Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A while before.

Steve walked with Maria out of the quinjet. "Those Enhanced?" He asked following Maria. "Wanda, Pietro, and Nadia Maximoff. Older two twins, younger one I'm guessing a surprise. All orphaned at young ages, twins at ten and 'surprise' at five when a shell collapse their apartment building."

Maria continued. "Sokovia has had a... rough history, it's nowhere special but it's on the way to everywhere special."

"Their abilities?" Steve asked as they made their way towards the elevator. "He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation. The younger ones has a small dose of telekinesis and the ability to create illusions, a great way to mess with your head."

Steve looked at her confused. Annoyed at his lack of knowledge, Maria rolled her eyes. "He's fast, she's weird, and she's an oddball."

—•—

Nadia walked behind her siblings as they made their way through the gate. They noticed a figure sitting on the throne in the center. "Talk. And if you're wasting our time-"

"Did you know this church is located in the exact center of the city? The elders decreed it so that everyone could be, equally close to God." The figure interrupted Wanda as she spoke.

Nadia stood next to Pietro. She observed the figure, it didn't sound exactly human but didn't seem in-human.

"I like that. The geometry of belief." The figure's hand appeared. "You're wondering why you can't look inside my head."

"Sometimes it hard, but sooner or later every man shows himself," Wanda replied, stepping closer. "Oh, I'm sure they do." The figure got up, showing it's true self. A machine.

Nadia let out a soft gasp, retreating back a few steps. "But you needed more than a man, that's why you let Stark take the specter." The robot being thing said.

Unlike her siblings, Wanda didn't show much shock, nor fear. "I didn't expect..." she hesitated, choosing her words carefully. "But I saw Stark's worst fear and I knew it would control him. Make him self-destruct."

Nadia looked at her sister, shocked at what she was hearing. "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers, people create.. smaller people, children have children, designed to supplant them." The robot eyed her.

"Is that why you've come?" Wanda asked. "You want to destroy the Avengers," Nadia concluded looking up towards the machine. "I want to save the world, but also, yeah."

—•—

Ultron as he said he was called, lead them towards the dead robots in the bottom of the Hydra base."We'll move out right away," Ultron said, leading them inside.

"This is a start, but there's something we'll need to begin the real work." Wanda looked around. "All of these are.."

"Me. I have what the Avengers never will, harmony. They're discordant, disconnected. Stark's already got them turning on each other, and when you get inside the rest of their heads..."

Ultron was cut off by Pietro."Everyone's plan is not to kill them." He watched Ultron fly upwards. Nadia stared at her hands, a purple spark appearing. "And make them martyrs. You need patience, need to see the big picture."

Pietro chuckled bitterly. "I don't see the big picture. I have a little picture. I take it out and look at it, every day." Nadia looked towards her brother, biting the inside of her cheek.

"You lost your parents in the bombings. I've seen the records." Ultron nodding. "Their records are not the picture."

"Pietro.." Nadia sighed, knowing where this was going. "No." Ultron looked at her. "Please." Pietro looked over at Wanda. "We're ten years old, Nadia was five. We were having dinner, the five of us. In the first shell hits two floors below, it makes a hole in the floor."

Nadia looked away, though tears stung her eyes. "It's big, our parents go in. The whole building starts coming apart. I grab both of them and roll under the bed. The second shell hits but it doesn't go off. It just... sits there in the rubble. Three feet from our faces. And on the side of the shell is painted one word."

"Stark." Wanda turned towards Ultron, her face filled with anger. "We were trapped to this." Pietro finished. Wanda stared into the distance.

"Every effort to save us, every shift in the bricks I think, this will set it off. We wait for two days for Tony Stark to kill us." Pietro nodded. "They know what they are."

"Monsters." Nadia stared at the machine. "I was young, babbling about wanting to go to America. My parents, their face are blurs. But when they fell through that hole, the face of fear, is the only feature I remember."

Ultron tilted his head. "I wondered why only you three survived Strucker's experiments. Now I don't. We will make it right." He looked towards Pietro. "You and I can hurt them." He came closer and glanced towards Nadia. "You can confuse them, or hurt them emotionally."

He came closer to Wanda, touching her head. "But you.. will tear them apart."

Here we go!
How do you all like Nadia?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro