27: Flower Crown

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(TW: Mention of physical abuse)

I stare at my hands with a blank
expression. After the punishment home gave me, I've been sitting on the floor in my spare room with my knees up to my chest. Everything felt painful and fresh. I look down and a dark bruise can be seen forming around my ankles and wrists.

I bite my lip as I try to steady my breathing. Home left as soon as they were finished with me.

Even if I wanted to retaliate... Wally will suffer the consequences and I can't live with myself if he endures any more of it. I think about everything he has told me.... He's so broken down. I'm surprised he can still have a bright smile through it all.

If only I knew before hand..... No wonder he didn't want me in that room.

Looking around my own spare room, I realize something.

"The rooms are made for punishments. To be left in here for days if I do anything worse.... Just like wally.." My voice cracks at saying his name. He suffered so much and now I'll have to experience it first hand. Tears flow down my face as my heart feels trapped but somehow, I wasn't thinking about myself.

I can only think about wally.

I wipe the tears away in anger. Crying won't solve anything. Getting up was painful but once I stood on my two feet, I bring my head up and breath in.

"We can make it through..." I tell myself like a promise.

Walking out of the room and shutting the door, I go into my regular bedroom and begin to get dressed. Finding suitable clothing that will cover up the bruises.

I slipped on a red long sleeved dress that ended above my knees. It has simple white lace detailing around the hem and neckline. Adding white knee length socks and putting on my classic white shoes.

Staring back at the person at myself in the mirror. I sigh heavily, looking lost.

"This won't be forever..." I mutter as I pull my hair up in a (h/l) updo. Glancing down at the ring I never take off.

A knock brings me out of my thoughts. I was about to get up but the door opened by itself and I can hear wally's voice.

You no longer have to open doors much. Isn't that great?

Homes voice echoes through my room and the color drains from my face as I hear their voice. Getting up, I make my way to the living room and see wally looking around surprised.

"W-was that home?" He looked confused.

"Apparently, This house is an extension of them..... So... Now, Home is-"

For both of you. Isn't that nice.

Home interrupts and wally's eyes widen, Looking into mine and I seem to understand what he's trying to say without saying it.

He wants to know if home has hurt me.....

I wanted to say yes but I can feel homes presence suffocating me slightly. Knowing wally will get hurt if I speak the truth, I muster up a smile.

"It's lovely. Now I won't feel so lonely. After all, Home wants me to fully settle into this world." I say with enough sweetness.

Wally eyes flashed with uncertainty but shakes his head.

"O-oh. Alright. I'm glad home is treating you well." He smiles softly and extends his hand towards me.

"Would you like to take a walk, My dear?" He suggests sweetly and I nod. Taking his warm hand in mine.

We walk towards the open door and we both mutter our goodbyes to home.

The walk was quiet until Wally spoke up.

"Are you lying?" He asked and I look at him.

"About home?" I don't look at him. Trying not to give anything away.

"You can tell me." He stopped walking. Standing infront of me, His eyes filled with worry.

"You said home wouldn't hurt anyone." I repeated his own words.

He looked conflicted with his own thoughts. He opens his mouth but hesitates. I intertwine my fingers with his and give him a soft smile.

"There's nothing to worry about. Don't go worrying your pretty little head about it." I tease him and a corner of his mouth twitches up.

"I should be saying that to you." He mutters and I smile at him. His gaze goes from my eyes to the rest of my body. His eyes lighting up and I blush.

"Your beauty never cease to amaze me." He kisses my forehead and my heart beats faster.

He pulls my hand softly as he begins to walk. The day was partly cloudy so the sun kept hiding behind the clouds. Wally started rambling about how different Apple's can taste and how to find the perfect one until I stop and pull his arm.

Towards the forest, I see Eddie and frank under a random tree. They were surrounded in books and a basket was next to them.

"They tend to see flowers differently than us. Their colors being more tense. Maybe even some we never seen before..." Frank speaks as he points into the book he was holding.

Wally stands beside me and watches with a small smile.

"Though, I'm sure this bores you..." Frank mutters and Eddie smiles brightly at him.

"Are you kidding? This is interesting! Can you tell me how they get the colors on their wings?" Eddie genuinely looks engrossed and franks eyes widen in surprise.

"Y-Yes! It's in this book!" He picks up a red book and turns the pages. His eyes brighten and he begins to read to Eddie. Their heads close together and Eddie sometimes glances at frank with loving eyes.

Wally looks at me with knowing eyes and I giggle as I tug him and we walk the opposite way.

"I have a question for you." Wally speaks up as we walk past a few trees.

"Which is?"

"The annual Field day is coming soon and I was wondering if you'd like to be my partner in the activities." Wally sits under a tree that was surrounded with flowers.

"Annual field day?" I ask and sit beside him. Watching him pick flowers, He looked lost in thought.

"Uh, Yeah. We have activities like the baking contest. Poppy wins every year. I don't know if they added more yet. I haven't gone in a few years now but I do know they have games where you win prizes." He looks at me then back at his hands. He somehow picked a lot of flowers and I take them from him as I start to weave them together.

"Sounds interesting..."

"It's wonderful. There's even some carnival rides." Wally looks up at the sky. He looked like a dreamer and I couldn't help but smile.

I look down at my hands and finish what I was making. Wally looks down with curiosity.

"What is that?"

I pick it up and admire it.

"A flower crown." I set it on his head and his eyes look up surprised. The crown sat around his pompadour and his eyes shined.

"I would love to go with you. " I whisper to him and he looks back at me with happiness, His forehead pressed against mine as he looks into my eyes. They looked full of life and I knew I had to protect it.

"It's a date then, My sweet (Y/n)." He whispers back.

(Question, Would you guys like if I wrote a story about priest wally? It would be written after this one ends.)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro