Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

LONDON.

Steve stood alone in the church as others have left. He was heartbroken Peggy had died, especially since she was all he had from his old life.

Natasha came up to him, smiling sadly. "When I came out of the ice, I thought I wanted to ignore she was gone. When I found out that she was alive, I was just lucky to have her." Steve told her, glancing at the ceiling.

"She'd had you're back too," Natasha told him. "Who else signed it?" Steve took down towards her. "Tony, Rhodey, Vision."

"Clint?" Steve asked. He had not heard from the archer in a while. "Says he retired," Natasha replied with an amused smile. "Nadia and Wanda?"

"TBD. I'm off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There is plenty of room on the jet." She paused. "Just because it's the path of least resistance does mean it's the wrong path. Staying together is more important than how we stay together."

Steve shook his head, "What are we giving up to do it? Sorry, Nat. I can't sign it."

"I know." Natasha nodded. "Well then. What are you doing here?" He asked. "I didn't want you to be alone. Come here." She pulled him into a hug, which he gratefully accepted.

—•—

An odd smell filled the compound later that morning as Nadia was sketching a drawing for Lila the next time she would babysit.

The teenager got out of bed and made her way to the kitchen where Vision was cooking. "Is that-"

"Paprikash. I was hoping it would lift both of your spirits." Vision replied. Wanda was standing next to him, tasting it. "Spirts lifted." Wanda nodded, a small smile forming on her face.

Nadia remembered when her mother used to make it, well sort of remembered. "Wanda, remember when Mama made this, and Pietro spilled it all over the floor?"

Wanda laughed at the memory. "It was everywhere, even in his hair." Nadia shook her head coming over. "Those were the good days."

Vision paused. "No one dislikes you Wanda, or you, Nadia."

"Thanks..." Wanda told him, while Nadia was tasting it. "That is not Paprika." She muttered.

"Oh, you're welcome. No. It's a... involuntary response in their amygdala they can't help but be afraid of you two." Vision told them.

"Are you?" Wanda asked, glancing up towards the machine. "My amygdala is synthetic, so..."

"I used to think of myself one way. But, after this. I am something else. And still me, I think. But... that's not what everyone else sees." She creates a red spark in her hand, her gaze settling on it. Nadia started at her feet.

"Do you know, I don't know what this is. Not really. I know it's not of this world. But it powered Loki staff, gave you two your abilities. But... its true nature is a mystery. And yet, it is part of me."

"Are you afraid of it?" Nadia asked, making a purple butterfly fly around the room. Vision watched it as he spoke.

"I wish to understand it. The more I do, the less it controls me. One day, who knows, I may even control it." He caught it and it disappeared.

"Nadia's right, I don't know what's in this but it is not paprika. I'm gonna go to the store, I'll be back in 20 minutes." Wanda told them, she began to walk away until Vision stepped in front of her.

"Alternatively, we could order a pizza?" He suggested. Nadia tilted her head in question. "Vision, are you not letting me leave?" Wanda asked, looking up at the being before her.

"It's a question of safety." He told her. "I can protect myself," Wanda assured him, trying to move. He stopped her again.

"Not yours. Mr. Stark would like to avoid the possibility of another public incident. Until the Accords are a... more secure foundation."

"Then, I'll go get some," Nadia said, getting up from the counter. "Mr. Stark suggested you stay here as well."

"What? But I have school," Nadia looked at her sister, bewildered. "He just wants to keep everything calm,"

"And what do you want?" Wanda asked him, Nadia crossed her arms.

"For people to see you... as I do."

Nadia went to her room quickly and flopped on her bed. She grabbed one of the pillows and screamed into it, letting her frustration out.

Once she was done, she got up and turned on the TV in her room. Now she was stuck in the compound so what else to do? The news flashed on and Nadia was about to skip it until she saw Steve on screen.

He was being arrested with Sam and a man in a catsuit. "Вот дерьмо." She whispered in shock, she sat down on the edge of her bed.

"I hope you're using your head too, Steve." She muttered, leaning in to listen for the news. A clip played of a car chase, some guy was in a car and both Steve and Sam were following him.

So was Mr. Cat suit. Nadia watched as they got surrounded. "Congratulations Cap, you're a criminal." Rhodey's voice filled the screen.

Nadia turned the TV off and flipped her laptop open. She quickly clicked on an article for Steve's punishment.

"Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, Prince T'Challa, and murder suspect James Buchanan Barnes where all taken into custody by the government, what they will face is to be determined. Is the country's most patriotic solider going bad? We'll see."

Nadia looked up at the ceiling. "Dear God." She muttered. Steve was in trouble and she couldn't even do anything to help him.

—•—

Steve sat in the office as Tony was trying to get him to sign the accords. Keyword: trying.

"Sometimes I wanna punch you in your perfect teeth. But I don't wanna see you gone. We need you, Cap. Until further nothing happens that can't be undone, please... sign." He handed him a pen. "We can make the last 24 hours legit. Barnes gets transferred to an American psych center instead of a Wakanda prison."

"I'm not saying it's impossible. But there would have to be safeguards." Steve told him, grabbing the pen. He fiddled with it.

"Sure. Once we put out the PR fire, these documents can be amended. I filed a motion to have you, Wanda, and Nadia reinstated."

What? What about Wanda and Nadia?" Steve looked up in confusion.

"They're fine. They're confined in a compound currently. Vision's keeping them company." Tony replied.

"Oh God, Tony! Every time. Every time I think you're seeing things the right way..." Steve shook his head, shocked by what he was hearing. "What? It's a 100 acres with a lap pool. It's got a screening room. There are worse ways to protect people."

"Protection? Is that how you see this? This is protection? It's internment, Tony." Tony took a breath. "They're not US Citizens..."

"Oh, come on, Tony."

"and they don't grant visas to Weapons of Mass Destruction."

"They're kids!" Steve shouted, getting up. "And they want to live their lives! Nadia is getting ready for high school, Tony. Did you know that? They can't be trapped in the compound."

"GIVE ME A BREAK! I'm doing what has to be done ... to save us something worse." Tony snapped, rubbing his forehead.

"You keep telling yourself that. Hate to break up the set." Steve left the pen on the table and walked out in disgust, leaving Tony alone.

Nadia is such a mood to me,

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro