Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Nadia slipped under the bar with her brother next to Wanda who was watching someone Nadia recognized as Tony Stark. She felt her heart race faster than Pietro could run. All this time they have looked for him, wanting revenge. And now he stood maybe 10 feet in front of them.

Wanda held her hand out in front of Pietro to stop him from moving any further. Her brother threw her a look but didn't say anything. Stark seemed to be shaken, as if he was just breaking out of a trance. Which, knowing Wanda, was most likely the case.

Nadia glared at Stark as he grab the scepter with his iron glove on and stopped to stare at it for a moment. Pietro and Nadia both glanced at one another before Pietro leaned towards Wanda. "Are you just going to let him take it?" He whispered bitterly.

Wanda didn't respond, her sinister smile grew as she watched Stark return upstairs. Nadia itched to go after him, but Wanda heard her thoughts and grabbed her arm. "Nadia, don't." She hissed.

Nadia made a face ripping her arm away from Wanda. "This was our chance!" She growled, looking at her brother for support. Pietro sighed, shaking his hand. "This not not the area to discuss this."

"Well where are we going to go, did we think that through?" Nadia demanded. Wanda and Pietro stayed silent. "Back home, to town. Let's go back to town and figure out what to do next." Pietro looked at both his sisters.

"Fine." Nadia grumbled. She climbed onto Pietro's back as he picked Wanda up. Then faster than lighting, they where gone.

—•—

Nadia watched children play on a junkie swing set. She noticed their laugher, laughing as if there was nothing wrong with the world. Or it's people.

Her eyes scanned the street and at the pile at which people stood around. Her brother stood at the center, handing out materials that he probably stole. Nadia shook her head and noticed two kids sitting on the bench, looking over what looked like homework.

They seemed normal. An interesting word to Nadia. Life for her was never normal. She had always longed to go to school, to run home with work to do. Instead, she fought. And ran back to her cell with bruises.

"You're staring." Pietro slid next to her, rubbing the top of her head. Wanda sat next to him, looking over at Nadia. "What you thinking about?" She asked. "I think you already know." Nadia replied, glancing back at her sister, who nodded.

"Yes... I do, but I would prefer if you would tell me." Nadia squinted at Wanda, but then sighed. "Sometimes I wonder what it would feel like to be normal. Like, what would I be doing?"

"Well, it be a school night, so possibly finishing up homework. Maybe talking to a boyfriend on the phone." Wanda tilted her head in thought. "Boyfriend?" Pietro questioned, raising an eyebrow. Wanda waved him off. "Pietro and I would go to college."

"But live at home." Pietro interrupted. "So I could keep an eye on you and this, 'boyfriend.'" Wanda rolled her eyes and swatted Pietro, making Nadia giggle. "Momma would probably be cleaning up dinner, and Papa would be closing the bakery." Wanda continued. She seemed to be watching the trees sway with the wind, lost in another world.

"Costel! Costel! Where did you go?" A women ran past them and towards a little boy. The boy looked at the siblings. "The church. The man says you need to come to the church."

"What man?" Wanda demanded, eyeing the boy suspiciously. He paused, thinking. "The Iron Man." He replied. The Maximoff's glanced at one another. "The Iron Man?" Nadia asked, confused what the boy meant.

The boy nodded. "The Iron Man." His sister dragged him off, leaving the siblings with nothing to do but go to the church and meet 'The Iron Man.'

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro