16.Am I dreaming??

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Author's POV

In the morning, around 8 a.m., Neil was seated in his office with DD. The strain on their faces clearly indicated the tension in the air. Breaking the silence, Neil blurted out, "Who could that girl be, DD? I can't believe my Avu could have hurt anyone!"

DD, deep in thought, responded after a pause, "Neil, we both saw it, so it can't be just a misunderstanding. It's possible that someone might have coerced Avni into doing something."

Neil's eyes widened with realization. "Yes, DD! You're right. It must be something like that. Otherwise, why would Avni do something like this? You're absolutely right!"

DD nodded, and after a brief pause, Neil continued, "DD, go to that place and investigate with John. Meanwhile, I'll check on my Avu..." His dreamy tone prompted DD to give him an incredulous look. After a few minutes, Neil remained lost in his thoughts while DD, exhausted by the silence, began clearing his throat. "Ahem... ahem," he said, which startled Neil.

"DD, if you're coughing, take some medicine. You're ruining my mood. Just go already," Neil said dismissively, prompting DD to leave in annoyance.

Neil was still lost in thoughts of his beloved when he was jolted by a knock on his cabin door. "Come in!" he called out firmly. The door opened, and his P.A. entered.

"Sir, we need to discuss Malhotra Sir's deal. He's willing to sign it, but he has one condition," the P.A. said. Neil began discussing the business matter.

A few hours later, in the reception area, a woman in her 20s, accompanied by two others, entered with an air of confidence. She asked, "Hello, where is Neil?"

The receptionist replied, "Ma'am, do you have an appointment?"

"I don't need an appointment to meet him. I know him. Just tell me where he is."

"Ma'am, what is your name?"

"You're no one to ask that. Just tell me where Neil is."

"Okay, ma'am, please wait a moment," the receptionist said, visibly nervous but trying to remain polite.

Neil, working at his desk, received a call from his receptionist.

"Sir, there's a woman here who wants to see you," Neha said.

"Who is it, Neha?" Neil asked, puzzled.

"Sir, she won't tell me her name. She insists she knows you very well."

"Alright, send her to the meeting room and let her wait. I'll be there in 15 minutes," Neil instructed. After ending the call, he continued his work but decided to check the CCTV footage of the conference room. Unable to see the woman's face clearly, he chose to head to the meeting room himself.

When he entered, he saw a woman sitting on the sofa with her back to him. He took his seat and began flipping through his files. "Yes, may I..." he started, but his words faltered as he recognized the person. His eyes widened in shock, and he fell silent. The woman sitting in front of him smirked at his reaction.

"What happened, Shehenshah? Surprised to see me? Oh, let me guess—it's shock, right?" she said, raising an eyebrow.

Neil was so overwhelmed with confusion and shock that he could only whisper, "Avni."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro