Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Nadia was left alone in her room for most of the day. She didn't do much besides keep up with the news and lay in bed, wallowing in self pity.

Steve's friend, Bucky, had apparently escaped with Steve and Sam, not a coincidence. Nadia flipped the channel to see a person in a red and blue onesie, swing onto, what looked like spiderwebs. Nadia furrowed her eyebrows as she watched the TV screen.

The person was apparently called Spider-Man, but his voice sounded too young to be a man. He almost sounded Nadia's age. The kid swung around, pulling a car towards him and then stopping it with his hands. The reporter said there were no casualties and everyone was fine.

Nadia flipped the channel back on to the other news and pulled out her laptop. She swiftly began tapping on her keyboard, looking up every so often to see if there was anything on Steve.

Nadia had come across multiple pages and blogs of trying to figure who the Spider-Man was. Some even claimed to be him, but if he had a mask, he probably would want his identity a secret. A few articles stated that he must be at least fifteen, and Nadia didn't let that go past her.

"Nadia?" Wanda's voice ripped her out of her head. "Oh, sorry. Um, are you hungry? It's getting late. And I thought you might want something from the pantry." Nadia turns to her window to see it has become dark. "How-? Uh, yeah, I'll be out in a moment.

Her sister nodded and walked back down the halls. Nadia took a breath, closing her laptop. She made herself walk towards the kitchen where Vision and Wanda were already seated. She opened the pantry door to find a bag of chocolate chip cookies.

"Sam isn't going to be happy that you ate those," Vision warned, looking up from her book. "Eh, he'll live, besides, if he didn't want me to eat them, he shouldn't have put them where I could easily get them."

"He stopped putting them on the top shelf because you would just use your powers to get them down." Wanda raised an eyebrow. Nadia shrugged, a cookie in her mouth. "Pfft." Wanda chuckled. An explosion got all their attention as they rushed to the window.

"What is it?" Wanda asked. Nadia watched the flames rise up from the window, she finished the cookie she was eating as Vision instructed them to stay. He flew through the wall, leaving the sister's alone. Nadia felt a presence as Wanda grabbed control of a knife and threw it towards the figures face.

"Guess I should have knocked." Clint chuckled, moving it away. A smile filled Nadia's face, "What are you doing here?" Wanda asked, walking towards him. "Disappointing my kids," He grabbed an arrow in two spots. "We were supposed to go waterskiing."

"Awe, Cooper was looking forward to that." Nadia made a face. Wanda looked at her in confusion. "What? I babysit!"

"Yeah, and you do great. But Cap needs our help, come on." Clint grabbed each of their hands, pulling them away. "Clint!" Vision's voice echos through the room. "You should not be here..." His tone was warning, testing even.

"Really? I retire for, what, like five minutes, and it all goes to shit." Nadia bit back her laugh as Vision came near them. "Please consider the consequences of your actions."

"Okay. There considered." The two arrows shocked out electricity through them, attacking Vision. Clint grabbed Nadia's hand. "Okay, we got to go." She followed him out, but Wanda didn't. Clint turned towards her. "Its this way."

"I've caused enough problems." Wanda sighs, pulling on her sleeve. Nadia walks back to her sister. "You gotta help me, Wanda. You and Nadia do." Clint told her. "Look you wanna mope, go to college or high school. You wanna make amends, you get off your ass." a small smile traces Nadia's lip, remembering Pietro once again.

"Shit," Clint muttered as Vision zapped the arrow with his head. Clint pulled out an arrow but Vision punched him down. Nadia grabbed her sister's hand, stepping back. Clint got up, breathing heavily. "I knew I should have stretched." He muttered. He grabbed one of his arrows and began to try to hit Vision with it.

Vision went through every attack to the point he got Clint in a headlock. "Clint, You can't overpower me," he warned. "I know I can't. But she can." Nadia turned to see Wanda stepping in front of him, her powers ready. "Vision, that's enough. Let him go. We're leaving." She told him.

"I can't let you," Vision told her. She extended her arms, taking control of the stone. "I'm sorry." She whispered. Nadia knelt down next to Clint, helping him breathe steadily. Wanda dragged Vision's body towards the ground, breaking the floor in the process. "If you do this, they will never stop being afraid of you,"

"I can't control their fear, only my own." She sent him down several floors, leaving a hole in the ground. Nadia stood over it, looking down. "That's going to take a while to clean up," Nadia muttered, Clint sighed. "Alright, we have one more stop to go, come on." The sisters nodded and followed their archer friend out.

—•—

"Since when did you get a van?" Nadia asked Clint. They had been on the road headed to San Francisco for almost two days since they haven't stopped once. Clint looked at her from the rearview mirror. "I've always had a van."

"Not this one." Nadia pointed out, looking up from her phone. Steve and Sam were nowhere to be found, which was good news. "So, who even is this guy?" Wanda asked Clint, who shrugged. "Nadia, remember that small guy who beat Sam up?" She grinned, thinking back to how Sam told her not to tell Steve, but it was a bit too late.

"We're looking for him?" Nadia scooted up towards them. "That's what Cap requested. His name is Scott Lang." Clint sighed, turning into a street of San Francisco. "Sam's going to love this one." She chuckled, watching the row of houses. They stopped in front of a tall run downish house, the paint on the outside was hanging on by a thread, and the stairway was very narrow.

Nadia got out of the van with Clint, and Wanda stayed inside. Both of them made their way up to the door before knocking. They stood in silence as they heard rustling from the other side.

A lock turned and the door opened with a man behind it. His hair was a mess, parts of it sticking out in every direction. His green eyes scanned the heroes in front of him, and he didn't seem dressed for company in his pajamas.

"Mr. Lang?" Nadia asked him, he turned at her in surprise. "That's me," He glanced at Clint again. "Captain America needs your help."

Scott's such a dad. prove me wrong.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro