#78 Mike Eruzione (Requested) 1980's USA OLYMPIC HOCKEY TEAM

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Alison's POV*
"Hey sweetie do you remember how we met?" Rizzo smiles bringing me closer to him nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck. I smile and nod laying against him "yes I do, how can I forget a 25 year old skating towards me in a Mickey Mouse shirt smiling as wide as the Grand Canyon?" Rizzo chuckled against my neck making my smile wider resting my hands on top of his. Closing my eyes having a flashback of the wonderful day I met the man I was madly in love with.

*Flashback!*
I skated around my college's ice rink this was something I did if I was getting stressed and believe me, with finals around the corner and the world in dismay, I was stressing. Leaning against the boards I slid down them sitting on the ice my head resting on the boards eyes closed. It was so nice to have the rink to myself, usually when I was here there were a bunch of high testosterone males chasing after a puck screaming profanities at the top of their lungs.

But now it was quite. Well it was quite until the sound of the sharp knife like blades slicing through the ice filled my ears. Opening my right eye a boy with messy black hair, a nice build, a smile as wide as the Grand Canyon wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt made his way to me. Stopping in front of me his smiles seemed to get even wider as he offered me his hand both my eyes now open I smiled back and shook my head, "no thank you I'm good right here." The boy chuckled "mind if I sit with you?" "No go ahead." "Thanks." He was definitely not from Minnesota. "Boston?" I ask looking at him, he nods "Boston. Minnesota?" My smile stretches "Yup!"

Nothing was said for a while but the silence wasn't awkward it was actually refreshing and comfortable. When we began talking he made me laugh and that cute accent made the butterflies in my stomach erupt. I learned his name was Mike Eruzione (Rizzo or Rizzie for short), he was trying to keep his ass on the roster for the 1980 USA Olympic Hockey Team, and he made a mean meatball. Three hours later we said our goodbyes but scheduled a coffee date for later in the week.

When the day of the coffee date came around I was a nervous wreck! When it came to guys I was never nervous, because my my three siblings were boys. So growing up with three older brothers you get used to talking to them, it was a natural thing for me but there was something about Rizzo that made me want to scream and jump around. With happiness of course. I met him at Mark's coffee shop near the U, it was about 40 degrees and when I pulled up in my mom's car there he stood outside breathing into his hands waiting for me.

"Are you insane!?" I laugh getting out of the car. He smiled his cute little nose pink, and with just a smile I was already screaming on the inside.

"I must be! What have you done to me!?" He laughs taking my arm pulling open the door and stepping inside the warm cozy shop the scent of coffee filling our noses. When I thought he'd let go of my arm he didn't we stepped up to the cash register and he ordered then smiled at me "what do you want it's on me." I shook my head "no Rizz I can't let you do that." "Yes you can. Now order please you're making the lady wait," he teased poking my side making me laugh and roll my eyes. "Coffee black please." Rizzo looked at me eyebrows raised, "no creamer, sugar??" "Oh yeah honey please." He just chuckles and shakes his head "you're strange." "Not as strange as somebody who wears a Mickey Mouse shirt at the age of 25." "Hush." We both laugh he pays and we take our coffees sitting by the window. From the second we sat down to the moment he got in my car so I could drive his crazy ass home we knew everything about each other.

It was a month later after multiple dates Rizz asked me to be his girlfriend. I was ecstatic! A week after that I met the rest of the boys and some of their girlfriends, everybody was so nice and welcoming. Just like a family.

Two months after that, and after their match against the Norwegian 'B' team the both of us shared our first 'I love you' standing in the airport cuddled together in a corner as he drifted off to sleep against my shoulder.

After beating the Soviet team and coming from behind to beat Finland in the medal game in Lake Placid New York, Rizzo dropped to his knee and presented a gorges engagement ring smiling like a fool. "Marry me Alison, I love you so much make me the happiest man on the planet." I wanted to give him a yes but with tears a giant smile and my hands covering my mouth all I could do was nod yes. Slipping the ring on to my finger he picked my up, my legs wrapping around his waist as the boys surrounded us shouting congratulations.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Now here I was wrapped in my fiancé's arms

Now here I was laying with my fiancé, we were getting married next June here in St. Paul Minnesota. Reopening my eyes Rizzo was fast asleep, leaning over I pecked his lips cuddling into his chest falling asleep instantly.

-----------------------------------------
I hope you liked it! Requests are open, message me or comment if you'd like one. :)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro