14. The Program

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I never was one for dressing up. Don't get me wrong, It's not that i don't like it. I just never had a reason to wear a special dress or outfit.

So shopping for it was exhausting because i have no idea what the date entails.

"What about this bright yellow one?" Julie asks as she holds a short yellow sundress.

I shake my head no, Yellow is pretty but not my go to.

Walking around the racks, I start to think about my heart.

Now, After last night, My heart beats faster just from the mere thought of wally. My brain turned off and my heart took reign but I feel like I'll regret it.

"Find anything?" Julie asks across the isle and i say no.

The section was huge, Who knew howdy had a clothes part of the store.

"I've never seen you in a dress." Julie says as she twirls with a green dress in her hands.

"I've never actually thought about wearing one, Until now." I admit and her smile widens.

"Let's start!" She pulls me to a dressing room with a bunch of dresses.

Oh, this is gonna be hell.

~

"Wasn't that fun?" She says and i scoff.

"I suppose, But that last one made me look like a balloon." I say and she giggles.

"That's why I made you wear it!" She admits and i glare at her but a smile breaks out on my face as i laugh with her.

"So, We have the dress. The shoes. How about jewelry?" She asks.

"I have a few pieces that will work." I say.

Looking down at my watch, I notice it's 4pm already and my heart skips a beat.

I have four hours before wally picks me up.

"It's 4pm..." I say and Julie nods.

"Looks like we need backup!"

"Wait, What do you me- AH!" I was interrupted by Julie grabbing my hand and running towards my home. I almost trip with the bag in my hand and we push through the door.

She dashed to my phone and dialed a few numbers.

Soon my front door bursted open with Poppy, Sally and BARNABY???

"Alright! Let's get this show on the road!" Sally says as she comes near me with a big makeup case.

"Oh! This is so exciting!" Poppy exclaims as she sets down some hair materials.

"Barnaby?" I look at him and he laughs.

"Wally's my best friend. This is a huge milestone for him and i want to help! Now what are we working with??" He looks at me and i huff.

"Alright, You fairy godmother."

Julie skips near us and claps her hands.

"We have 4 hours to get this right! Let's start working people!"

Soon, I was dragged into the bathroom and all i could remember was the smell of hair products and Barnaby snappy comments on how it isn't quite right.

Lord, What did i do to deserve this.

Wally's p.o.v

I nervously look at the clock. Almost 4 hours until i have to pick up (y/n). If i have to be honest, I'm freaking out inside.

Everything was almost done. Walking around, I was checking my mental check list of everything i need done.

"Check, Check,"

Wally.

"Did i remember to buy that?" I look around.

Wally.

"Yes, I did. Is the basket ready?" Walking towards the kitchen, I check and i sigh in relief.

Wally!

I jump at hearing home speak.

"Y-yes?"

Everything is fine. You're only missing the vital part.

"Oh gosh! What is it?" I ask surprised.

Yourself.

"O-oh, right." I chuckle in embarrassment.

As long as you know what you need to do. You'll be fine. You're doing fine so far.

"But... I don't feel right lying to her." I admit and home stayed quiet.

A few beats past and then it spoke.

It's what's meant to be done. Soon, You won't need to worry. Just make her believe you long enough. Soon it won't feel wrong.

I nod but my heart felt like it was being split in two.

Good, I'm going to take a nap. I'll be up before your date. Get ready.

I look to the living room and see home closing it's eyes. A few squeaks and soon a soft rumble could be heard. Next to homes soft heartbeat.

I sigh in relief.

Home has always been by my side for as long as I can remember and i care so much but i can't help but fear it.

Turning, I walk to my room to get ready. Passing through the hall, I stop and look into that dark room. My memories flooding of those lonely painful nights. Where I'm almost at the brink of insanity.

Before i walk away, I see something shine.

What is that?

I push the door open and see the floor board was slightly shifted. Getting down on my knees, I lift the board and see a weird rectangular object. It was light in my hands and it had a cord coming out of it. The cord ran under the floor boards and seem to be connected to home itself.

I pull the cord and home makes a small noise like i was about to wake it up.

Letting go the cord, I see that it can open. So i lift slowly the top part and notice there's a screen and keyboard.

What is this..... Its like a mini tv with a keyboard?

The screen lights up and i see a bedroom.... It looked like any other bedroom...

But my blood runs cold when i see the picture frames on the wall.

"That's (y/n)'s room..." I whisper. Clicking random buttons, I find myself on a program.

It included homes whole personality and health. It's abilities and even what it can do.

Sure, Home has told me a bunch of things from the real world.

The most jarring is when it told me how, To them, This is just a lost kids show.

Yet, Only i know about it. No, One else here, Until (y/n) appeared.

I click again and see a weird program.

It seems like you can connect to the real world and bring or take out someone. Currently, Only (y/n) is registered.

She... Can leave?

I found it? I found her escape?

Should i tell her? But home said it's not right....

It told me if anyone stepped out of like or knew, This whole world would break and we would all perish.

I shudder at the thought of loosing everything i ever known.

Putting the laptop back down under the floor boards. I get up and walk out.

"Home knows what's best..." I mutter as i walk into my room.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro