2. "to touch a million stars"

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Do you know what it'd be like to touch all those stars?"

Marshmallow rubbed her eyes as they reopened, then shifting to face Apple.

It was their official ninth date from the current month; quiet and calm stargazing on a cool night. Both had settled comfortably in a secure spot, far enough from the Purgatory Mansion but nowhere close to the show's perimeters. Marshmallow had just began to doze off until Apple caught her attention.

"Come again?"

"I mean, do you ever wonder what it would be like to just reach out for one of those little guys?" Apple had that childish smile of hers as her eyes were glued tight to the astral sky. "Wouldn't that be so cool?"

'Where does she even come up with these questions?' "Uh, well... I don't know. I mean, why touch a star?"

"Why not?" Apple was quick to respond. "They aren't as cool or pretty as you, but they're pretty darn close."

Marshmallow couldn't help but blush. Was it an unconscious compliment? She wasn't so sure, but it still managed to fluster her.

"U-um, I guess..." Marshmallow then refocused her eyes at the midnight blue sky, analyzing all the scattered stars. "They are pretty nice to look at..."

"Could you just imagine how awesome it would be to have one up close? I mean, you could own one of them, and hold it! Instead of having to go out everyday and waiting until it's dark just to see 'em. It'd be right there!"

As Apple rambled on, Marshmallow kept her focus on the starry sky, now flooded with interest. Apple's sudden question had kept her intrigued.

She sat upwards, then hugging her knees close. Apple's voice faded away as she blocked out any noise, and settled her complete attention on the stars glistening above.

'As weird as Apple's statements can be, she does get one thing right; these stars are really pretty. Especially on this night... Is that why she chose to drag me out here?'

Marsh brought herself back to reality, taking a quick glance at Apple, noticing how she too went quiet and appreciated the sight right above her.

Seeing her like that made her smile, until she noticed Apple shiver.

"Shoot, Apple, are you cold? We can head back if you like. You know, I did tell you about bringing a blanket, but-"

"No, it's okay!" Apple interrupted, keeping a smile on her face, even though it was obvious that she was freezing. "I kinda wanna stay out a bit longer."

'Oh Apple, don't stay out longer just because of me!' "If we lay out here any longer, you'll probably catch a cold!"

"I have you, don't I?"

There was a pause. It took time for Marshmallow to process what Apple had meant before realization smacked her right in the face.

"O-oh. Okay, I'll-"

Apple went in for a hug before Marshmallow could even finish her sentence, keeping her close to fully receive body warmth.

Marsh received goosebumps due to how cold Apple's arms were. It took a while before she began to warm up against her.

Apple let out a satisfactory sigh. "Much better... You comfy enough, Marshmallow?"

"Y-yeah," Marshmallow couldn't mutter out another word. Her heart accelerated at a speed unimaginable.

Marsh's gaze shifted upwards,back to see the shining stars, then looking back to see Apple's soft and warm expression.

With a small smile, Marshmallow said, "Y'know, I think it's not worth to go after a star."

Apple softly gazed at her, her head tilted. "Why not?"

"Because I have the most brightest one, right here alongside me."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro