#121 Jimmy Craig (Requested) 1980 USA Mens Olympic Hockey Team

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Angie's POV*

"What does the thermometer say?" Jimmy asked chewing on his lip, "104." I read aloud looking at my sick boyfriend, "so that means....." "No game....." I whispered. Just from the look in his eyes I could tell he was heart broken, tonight was the night the boys faced Germany, but he'd have to miss it. The game against the Soviets was only days away and Jimmy could not afford to be out of that one!

Sitting on the edge of the bed his long arms wrapped around me pulling himself close enough to where his head could rest on my lap. My fingers found his hair and I played with it, as well as softly massaging his scalp to help rid some of the head ache pain he'd been having. Jimmy's eyes were closed and just a few moments later he was fast asleep, even though asleep he still held onto me tight not letting me go anywhere. Whenever he got sick he'd also get extremely clingy. Which I found sweet, a couple minuets later his eyes opened again making my heart jump at the sight of the blue eyes.

"That was the definition of the saying cat nap," I joked pecking his forehead*

"Haha clever, if this damn headache would go away I could sleep. But it won't go away neither with this damn cold." He said through a sneeze, "well you probably need some cold medicine so if you let me go I can go down and get you some from the pharmacy." "No, stay." A soft laugh escape from my lips as I wiggled down a bit so my head could rest on the pillows. "So clingy," I giggle. Turning his head to look at me sticking his tongue out making both of us laugh. Un-wrapping his arms from me Jimmy turned on to his side grabbed my waist and pulled me into him the warmth of his body keeping me warm.

Slowly we fell asleep tangled up our chests rising and calling in sync. The blankets covered both of us keeping the warmth in our bodies and keeping out the frozen air of Lake Placid. Everything was peaceful and perfect until a loud knock on the door woke both of us up.
"Who is it!?" I shouted from the bed hiding my face in Jimmy's side.

"It's Rizz, Magic, and Pavelich!" With a soft groan Jimmy got up and headed for the door, opening to see his three teammates/best friends standing there with cheesy grins.

"What do you three want?"
"Geesh! Grouchy much?" Magic laughed walking in, "you woke Jimmy up." I explain to them offering a small smile. All three smiled back "sorry Jim, we thought maybe we could bring some soup or something for you to help you feel better." Pavelich explained holding out a bag with a styrofoam cup filled with soup. Jimmy turned to me and narrowed his eyes
"Did you call them?"
"No?"
"Angie."
"Have you seen me pick up the phone?"
"No bu-"
"then there is your answer." Jimmy sighed and offered a small smile to his friends "sorry guys I'm just tired and having to miss tonight's game has me down."
"Don't worry bud, you'll be back on the ice soon but for now we have Janny and we'll kick butt for you." Rizzo comforted his friend, Jimmy's smile got bigger and he took the bag setting it on the nightstand. "Thanks guys for coming by and bringing soup but if you don't mind I'd like to get some sleep." "No problem, see ya later man!" All three said in unison. Getting up from the bed I walked the three to the end of the hall at the hotel where me and some of the girlfriends were staying.

After talking with them I snuck back into the room, to see Jimmy sprawled out on the bed with a pillow wrapped in his arm. His hair was a complete mess, mouth slightly open, and loud snores filled the room. Grabbing hold of the pillow i tugged a bit but he wouldn't give it to me "no Angie stay here." A soft giggle escaped my lips and I pulled at the pillow again earning an annoyed groan and a cute protest of why I need to say. Leaving the pillow alone I climbed in on the other side slipping under his arm and cuddling close earning a happy and content sigh.
"Finally you join me."
"Shut it Craig." I giggled.
"I love you Angie."
"I love you too sweetheart, now let's get some sleep." Cuddling close we fell asleep for hope that he'd be better tomorrow.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro