19. Planning

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(f/d) = favorite dish

"HE KISSED YOU?" I held the phone at arms length, Which still doesn't seem far enough.

Julie can be heard squealing like a highschool girl on the other end.

"I didn't know THE Wally Darling would ever kiss someone!" Julie shrieks and i laugh.

"Alright, Calm down. If I'm being honest, Me neither." I think back to our first kiss and my heart feels like it stopped beating.

"How was it?"

"Everything they describe in books.." I say as i relive that night in my memory.

"How amazing." She says with a dreamy sigh. Then i hear a few shuffles from julies side.

"About Wally's birthday party," She starts.

"I was thinking about having it near the forest. There's this small clearing near howdy's store. We can decorate it and make Wally's favorite foods."

"Apples, Apple's and more Apple's."

She giggles when she hears me.

"We'll have his favorite records on. I'm planning on setting a dance floor. The best part, howdy said we could have a firework show!" Julie is practically bouncing in her seat.

"Sounds like fun. What do you need me to do?" I ask, My mind on wally.

"Poppy and sally are in charge of the food. Howdy and Barnaby are in charge of fireworks. Frank, me and Eddie are in charge of setting everything up. What we need now is someone to distract wally when we start preparing. Can you do that?"

"Of course. When do you plan to start?"

"We'll need to have almost the whole day tomorrow. So, Wally needs to arrive around 7 in the evening." I agree and soon i hang up.

Wally's birthday, I wonder why he never talks about it. Then again, I never asked.

I get up and walk towards my bathroom. Freshening up and clear my thoughts.

~

"Huh...." I mutter as i look through my dresser.

Something seemed off about my clothes. Sure, They are still colorful but some items were missing. Were they always gone to begin with?

I shrug and pick out a lavender sundress with a bow on the back. The sleeves were slightly puffed.

"Not what i normally wear but..." I pull it on. Feeling the cool fabric on my skin.

"Wouldn't hurt to change my style sometimes."

Putting on my black Mary Janes, I let my hair be down. It seems like wally really like my hair down as well.

I was spraying perfume on myself when I hear a knock on the door. My heart leaps as i know it's wally picking me up.

I speed walk to the door, Opening it and seeing wally standing there. His hair was styled back into a pompadour.

"Hello, Neighbor." He says with a teasing smile.

"I don't think, We can ever go back to just neighbors. " I mutter and he leans against the side of the doorway. Looking like a heartbreaker.

"No, I don't think we can. Not that i would ever want that." He says with a knowing smile.

"About lunch," I start. He looks at me interested.

"Why not let me make something for you instead?"

He thinks for a moment then nods, I move to the side. Inviting him inside my home.

He walks towards the kitchen and i close the door.

Sitting near the dining room table, He looks around like a curious child.

"Anything you make, I'll love." He says.

I blush and then begin to make a simple dish. My favorite actually.

Once i was finished, I set up the table.

Wally stares at the dish with interest.

"I've never seen anything like this before." He says as he looks up at me.

"It's (f/d). I make it all the time back in my world. It's simple but pretty filling." I sit down across from him and watch him blink away a small bit.

I watch him closely.

"I'm impressed... I like it." He says as he takes a few more bites. I sigh in relief and eat my portion. Happy that he enjoys my cooking.

"You look absolutely breathtaking today." He elbow was on the table as his hand held his head. Holding a dreamy look in his eyes.

"I'm trying out a new style." I admit and he nods.

"Anything you wear, Whether that's a dress or pj's. Or pants. You take my breath away everytime." He whispers and my heart beats faster.

"You're the absolute most." I say to him and now he blushes at my words.

I look at the watch around my wrist.

"I need to see Eddie soon." I say and wally sigh.

"Right."

I pick up the dishes and wash them quickly. Meanwhile, Wally hums a soft tune.

"Hey, I have a question."

He looks at me and motions to continue.

"When's your birthday?" I ask and he freezes.

"Um, Well..." He looks away.

"Does it matter? I don't really like celebrating it."

"Why's that?" I set the dishes away to dry.

"Why would I celebrate a birthday that was never given to me?" He asks and i freeze.

"Given?"

"One day, I found myself self aware. Staring back at myself in a mirror. I was a puppet when everyone else was a human. When was i born? Was i ever born?" He mutters.

My heart sinks as i process his words.

"The neighbors all made up their birthdays. Including mines, Every year around this time. I tell them i don't like celebrating. They insist on giving me at least a cake every year... But i never truly felt excitement for it." He looks over at me. He looked lost and alone.

I walk towards him, Holding his face in my hands.

His lips parted slightly, Wondering what i was doing.

"Even if, It was never given to you. It's not a bad thing to have a day to celebrate you exist." I whisper.

"I thank the stars everyday that you do." I admit and he smiles at me. His eyes shining with something i can't quite place.

"Maybe, You're right." He whispers back.

He leans in and kisses my nose. Making my brain short circuit.

"And i thank whatever god that exists, That you exist and found your way to me." His voice smooth as he said that to me.

I step back and cough, Trying to keep my composure.

"Let's get going before you make me forget my own name." I start walking towards the door and wally walks closely behind me.

"Then, I'll say it a million times for you."

~

Walking close to Eddie's post office. Wally takes my hand gently in his. I actually never been to his post office before so seeing it was a pleasant adventure.

It wasn't small but not that huge either.

Walking inside, Eddie can be seen behind the counter holding a few boxes. It was extremely organized in here.

"Hello, (y/n)! I'm so glad you could make it!" He looks over and sees wally staring at him.

"O-oh! Wally! What a pleasant surprise!" Eddie starts to sweat a little because of Wally's intense stare.

I jab Wally's side with my elbow. He jumps slightly and clears his throat.

"R-right. Hello." Wally says simply and I arch an eyebrow at him.

You're acting weird.

"Wally was just walking me here." I turn and look at wally.

"Thank you. I can handle it from here." I smile at him and he frowns slightly. Almost like he didn't want to leave.

"Alright. I'll see you around alright." He says and tells me goodbye. Walking out and i hear Eddie sigh in relief.

"I love wally..... But he can be too intense sometimes." He admits and i laugh.

"Tell me about it. Sometimes, I just wanna dump a few apples Infront of him to distract him" I walk towards the counter and Eddie chuckles.

"I've asked you to be here because...." He looked embarrassed.

"I need help with gift giving. Howdy told me you're pretty good at it." He mutters.

"Alright, Who is the gift for?" I ask and he turns red.

"Well, you see, actually...... It's a little..." He starts to mumble and i sigh.

"Is it for Frank?" I ask and he looks at me astonished.

"Y-yes! But how did you know?" He asks and i chuckle.

Wait, How do i know?

Something tells me i always knew but i can't seem to remember how.

"Lucky guess." I say back and he smiles.

"I'm a total mess..." He admits and i smile.

"Me too, Wally can make my brain short circuit with just one look."

"I think he does that to everyone."

Now it was my turn to laugh. Wiping a tear away, I think for a moment.

"What's the occasion?" I ask. He looks away.

"I want to ask him out on a proper date....." He says quickly and i smile wide.

"That's amazing! Alright, let's starts simple. He loves books and butterflies. So, Why not get him a few books you think he'll love. Something extra can be taking him to a place where there's lots of butterflies." I suggest and his eyes brighten.

"That sounds amazing! I'll do that! Thank you (y/n)!" He pulls me in a big hug and i laugh. He lets go and i walk towards the front door.

"Tell me how it goes." I tell him as i leave the post office. He nods and starts to pack up to close for the day.

I turn and walk towards my home but stop for a second, Remembering an issue i haven't solved yet.

How am I supposed to keep wally away from everyone tomorrow?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro