17.The Deal is On!!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Neil's POV

I was speechless. She is Avni, but she's not. I mean, she is my Avni, but at the same time, she isn't. 

As I wrestled with my inner turmoil, I heard her say, "Shehenshah, where have you been lost? I heard you're quite rude, arrogant, and egoistic. But right now, you seem to be completely out of it. Oh, and by the way, how do I know your real name? I'm also wondering about that."

She stood up and walked towards me with full confidence, circling around me as she spoke. "Let's get straight to the point, Shehenshah. I need your help. There's a specific purpose I need to fulfill, and for that, I need to set a trap. And you're the one who will help me with it. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself," she said, extending her hand towards me.

I eagerly awaited her introduction, and she said, "Arohi Pareikh."

I was taken aback. Arohi Pareikh—Avni's twin sister. The revelation both confused and delighted me. I was overjoyed, though I didn't show it. Arohi took her seat and continued, "Well, Shehenshah..."

When she called me "Shehenshah," I raised an eyebrow. My expression shifted back to my usual Neil Khanna demeanor. My soft side is reserved only for Avni, and no one else. Although Arohi's presence was shocking, it didn't stir the same feelings as Avni does. My heart could recognize Avni in any form; my mind might be deceived, but my heart never lies.

She's so sweet and charming. Her smile brightens my entire day. She doesn't even realize the effect her smile has on everyone around her. If others saw my Avni, they would...

Before I could delve further into my thoughts, Arohi interrupted, "Mr. Khanna, where are you lost? I've been calling you for a while."

I responded coolly, "Nothing much, Miss Pareikh. Please continue."

She continued, "Mr. Khanna, would it be alright if I call you Mr. Neil? You're not that old, and neither am I."

I nodded in agreement, and she went on, "I need your help for my company. I'm facing some issues with drug dealers who are getting everyone in the office addicted. I've searched but found no proof and can't identify who's responsible."

I asked, "Why not involve the police? Why me? What can I do?"

Before I could finish, she interjected, "Mr. Khanna, that's precisely why I'm here. I need you to listen first. The police are corrupt, and I heard you handled Sharma Ji's drug dealing case last time. I need your help this time."

"But what will I get in return? Don't forget, Miss Pareikh, I'm not a social worker or a savior who works without something in return."

"Well, Mr. Neil, I understand that in today's world, no one works without some form of interest. So, how much money do you want for this job?"

That was exactly what I wanted. I smirked, "Miss Pareikh, I don't need any money. I just want to make a deal. Once your work is done, I'll ask you for just one thing."

She looked puzzled and asked, "Mr. Neil, what do you want from me? What is that one thing?"

How could I tell her I was asking for the heartbeats of my Avni? "Miss Pareikh, don't worry. I'll tell you when the time is right."

She hesitated but eventually agreed, "Okay, I'll send you the details later."

I smirked and then headed back to my cabin, reflecting on the intriguing situation with Miss Pareikh—Arohi Pareikh, that is.

Avni's POV

Back at home, I was preparing coffee for Maa. I hadn't spent much time with her lately. I had just returned from my karate classes, which I hold three times a week—Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday—after college.

Though I don't learn karate myself, I teach it. My classes are free for those in need; I refuse to charge fees. Today, I made the effort to go despite Neela Maa's insistence that I stay home because Arohi Di had returned to India. I don't understand why, but she always seems to have a problem with me. She shouts at me, insults me, and I remember last time when she was here, she tried to slap me when I was going to the orphanage, only to be stopped by Neela Maa.

I had argued that if Maa was going, why couldn't I? But Arohi Di, in her stern manner, insisted I stay home. Initially, I wasn't even allowed to attend college, and Arohi Di wanted to hire a personal tutor for me. Fortunately, Neela Maa intervened.

I don't want to dwell on those days. I dread dealing with Hitler Di again. It's not that I hate her—I love her dearly. But I don't understand why she holds such animosity towards me. It feels as though everyone is leaving me—Ayesha Maa, Papa, and even Di.

I wiped my tears as I removed the poha from the oven. I heard footsteps approaching—it was none other than Arohi Di. Despite being just a few seconds older than me, she acts as if she's a college professor.

I entered Neela Maa's room with poha for myself and coffee for her. Arohi Di was sitting beside Maa, chatting with her. I greeted her with a sweet smile, "Hi Di, how are you? When did you arrive?"

She responded with a forced smile, "None of your business!"

I was hurt by her response and walked away, only to overhear her say, "Maa, don't say anything to me. I can't stand this girl."

I retreated to my room and sat by the window, talking to my panda. "Am I really that bad? I've never been harsh with anyone. So why..."

I couldn't finish my thought as tears continued to flow. I despise this emotional side of me. I wiped my tears roughly with the back of my hands and continued speaking to my panda.

"I wish you could talk, Panda. I don't understand why Di hates me so much. I've never been harsh with her, even though she's been harsh with me. Whenever she's here, she never interacts with me. Zaira Ji's elder sister loves her so much. Even when Zaira Ji was hurt, her sister scolded her gently with love. But my Di, she scolds me with anger and hatred."

"Panda, I wish you could speak... I need to talk. I can't stay silent any longer. I need to have this conversation."

I don't know when I fell asleep.

Author's POV

What Avni didn't realize was that two pairs of eyes were watching her—one filled with tears and hurt, and the other with tears and anger.

Phew, that's it for now. Can you guess who those pairs of eyes belong to?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro