ना जिया ज़िन्दगी एक पल भी 

तुझसे होके जुदा सुन ज़रा 

बिन तेरे मुझसे नाराज़ था दिल 

तू मिला है तो कह रहा 

मैं तो तेरे रंग में रंग चूका हूँ 

बस तेरा बन चूका हूँ 

मेरा मुझमें कुछ नहीं सब तेरा

Author's POV

"Your one and only" he winked at her, tightening his hold on her.

"Are you really him?" she asked, shocked at this newfound information.

"If you don't want me to talk about your embarrassing deed of singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on stage and dedicating the effort to me then shut up and believe that I am your door prince" he teased while she laughed and said, "I did wonder back then what you are."

He chuckled at her because he knew she wasn't even a bit embarrassed about it. Girls dedicated the cheesiest of songs to their boyfriends on stage at the masquerade party while she sang the rhyme looking for him in the crowd.

"I still can't believe you came" she whispered looking into his eyes. She thought whatever it was, was over between them when they parted not knowing his every vow to her mattered more than life to him.

"I bet you thought I wouldn't" he smirked.

"People don't generally keep their promises when it comes to me," she said as if stating a fact. Her father had promised never to leave her side but destiny did snatch him away. He left her alone. Her mother promised to give her the love of both her parents but she didn't know when they grew so apart that she now missed her mother as well. The cousin she shared her childhood with suddenly wanted to be in her place. After all this, she didn't trust a man she fell for without even seeing his face to keep the promise of making her his.

"They don't love you the way I do," he said, kissing her forehead, making a soft smile grace her lips.

"We were strangers back then," she said, knowing they were anything but strangers. Strangers are people who don't know each other but they read each other despite the partition of wood separating them. None of them tried crossing it. They didn't see their bond, they felt it.

"Says the girl who bunked lectures to bake me an all-the-best cake when she didn't even know how to plug the oven. Very strangerly thing," he taunted, hearing her lame comment.

"Once a jerk, always a jerk" She smacked his arm making him smile. He missed these antics of hers for the last four years.

"Your jerk. I told you it would be me marrying you when I am worthy enough of holding your hand" he said reminding her of his vow.

She rolled her eyes and said, "You were already a prince back then, which I know now"

"Not enough to make you proud of me. I wanted to make you Abhijay's queen more than Udaipur's princess," he said while she couldn't help but be proud of his identity, his caring self, and his will to cherish her. He owned his independent empire.

Her mind wandered back to the day he made this vow to her.

Just like every other day for the past two years, she sat on one side of the closed door of an abandoned classroom at her university. Unlike other girls, she didn't care if the cold floor spoiled her black Anarkali suit. All her senses were focused on the man sitting on the other side of the door waiting for her to reply to his question.

"What if I say no?" she asked.

"Then also you will have to marry me only," Abhijay said from the other side of the door, smiling at her teasing tone. He knew it wasn't only him smitten by her. She never confessed nor did he, but their love didn't need words.

"Aise kaise (How?)" she asked, revolting.

"I will kidnap you, take you to my villa in Italy, and make love to you until you agree to marry me," he threatened. He was narrating the plot from one of the romance novels she read recently and ranted about it to him for hours with a twist of devouring her mercilessly. She said she wanted to be kidnapped by Dante from my favorite kidnapper while he fumed, saying if anyone was sweeping her off her feet, it would be him. She laughed and said, "Mr. Door Prince, I know I have never seen you, but just so you know it. Itni achi shakal bhi nahi hai tumhari ki main Khushi se kidnap ho jau aur tum mujhe apna bana lo (You don't even have such a good appearance that I would willingly get kidnapped and you make me yours.)"

"Vaise jis pal se maine tumhe dekha hai tum meri hi ho. Anyway, I swear you missed the world's most beautiful sight by not seeing me (You have been mine since the moment I saw you)" he said cockily.

"Yes, yes, I gladly admit I live under the rock, Mr. College heartthrob," she admitted. She didn't even know his name, nor had she ever seen him while he knew everything about her. This fact, however, didn't seem to disturb her crazy self.

"No! You live under the insane influence of strokes of brushes. The ones you aren't able to part from even for the sake of your mother's shitty choice of making you take business management. I swear even the trees of the college garden who have witnessed your love for painting would agree with me." he shook his head. He had seen her doing nothing but walking inside the lectures of Arts students on the other side of campus to learn what her mother didn't allow her to pursue. Art!

She passed her business management exams only by studying two hours before the exams while he had been his tutor, frequently sharing his notes with her. If there was any biggest supporter of her to follow her heart, it was him. He knew Art didn't live in her; she lived in art. From the day his eyes fell on her when she was a new admission to the course, he knew he had found his match. On her first day of college, she was holding the collar of a student trying to bully a girl. She had thrown ketchup all over his face, making him do sit-ups for raising his voice at her. The girl thanked her, but she, despite doing it for her, told her bluntly that she wasn't interested in her woes. She was only avenging her own insult which took place after she dipped the guy in ketchup. She hated being the good guy. She was his junior but heart doesn't care.

"Not everyone is talented enough to become an artist," she said, smiling sadly.

"Don't provoke me to fuck you in your sleep. My girl was born talented. State otherwise once again only if you don't want to keep running around the university. Once I am done with you, I am sure you won't be able to get out of bed for a week," he smirked. He hated when she undermined herself just because everyone else did. She won the inter-university art competition recently and the complete arts department hated her guts. No one dared to say a thing to her, but she could read the contempt. He knew how her mother came to the dean herself to warn him to keep her away from the Arts block. He knew her mean words did impact her confidence, though she didn't let others know.

"Should I start wearing lingerie instead of night suits then?" she tempted him, smiling, keeping a hand on her mouth. His heavy breathing from the other side of the door made her giggle. He couldn't help but imagine her in sexy red lingerie all ready to give him what he had been desiring since forever. Her bare legs, her round...

He abruptly halted his unholy thoughts as he said, "I wish that night I had the key to the storeroom. I would have rescued you instantly instead of sitting outside a shitty door giving you company. I would have never sworn to stay on the other side of the door until I am ready to devote myself to you, knowing once you spell my name I would lose whatever control I have"

"I wouldn't want to change a thing between us because that night gave me a silver lining in my cloud of annoying life in the form of you. I am dying to meet you, but I would rather prefer being called yours the day I see you in person," she said. One of the reasons behind not meeting her was that she craved permanency, and he didn't want to offer her a temporary tag of a boyfriend. She deserved everything exquisite. Just what her heart demanded. He would be her forever because that's what she desired. He won't give her an incomplete proposal.

"This wait is killing me as well. It would take me years to accomplish my dream and get back to you," he said, leaning his head on the door.

"I am not interested in marriage anyways–" she was saying when he cut her off, "Excuse me! I want 11 kids, all with my surname. There is no way their mother isn't my wife before that"

She burst out laughing, hearing him wondering how she even fell for his insane self.

"As of now. You don't even let me complete the sentence. By the way, 11 kids? In your dreams," she rolled her eyes.

"Let's not go towards my dreams. I might just split open this door and take you right now for not listening to me," he said, clenching his fists. Only he knew how he was controlling his urge to be filled with her essence.

"When are you leaving?" she asked, knowing whatever it was between them was coming to an end. She had never seen him. She was foolish enough to invest her heart in a relationship that lacked a proper foundation. He had seen her, but no man waited for a woman who didn't even know a thing about his existence. Men don't get back to women who cross seas to find them and he would return to a woman whom he was maybe attracted to? 0.01% chance.  He would find better women overseas.

"Tomorrow. Just wait for me. I promise it would be me marrying you at the altar even if I had to turn hell upside down," he promised while she only hummed, sighing. He knew after what she had gone through, she would trust him only the day he came back to her. Yet he tried assuring her in the best way possible.

"I would make you kiss me in front of all the guests in the engagement for not believing me right now. Come on, let me feel you," he said and turned to face the door. He kept his lips on his side of the door while she reciprocated the incomplete kiss on the other side of the door.

"I have a surprise for you kept in your locker" she muttered knowing it was the watch he brought for him for the day she finally met him but now it was her goodbye gift.

"I won't give you a goodbye gift. I am your gift that will return to you and be your most precious asset" he said while she laughed amidst all the seriousness and said, "Fuck your arrogant self"

"The night I do fuck you, you would lose your sassy voice while screaming my name"

His words managed to make her blush. The only man that had that power over her. They both smiled sadly and quietly parted.

They both cried tears of parting that day, knowing they held a part of each other that none would be able to steal. He never even tried to contact her after leaving, not like they shared phone calls as they depended on letters they kept in each other's lockers, bags, and notebooks. She thought he didn't want her anymore. While he knew he would melt the moment he heard her voice, rushing back to her leaving everything behind. Their love was unique as the girl never saw the boy yet was crazy for him. The boy knew the girl but never revealed himself to her yet was committed to her firmly. They talked but their eyes never met, they romanced but their skins never touched, they brought flowers and cakes but never shared dates, they fell hard and deep but never declared it aloud. He protected her like a shield all her college life while she became his strength to pursue his dreams every time he fell.

She was inside the classroom while he was outside the door but the one who exited first was her because he never could walk away from her. He stood there with closed eyes feeling her crossing him to march away to attend her lectures. She felt his presence but never stopped to admire him like her heart itched to do. They both respected the line they created knowing they would meet only to commit promises of a lifetime because right now they both weren't ready for marriage. Shivanshi wanted stability. He wanted to offer her that on a golden platter by becoming something in life. They knew they would never be able to part away if they saw each other.

As time passed things changed. While she locked him in a part of her past, he counted every minute spent in her absence to make her his present.

"You did fulfill your promise," she said, smiling in his arms. He made her kiss him in front of the entire crowd in the engagement. She couldn't recognize him because she never knew his identity nor had she ever seen him. His voice grew more husky and manly with time letting her cherish his remembrances but never enough for her to know it was him who had her heart in the past.

"I intend to keep many more of them. Though we'd have to wait a few days more for you to finally be dripping wet for me as I unravel you completely" he said, making her breath hitch.

"Just how eager are you to get into my pants," she said, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Eager enough to wait until you demand to be at my mercy," he smirked while she couldn't help but gape at him. He pecked her parted lips, making her come out of her shock zone.

"Eyes close S-gang! Yeh picture 16+ hai" The elder guy among the gang yelled, keeping a hand in front of the girl he had a crush on. His yell brought Shivanshi and Abhijay out of their trance making her try to step back while he wouldn't let her go. Instead of leaving her he rolled his eyes and ordered his guards, "Drop the kids home safely. Let me re-install the windows and then they can show their talent again"

The kids laughed sitting merrily in his SUV, making Shivanshi shake her head at his moves.

"What? You thought I would be annoyed with your little tricks?--"

"Darling, choke him to death and this idiot would ask if your wrists hurt while doing so," His mother's voice said from behind while she quickly detached herself from him. She looked at her, amused, knowing her mother-in-law knew their love story. The elder woman came forward and hugged her tightly. Then she dragged her inside to feed her lunch, saying, "You must be tired after playing cricket under the scorching sun. Why couldn't you play at night when it's cool outside? Silly girl!"

Shivanshi beat her forehead knowing she was going to get married in a family full of crazy people. Seeing them caring more about her than the assets she damaged, her eyes grew teary. She was glad to be a part of them. Meenakshi made her sit at the dining table. Servants started serving food. While eating and chatting with Meenakshi ignoring the hand roaming on her thigh sneakily she heard her mother-in-law say,

"See that painting above the chest of drawers looks mesmerizing. I buy a piece of love from every exhibition of this artist. No matter the place my son gets me the best representation of her art every damn time"

Shivanshi's eyes fell on the painting and she choked on her food making the mother-son duo smirk. While rubbing her back Abhijay said, "Yes Mom. I have never seen a talent like hers. If after Anshi there's a legend born then it's her. Even the name signed at the edge is unique, the royal rebel. Right shivanshi?"

She struggled to get hold of her breath while sipping water slowly. She pinched his arm making him yelp.

"If you want to tease, find a better way. I know the looks you both are exchanging. The painter is actually a legend. After all Abhijay's girl is born talented" she winked making him speechless and turning the tables all of a sudden.

"Shivanshi I am so proud of you for achieving your dreams. I can't believe the renowned painter who is hidden from the world is going to be the star of my house. How did I get so lucky?" she said, caressing her face. Shivanshi immediately got up and hugged Meenakshi. Those words meant the world to her. Closed in her room all she did was paint, sleep, and repeat. She was out of home in her own world to find inspiration, create wonders that left people spellbound, and yet remain unemployed for everyone to satisfy her ego. Her mother wanted her to work and she would do anything but follow rules. Her every work gave her tons of money in return leading her to be a billionaire though she remained unemployed for her mother. For her mother, employment meant joining the family business or working at an office like Payal. To defy her she said she would remain unemployed in her dictionary and she did. Hence she became an unemployed billionaire. People thought she considered herself rich because of her mother and she let them assume.

Seeing Meenakshi's eyes shining proudly at her while her warm gestures, shivanshi couldn't help but feel like her yearning for a mother was finally satisfied. Abhijay watched the scene with a smile on his face. Samrat entered inside and said, "Doll, Hugs should be equally divided between mother and father. Not fair! Where's my share?"

She giggled and stepped back from Meenakshi to hug Samrat as well making Meenakshi mutter, "Jealous ass"

Abhijay chuckled and said to himself, "Hug whoever you want, I will see you at night"

He had made elaborate plans to meet her at night and have his share of fun with his to-be wife.

They had food peacefully like a happy family. After that Abhijay went to drop her to her car.

"Stay for the evening na, we will spend time together," Abhijay said holding her hand when she said, "Nope! Have some work to finish"

Instead of arguing he smashed his lips on hers taking her in a searing kiss. His one hand remained at her waist while the other went down to her hip. He caressed it sensually, pressing it, making her moan in his mouth. Their tongues fought battles of passion as they crazily found ways to expose more of each other. He sucked on her lower lip, stopping to caress her form for a minute making her whin. He smiled continuing to knead her while she lost the bits and pieces of rationality she owned, pulling him more into her. Their bodies were charged with consuming desire.

They parted breathless knowing the need for oxygen was going to be the biggest barrier in their love story.

"Stay," he insisted, panting. She merely rolled her eyes, took her hand from his grasp, and walked to the door of the car.

"My rebel. My royal rebel" he said to himself knowing she would never obey him in this life. She would never follow what others say.

She turned back while walking forward and gave him a flying kiss making him say, "Ye toh Jaan leke hi maanegi (She would be the death of me)"

He caught it and kept his hand on his heart, making her smile. They both were waiting for the two days to get over to belong to each other. Just like they had always wanted. He was eager to have her for himself, give her all the love present in the world, make her moan his name, and worship her for the rest of his life in ways she would never imagine. He excitedly picked up her phone at night but his smile turned to a frown as he heard her words, "I won't marry you, Jay"

Her serious tone was enough for him to know something was terribly wrong. She called him this nickname 'Jay' only when she was sharing something grave. The last he heard this nickname was when she was talking about her past. In the past, when her mother fell down the stairs Payal was trying to push shivanshi but by mistake, Gayathri got hurt in their brawl. Payal made it look like Shivanshi was trying to push her being the brat she is. Believing what her eyes saw Gayathri had blamed Shivanshi while Payal became the hero. The bearer. The victim. Soon this little misunderstanding blew out of proportion because her mother started to see Payal as an orphan she had to take under her wing while Shivanshi became a second daughter. The one that didn't matter. The one whose arguments became meaningless, the one who wasn't waited for before starting family meals because now her nature started to become troublesome for all of them though they knew she was the same since childhood. Payal was the daughter of Shaurya's younger brother who died with his wife in an accident. Shivanshi became the tormentor of Payal according to everyone that day because she tried to push Payal down the stairs while reality was the opposite. Slowly shivanshi faded and all that remained was Payal, her mean ways of making shivanshi feel abandoned while everyone was too blind to notice the truth. When she told all this to Abhijay that was the day he told her to call him 'Jay' whenever she felt like it. She used that name when pain seeped deep down her heart.

"Tell me what's wrong?" he asked.

"I won't marry you. That's it" she said and hung up. Was this the end for them because once she made up her mind no one could change it?

■■■■■■■

The flow of the story changed swiftly. Right?

Enjoyed the update?

Did I make you smile on a Sunday morning? 

Did I make it worth every minute you spent reading?

How was the update?

The best part?

Anything that annoyed you?

The best dialogue from this chapter?

The hottest part?

Abhijay's flirtatious side vs his romantic side? 

Blushing Shivanshi vs Sarcastic shivanshi?

The best dialogue from the entire story?

Now you know how Shivanshi is the unemployed billionaire...

Hi guys!

I don't know if I was thinking straight while writing this. I just wrote what my heart said. I hope it reached your heart the way I desired. 

A very happy Sunday to you guys and I hope I made it brighter. How are you guys doing? How did you spend your weekend/ how are you spending it? 

This story is now coming to an end. I hope you guys liked the twists and turns. Do you think they would get married? The next part of this tale might be the last one for this short story. I am open for trope suggestions for the next short story. I hope you are liking Shivanshi and Abhijay's tale. For early updates drop tons of inline comments and press the star button. Your support means the world to me. The acknowledgment of my efforts lies in your views about the chapter. 

Rate the update for me please:

1. 5 stars

2. 10 stars

3. 100 stars

Anything you wanna share about the story?

Anything you wanna say to your dear author?

Anything you wanna share about the way I write...all my works combined...

Which trope do you want next? Suggestion regarding plot ideas in personal messages *can't guarantee anything considering my twisted brain*

Please do share your feedback in the comments section. I am eagerly waiting for your response. 

Who is more love: Abhijay or Shivanshi?

Anything that confused you?

Ain't they different than any couple out there?

Would you have believed Abhijay's promises if you were in Shivanshi's place back then?

Would you like Abhijay would have been able to understand her state of mind?

He wooed her so many times in life *hehe*

Random question: Do you remember my birthdate? *wink*

Have a bootiful day ahead *haha*

To unlock the last part of 'HIS ROYAL REBEL' shower your love on this part. Give hundreds of comments and votes. 

Stay blessed

With love

Ms. Bhatia

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro