21: Wally's Birthday

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Walking into the living room, I see wally sitting on the couch. Flipping through the channels on my box tv, He settles on an old romantic movie and i sit down beside him. He looks down at the box with curious eyes.

"I know.... You don't think you deserve to celebrate a birthday you were never given but i believe you deserve to look special on a day like this..." I speak softly to him and hand him the box. He hesitates but takes the box and sets it down on his lap.

"Nice wrapping." He chuckles and i blush.

He pulls the ribbon making it go undone. Setting that aside, He opens the box and takes out his gift.

A dark green coat with matching pants. The coat has little apples on the sleeves. Some red dress shoes and a simple light red button up shirt.

His eyes glowed in happiness.

"It's wonderful.... Apples huh?" he says And i burst out laughing.

"It's silly. I know, But can you blame me. Besides...." i turn pink.

"You look handsome in anything you wear.." He blushes at me.

"Go put it on!" I shoo him off the couch and he gets up, Walking towards the bathroom.

Soon he comes out in his new clothes and my heart stops beating.

"How do you look good in anything?" I say breathless. He looks over at me with a small smile.

"You didn't have to do this..." He says and i get up. Walking to him. I hold his face in my hands and i look into his deep eyes.

"You deserve this and more, My darling" His eyes widen. He looked speechless.

"(Y/n), I think...... I lo-"

The clock in my living room chimes loud and we both jump.

"That's strange, It never rings...." I mumble and wally clears his throat.

"Thank you." Wally says and we step apart from eachother. Yet, I couldn't help but think he wanted to say more.

~

"It's evening already..." I mumble as i look at wally.

He's currently playing some of my records and saying how he doesn't have the majority of the ones i have.

My phone rings and i excuse myself as i go pick it up.

"Hello?"

"It's Julie! The party is all set up. We'll be waiting for you guys in the small opening in the woods near howdy's store." Julie says and i tell her we'll be right there before hanging up.

Walking back to wally, I stop the record that's playing.

"Let's go for a walk." I suggest and he smiles at me.

"Alright, Whatever you wish my love." He says and we walk out of my house.

I take his hand this time and he looks surprised.

"Have you always been into art?" I ask trying to act casual.

"I believe so. It's always been something that soothes me. Escaping my current life for another...." He explains and i nod.

"That's how i feel about books and art as well." I mumble as i lead him near howdy's store.

"Where are we going?" He asks as we come closer to the clearing of the woods.

"You'll see."

We continue to walk past some trees until i see colorful balloons. Everyone seems to be hiding. I step aside and let wally walk further in.

"Surprise!!!" Everyone jumps out from their hiding places and Barnaby throws some confetti on wally.

"What the-"

I start to giggle at Wally's reaction.

The place was nicely decorated with balloons and streamers of every color. Tables set up with many different foods and even a huge cake with paint brush details drawn on top.

A red shiny dance floor in the middle and there was lanterns everywhere that illuminated the spot.

Is that a piñata shaped as an apple?

"Happy birthday wally!" Julie spins and i look at her new yellow dress with frills.

Damn, Why didn't i wear something special...

"This... Is all for me?" Wally looks around in awe and i walk up next to him.

"It was all Julie's idea." Frank says as he stares at the butterflies in the bushes.

"You can tell who did what." I giggled as wally was still speechless.

"T-thank you... I never thought you guys would do something like this for me." He says and Barnaby pats him on the back.

"You're our neighbor and our friend. Of course we would do this for you." He says and wally looks up at him.

Pain and guilt flashes in his eyes but it was gone as quick as it came. I look at him with concern but Julie comes in.

"Let's dance!" She pulls me and i found myself dancing next to Julie and Sally on the dance floor.

Every now and then i would look over at wally smiling and laughing.

Howdy was currently giving him a basket of apples and telling him to stop taking them at his store when he's not looking.

The night went on, Opening presents and bursting open the piñata (Barnaby ate almost all the candy) felt like it all happened so quick.

I haven't spoken a word to wally all night but i didn't mind. He looked less lonely with everyone around him and he was having a nice time. Everyone seems like they missed him.

"You're drooling." Barnaby teases and i glare at him.

"I am not. I'm just happy to see him enjoy the party." I say and he scoffs.

"Everyone sees how you look at him not that it's a bad thing. I never seen my best friend so happy. I'm glad you're here for him." He admits and guilt starts to consume me.

I been so eager to leave this place, I haven't noticed the connections I've made.

Especially, The one with wally.

Do i even want to go back?

But... What would i go back to?

I can't seem to remember my own city's name....

Panic starts to rush through me but Barnaby pats me on the back making me loose my train of thought.

"It's time for the fireworks! I'll be right back." He leaves and i try to calm down.

The music kept playing softly and i noticed it was a romantic song.

"Have room for one more dance?"

I look over and see wally standing there with his hand out.

"Always for you." My words leave my mouth before i could process them. He takes my hand and we walk to the middle of the dance floor.

His hand goes around my waist as the other holds my hand.

"Are you enjoying everything?" I ask and he nods.

"I haven't been with everyone like this in a long time." He admits.

"I'm glad you're enjoying it..." He looks at me.

"It wouldn't be possible if you weren't here...." He says and i raise an eyebrow.

"It was all juli-" i start and he shakes his head.

"She knew i would arrive if you helped. Otherwise....." He hesitates.

"Otherwise, I would be stuck at home.."

"Oh, wally." I whisper as my face goes near his.

"Your lonely days are over, I promise." Yet, A strange feeling was in my stomach when he told me that. Did home make him stay inside for the majority of the time?

The sound of fireworks interrupts our conversation wally looks up.

"Wow..." He says as his eyes brightened.

I look at his face. The colors of the fireworks illuminated him. For the first time in forever, He looked truly happy.

"Happy birthday, My darling." I whisper and he looks back at me.

The song plays on as we sway to the beat.

The fireworks bursting over us and he leans in.

"It is now that youre in my life, (y/n)." He whispers.

His hand goes up and holds my face. My eyes flutter as he leans in and his lips touch mines.

"You're everything i have wished for." He whispers as he kisses me under the fireworks and i close my eyes as i lean into him.

Even if we are in the middle of the dance floor, To me, I was in heaven again.

His lips soft against mine, Moving slowly and sweetly. Savoring every moment.

My hands go around his neck and i pull him closer. Wanting to stay in this moment forever.

Kissing wally made every part of my body come alive. Electricity flying between us and he smiles into the kiss, Making my heart skip a beat.

A whistle breaks us apart and we look over. Everyone was looking over at us with cheeky smiles.

"Oh, My heaven." Poppy says and Julie giggles.

"Get a room next time." Frank says and Eddie shakes his head while smiling.

Me and wally blush as we step away from each other.

"Now," Wally begins to speak and looks over at me, His cheeks pink.

"It's the best birthday ever." He whispers and i turn red as he gives me a wink.

He holds out his hand and we walk back to the group and poppy speaks up.

"Now, Who wants cake?"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro