9 - Fight

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"You are all monsters!" Eddie's mom's words rang through the heads of all the small children. Honestly, she had no idea what a true monster was.

"W-w-we were a-attacked Muh-Mrs. K-"

"No! Don't!" She said, shoving Eddie into the passenger seat of her car. "Don't try to blame anyone else but yourselves!"

"What are you going to do, huh?" Charlie bursted, stepping in front of the tall woman. "Keep him trapped inside your house until he's a grown adult?!"

The woman back-handed Charlie across her cheek, causing the small child to stumble back into Bill's arms. Charlie shot her hands up to where the woman had smacked her and stood back up, ready to fight this woman, but Bill held her back.

"MOM!" Eddie screamed through the window of the car.

The woman rustled around, causing her to drop her own keys. Beverly - being the nice, sweet girl she is - bent down to pick the keys up but the witch pushed her back from the keys, making Charlie charge even more and also causing Bill to use more strength to hold her back.

"Stay back!" The woman's voice was harsh. It was this very moment that Charlie had grown a resentment toward this woman. "Oh I've heard of you Mrs. Marsh. And I don't want a dirty girl like you touching my son."

"She's done nothing wrong!" Charlie started, releasing herself from Bill's grip.

"And YOU! You stay away from my son. If I see you coming around my son, I'll kill you." And with the things that his mother had already done, the small child believed her and backed down for the day.

Charlie helplessly looked into the car where Eddie was crying. He hated his mother for hurting Charlie and could never forgive her after that.

"Muh-Mrs. K-"

"NO!" She whipped around to face the kids. "Like I said, you are all monsters! You all know how delicate he is!"

The woman jumped in her car and drove off as Charlie held the cheek where the woman had struck her. The Losers walked out in the street and waited until her car turned the corner.

"W-W-We nuh-know where it is a-a-and n-next time, wuh-we'll be better prepared."

"No!" Stanley bursted, startling the young girl that stood next to Bill. "No next time, Bill! You're insane!"

"Why?" Charlie defended. "We all know that no one else is going to do anything!"

"You and Eddie were nearly killed! And look at this motherfucker!" Richie gestured to Ben's stomach. "He's leaking hamburger helper!"

"We can't pretend it's going to go away!" Beverly also defended. "Ben you said it yourself, it comes back every 27 years!"

"Fine!" Ben said. "I'll be 40 and far away from here!" Ben's eyes dejected to Bev. "I thought you said you wanted to get out of this town, too!"

"Because I want to run toward something! Not away!"

"I'm sorry, who invited Molly Ringwald into the group?" Charlie glared at Richie and Beverly flipped him off. "I'm just saying, let's face facts! Real world!" Richie looked directly at Bill. "Georgie's dead. Stop trying to get us killed, too."

Rich began to walk away, but was easily stopped by Bill. Bill stepped in front of him, ready to fight.

"You couldn't save him, but you can still save yourself."

"No! Take it back! You're scared. W-w-w-we all are, but t-t-tuh-take it back!" With that, Bill shoved Richie and the two young girls stared at the situation, stunned.

Richie shoved back and Bill grabbed Rich by the shirt and punched him right in the glasses, making Rich fall back.

"Bill!" Charlie and Bev both yelled for Bill. Charlie rushed to Bill and helped Ben to pull him back.

"You're just a bunch of losers! FUCK OFF! You're just a bunch of losers and you're all gonna get yourselves killed trying to get this clown-"

"OK STOP!" Beverly finally screamed. "This is what it wants! It wants to divide us! We were all together when we hurt it. THAT'S why we're still alive!"

"Yeah? Well I plan to keep it that way." Richie shouldered Bill as he got to his bike and rode off. Stanley and Ben followed shortly thereafter, along with Mike.

"Mike." Charlie pleaded.

"Guys," He turned around. "I can't do this. My grandad was right. I'm an outsider. Gotta stay that way."

"Chuh-Charlie?" Bill asked. They locked eyes.

"I-I'm with you guys.." She dejectedly said. The truth was, she couldn't take her mind off of Eddie. She wanted him more than ever now that he was gone.

"Is your arm ok?" Beverly asked; concerned.

"It's fine."

"Let's go to Keene's pharmacy," Bev stated, putting her hand warmly on Charlie's back. "Fix you up."

Charlie agreed as Bill went along with them. Charlie climbed onto Silver and unknowingly wrapped her arms around Bill, startling him.

"S-Sorry." Charlie said, unlatching her arms. He set them back where they were and smiled.

"It's ok. I wouldn't wuh-want you to f-f-fall."

The three rode to Keene's pharmacy and went inside. Keene nor his daughter were anywhere to be found in the store. Beverly and Bill quickly grabbed a large container of medical gauze and rubbing alcohol.

"Go! Go!" Charlie whispered loudly.

They all booked it to the alley where Eddie had fixed Ben up from Bowers. Charlie leaned her back on the wall and held her arm out for them to fix. Bill opened the rubbing alcohol and hesitated. Charlie could tell he didn't want to hurt her.

"I'll do it," Charlie said, grabbing the bottle from him.

"Y-You s-s-sure?"

"Yes."

Without a thought, Charlie clenched her teeth and poured the alcohol across the wound. She let out only one grunt of pain, then breathed through the rest. Beverly quickly opened the gauze and did her best to wrap the girl's arm.

"Thank you guys," Charlie said through tears that had barely brimmed her eyes.

"L-L-Let's get you huh-home." Bill said, holding out his hand for her to grab.

She took his hand and rode Silver home, where her dreaded uncle could be waiting; or not. She thanked Beverly as she turned on Canal Street to go home. Bill and Charlie pressed on through Canal, hung a left onto Center Street where he would follow it down to Main and then finally Jackson Street. Her house sat right behind the Gardener's house.

"Thank's, Big Bill." Charlie faintly smiled before gently climbing off his bike.

"N-No problem." He climbed off, dropped his bike and stood by the curb. "H-Hey Chuh-Charlie!" He called.

"Yeah, Bill?" Charlie turned and met his gleeful eyes.

"If you n-n-n-need anything, cuh-call."

"Sure thing, Big Bill!" Then the two parted ways.

Words: 1,117

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro