Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The day came to a close as Nadia was struggling with her locker. She glanced back at the paper with her code on it and tried again. "06-09-19" She muttered, twisting the nob for the second time. She heard a click and opened the locker with a face of triumph.

As she put the remaining books away from her bag she went through the homework she had to complete. Math— which she was almost done with, Science paper to write, Her reading class had just begun a book called "The Outsiders" so she had to read two chapters for discussion, and American History homework— which she was going to go over to Peter's for help.

Speaking of him, Peter seemed to be very eager to get out of school. "Hey, are you walking home with me?" Nadia asked him, shoving the books she needed into her backpack. Peter looked at her and had a look of guilt on his face. "Well... after school, usually I do, you know... superhero stuff." He lowered his voice in the last part causing Nadia to laugh.

"What?" Peter looked at her confused as she shook her head. "You don't need to do, 'superhero stuff.'" She told him, mimicking his voice.

"I don't sound like that."

"I don't sound like that~"

Shutting her locker, Peter shrugged, "You could come with me if you want." But the redhead only sighed. "I have a lot of homework and some catching up to do, but I'll see you later when I come over. Have fun on your 'superhero stuff'" She began to walk away when Peter shouted, "I don't sound like that!"

—•—

Nadia set aside the last paper for science once she was done and stared proudly at her pile of homework. Everything was about done. She just had to go set over to Peter's, despite being exhausted. She yawned and grabbed her assignment before writing a note to Jane that she was at Peter's and should be back before she got home, but this was just in case.

Nadia strolled down the hallway and shuffled down the stairs, humming a small tune to herself as she made her way to Peter's door. She knocked and was greeted to a smiling Aunt May.

"Oh Nadia, come in honey!" She greeted, waving the young redhead inside before shutting the door. There was a crashing sound causing Nadia to whirl around. "What's going on in there?" Aunt May shouted to Peter who quickly responded back. "Uh... nothing! It's nothing!"

"Just go on in, oh my god!" Aunt May rushed to the oven before laughing, "Oh dear." She muttered, opened the oven door and letting out smoke. She began to fan it away and walked over to Peter's door, opened it. Nadia stood behind her and quickly shifted her eyes away from Peter when she saw he was shirtless.

"That turkey meatloaf recipe is a disaster. Let's go to dinner. Thai? Oh, Nadia, Jane called you're coming with us. Ned, you want Thai?"

"Yes." Ned nodded eagerly but Peter interrupted him "No. He's got a thing."

"A thing to do after." Ned swiftly agreed, Nadia was staring at the wall praying Peter would put on some clothes.

"Okay." May nods, glancing at Nadia and waved a finger at Peter, who is still only in his boxers. "Maybe put on some clothes."

She left and closed the door behind her. Leaving Nadia to stand there awkwardly and now stare at Peter's suit on the floor. "Uh, as I was saying, Peter. That's a really great spider-man costume." Ned began, eyeing Nadia fearfully.

"Nadia, he knows." Peter sighed, finally putting a shirt on. "God damn it, Peter." Nadia sighed, causing Ned to be even more confused. "Nadia? Who's that?" He tripped on the LEGO pieces below him and almost face planted. Nadia caught him with a flick of her hand and he laid there, a purple glow surrounding him. "What. The. Hell. Is. Happening?!"

—•—

"Nadia Maximoff. Spider-Man and Pandora? I got to sit down." That was Ned's first reaction to the news by the time Nadia and Peter finally finished explaining. Peter and Nadia eyed each other nervously, wondering if Ned could actually keep this a secret. "So, Aunt May, she doesn't know?" Ned asked, but Peter shook his head so hard Nadia was sure it would fall off.

"Nobody knows. I mean, Mr. Stark knows because he made my suit, and well Nadia obviously. Who's going under a new name to get away from the government."

"That's so cool, Nikki- or Nadia... What should I call you?"

"When it's just us, Nadia's fine." The redhead almost wanted to smile, she did miss her old name. "So you're like an Avenger?" Ned asked Peter who shrugged. "Yeah, basically. Well kind of." He rephrased it after seeing the look Nadia gave him. Ned smiled, "Woah."

"You can't tell anyone about this. You have to keep this a secret." But Ned looked confused. "A secret? Why?"

"If people find out about Nadia, she'll go to prison. Okay? They'll lock her up. And this time..."

"This time, I won't be freed." Nadia nodded, biting the inside of cheek as Ned glanced at her. "And you know what May's like. If she finds out people try and kill me every single night, she's not going to let me do this anymore. Come on, Ned."

"Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay. I'll level with you." Ned sat there silent for a moment before jumping up. "I don't think I can keep this a secret. This is the greatest thing that's ever happened to me, Peter!"

"Ned, May cannot know. I cannot do that to her right now, you know? I mean, everything that's happened with her, I... Please." Ned nodded. "Okay." Peter still didn't look convinced. "Just swear it, okay?"

Ned nodded once more. "I swear." Peter sighed with relief. "Thank you."

Nadia sat on Peter's bed, shaking her head as she rubbed her forehead. Ned kept asking questions until Peter told him to leave. He then shut his door and leaned against it, facepalming.

"What happened?" Nadia asked him as he came to sit down next to her. "I came through the window and Ned saw me, this wasn't supposed to happen. I lost track of time, especially with the bank robbery..."

"A bank robbery? Peter... You have gotten hurt." Nadia looked up at him, frowning. "I know you want to prove yourself to the Avengers but you need actual training from someone who knows what they're doing..."

"That's it, that's perfect!"

"What?..."

"You're an Avenger, you can train me, you said it yourself. I need training from someone who knows what they're doing. You've been an Avenger for what two years?"

"Three... but Peter..."

"Please Nadia, please. You can teach me, please." Peter begged her, causing Nadi to sigh. "Fine, fine..." Peter threw his arms around her, thanking her a ton of times. Nadia felt her cheeks get red before rolling her eyes.

"Fine. We start now."

"Now? Like, now now?"

"Now now. Rule number one. And pay attention, this is the most important." She waited for Peter's full attention, but that didn't take long.

"Rule number one: you can't save everyone." There was a silence as she said that, but she continued. "Especially the people you care about." She glanced at Peter and looked away. As she stared at his door, Pietro slowly appeared. She stared at him as she continued. "And it sucks. One hundred percent. But sometimes, that's how the world works. You trust a mad robot and get people killed. But life goes on."

Peter opened his mouth to say something but May opened the door, causing Pietro to disappear. "Hey, we're going now."

Both of the teens got up, almost pretending the conversation never happened.

okay...
I FINALLY UPDATED!
it's been so long i know! i love nadia with all my heart but its been a struggle to write but i finally did it!!
i promise i will update more. especially since schools closed until april 30th :(
love you all 3000!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro