Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

When they reached his house, Yoongi unlocked and opened the front door as quickly as he could. He ushered Jimin inside before entering as well. Once they were both inside, he slammed the front door shut and locked it."Jesus fucking Christ, Jimin! Are you trying to get us both killed?!"

Jimin flinched at Yoongi's tone, not used to his best friend yelling at him. He had never heard Yoongi raise his voice in anger against anyone before."Hyung, I'm sorry. My curiosity got the best of me." He raked his fingers through his hair and tried to calm his nerves, but he was panting so hard from all the running they'd just done. He could hear Yoongi panting heavily as well."But you saw what I saw, right? People came out of that thing."

"Those weren't people!" Yoongi refused to believe that."They can't be people! They may look like people, but they came out of a fucking orb that flew through the damn sky!"

Seeing that Yoongi was really scared and freaked out, Jimin grabbed his shoulders firmly."Yoongi-hyung, calm down. Everything's going to be okay." Pulling his hyung close, he enclosed his arms around his small frame."I'll call the authorities and tell them what we saw. While I do that, I want you to sit in the living room and try to catch your breath."

Shaking his head in protest, Yoongi grabbed onto the front of Jimin's shirt with both hands."Jimin, please. We should stay in the same room. We don't know if we were followed or not."

"We weren't followed." Jimin said with a reassuring tone."Now go to the living room and chill. I'll call the authorities and make sure everything is explained to them."

---

"What kind of abode is this?" Seokjin wondered as he and Jungkook approached the place where the scent led.

"It appears to be a home of some sort." Jungkook stepped right up to the front door and thought for only a couple seconds before moving away from it."Let's try to get some peeks inside. See what they're up to."

Seokjin was ahead of Jungkook there. He had already started spying through the windows to see what their targets were doing. One of them seemed to be talking into a small device in his hand that he was holding to the side of his face."Where's the other one?"

"Over here." Jungkook poked his head out from where he had wandered around the side of the building and waved at Seokjin."I see the other one through here." Moving back to the window, he peered through. The one he saw was sitting down with his head in his hands. This caused Jungkook to cock his head to the side a tiny bit. What was this human doing? What was he feeling? Jungkook didn't understand."He's so little." That was something he couldn't help but notice. The human male appeared to be so small while sitting and huddled the way that he was.

After a moment of spying on the other human male, Seokjin stepped over to the corner of the abode and peeked around at Jungkook."I wonder what Namjoon's decision will be for these two. They appear scared."

Jungkook sighed and shook his head a little."I hope he doesn't want us to kill them. We need mates, and these two could serve us well in that regard."

"Jungkook, don't get soft now." Seokjin said with a slightly scolding tone."You know we're here for a mission. Any mates we choose will only be used for that purpose. Even if we mate with them, we may still have to kill them afterward."

"But why?" Jungkook didn't like the sound of that. He didn't agree with the ways of their kind."I know our mission, and I know the emperor's rules, but I don't like it."

Reaching out, Seokjin lightly ruffled Jungkook's hair."You've never mated before, and it's easy to tell from how much you feel. Once you've killed a mate or two, you will lose those pesky feelings."

"Have you lost these feelings, Seokjin?" Jungkook asked but received no answer."How many mates have you killed?" Again, he got no answer. So he decided to ask something else."Does Emperor Minseok know our current location?"

Tired of the questions, Seokjin rolled his eyes."Not yet. He'll know our location as soon as we send it to him. Namjoon is in charge of that. He'll send our coordinates to the emperor as soon as our mission officially begins here."

---

As Yoongi was sitting in the living room, he managed to calm down. Well, mostly. He could hear Jimin in the other room, and things weren't sounding good. He just remained on the sofa, holding his head in his hands as he tried to steady his breathing and nerves. When he heard Jimin enter the living room, Yoongi lifted his head to look at him."What's the verdict?"

"They didn't believe me." Jimin let out a heavy sigh of annoyance."They asked if we've been drinking, taking medications, smoking weed, all the dumb stuff." He plopped himself down onto the sofa next to Yoongi."They think we imagined it all, Hyung. I did manage to get them to agree to check out the mall lot though. They should call us back after they've checked it out."

"So what should we do while we wait?" Yoongi pulled his feet up onto the sofa and cuddled against Jimin's side for security.

Jimin shrugged his shoulders."There's not really anything we can do. Since I'm the one who called, they'll have my number in their system. They'll be calling me once they check out the lot, so you should try to rest. I'm sure you're worn out from all the running."

Not wanting to leave Jimin's side, Yoongi shifted in his spot on the sofa to lay down on the cushions. Then, he rested his head onto Jimin's lap."They better believe us after they see that big orb thing."

"They will, Hyung." To help Yoongi relax, Jimin started sifting his fingers through his hyung's hair.

Yoongi allowed his eyes to close as he felt safe with Jimin. After all, how were they to know that they were being watched at this very moment? Maybe he started to doze off, but he was suddenly wide awake when Jimin's phone rang."Jiminie..."

Giving Yoongi's head a gentle pat, Jimin answered his phone."Yes?" It was the authorities."What? No, it was there. What do you mean?"

Hearing Jimin's words and tone, Yoongi sat up."Jiminie..?"

Jimin held up his index finger to shush Yoongi as he listened to what the authorities said before they inevitably hung up on him."Damn it." He set his phone aside and groaned."They said the orb isn't there. The lot is empty. They think we were just pranking them."

"It isn't there?" This all made no sense to Yoongi. He and Jimin had both seen it. Why had no one else seen it? Where did it go?"What do we do now?"

"We sleep, Hyung." Jimin said decisively."We can't do anything else tonight, so we should get some sleep. We'll figure something out tomorrow."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro