22.She is my Life!!!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Next Morning...

Niel's POV

Phew... finally, all my files are checked. Let me tell you, I was up all night just going through these so-called "important" documents. They are important, but my mind is betraying me. I haven't seen her face for a whole day, and I miss her terribly. I was at the ice cream parlor the other day, capturing special moments in my heart:

Tu Nazm Nazm Sa Mere Hotho Pe Theher Ja
Main Khwaab Khwaab Sa Teri Aakhon Mein Jaagu Rey

These moments might be fleeting, but they're precious. I glanced at my mobile wallpaper—photos of her, captured secretly, all still in my gallery. I remember how her face lit up when she saw the sketch I made for her. I drew it with so much love, and it showed. It's been ages since I sketched anything, but for her, it felt right.

Tu Ishq Ishq sa Mere Rooh Mein Aake Bas Jaa
Jis Ore Teri Shehnaayi Uss Ore main Bhaagu Rey

Why didn't I meet her sooner? Just thinking about her makes my heart skip a beat. If you don't believe me, bring a stethoscope—I'm ready to prove it. I'd happily be her king, or even her servant, if that's what she wants. As I think of my cutie pie, my heart races. This feeling is so different, but it's positive. I love my family, but my love for her makes me a better person. I'm ready to leave everything behind if that's what she needs.

I won't let Miss Arohi Pareikh hurt her. I'm coming for you. As I was lost in these thoughts, my phone rang. It was DD. The call ended, and I rushed to my car, heading straight to my destination.

Avni's POV

I was being tortured by Neela Ma. She's making me drink beetroot juice—something I absolutely despise. "Maa, please give me ice cream instead, but don't force me to drink this juice!" I tried my best puppy-dog eyes, but her angry mode was on.

"Hey Maa Mataji, please stop this torture! I don't want it, no, no, noooo!" My dramatic plea was to no avail. Neela Ma is a force to be reckoned with, and she made me drink it. It stained my lips and clothes—now I'll have to change.

I plopped down on the sofa, feeling defeated. Just as I was about to get up, I felt a tight hug that startled me. Who is this? Neela Ma looked confused. When I tried to pull away, I realized it was Mr. Zain. What is he doing here, in my house, and touching me?

Before I could react, I saw Neela Ma nodding at him in acknowledgement. "How are you, bacchaa?" she asked, but he didn't reply, instead turning to me and cupping my face. Why is he crying? I felt his trembling hands wipe my lips with a kerchief, tears streaming from his eyes.

"What happened to me? Why is he...?" Before I could process, he laid me on the couch, forcing me to stay put. This was all too much. Everyone seemed to be in angry mode today, except for me.

I heard him speaking to Ma, "Neela Aunty, what happened to Avni? Please check her."

Ma responded, "Niel, beta, what happened to Avni?"

I was confused. "What the hell! When did I cough up blood?" I shouted, but then I saw Ma suppressing her laughter. We both ended up laughing uncontrollably, much to Mr. Zain's confusion.

Ma eventually managed to say between laughs, "Niel beta, it was just the juice."

I was laughing too, but then I realized Mr. Zain—sorry, Mr. Khanna—was still looking puzzled. Ma clarified, "Avni, you met him at the party. He's Mr. Khanna."

I was shocked. I had mistaken him for a worker and now, Ma would be upset if she found out. She's always praised Mr. Khanna, and I didn't show much interest.

I went to change and came back downstairs to see Ma and Mr. Khanna talking and smiling. Ma went to get snacks, and I sat opposite him. He was staring at me, and I cleared my throat to get his attention.

"How are you, Avni?" he asked with warmth.

"I'm fine. Um, Mr. Khanna, why did you lie about your identity?" I asked, curious. He looked down, scratching his neck nervously.

He finally said, "Actually, when we first met, I didn't want to come across as formal. I thought you'd be more open if you didn't know who I was. I just wanted to be friends."

I was stunned. A businessman lying to gain a friendship? It felt odd. He took my hand and said, "I'm really sorry if I caused you trouble. I just wanted a friend. If you don't want to be, that's okay."

I couldn't help but hug him tightly. He was surprised but then embraced me. When we pulled back, I saw a joyful expression on his face.

"Mr. Khanna, I would never lose such a friend in my life!" I said, feeling genuinely content.

He thanked me and hugged me again, whispering, "Well, I am Niel for you and only yours." I heard him, and it left me wondering.

"Okay, Niel... so, friends?" I asked, extending my hand for a shake. He took it with a charming smile. "Friends."

I noticed Neela Ma still wasn't back. I saw Niel busy texting, so I took the opportunity to find Ma in the kitchen, smirking at me.

"Lag jaa gale ke fir ye hasi raat ho na ho," she sang, still smirking.

"Ma, he's Mr. Khanna! Please stop singing that song—it's still evening!" I rolled my eyes. Ma just loves teasing me. I grabbed the snacks and left, eager to avoid her teasing.

---------------

I hop you all like it?

Amor 

Seem

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro