46 A Bitter-Sweet Truth

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Neela's POV

It's been two weeks since the incident. Bachaa's shoulder is much better now, though the bruise hasn't completely healed. Arohi, on the other hand, has fully recovered.

Avu always took longer to heal than other kids. She has always endured lingering pain that never leaves her as quickly as it should. This resilience has made her stronger and happier; she never takes anything too much to heart, whether it's harsh words or painful wounds. That's why I care for her more than Arohi.

Speaking of Arohi and Daniel, they're dating and seem quite in love, at least from Arohi's perspective. I often see her looking at him fondly, but I rarely see him return that same level of adoration. It worries me a lot.

I was on my way back from the pharmacy, having bought some medicine for Bachaa. I never imagined leaving them alone for just a few minutes would lead to such chaos.

As I entered my room, I saw white feathers everywhere, with pillow covers strewn across the floor and bed. Neil was sprawled on the bed, with Avni and Arohi on top of him, wielding giant pillows.

"Ouch!" I heard Bachaa whimper. I rushed to hold her, but she fell onto a concerned Neil before I could reach her.

"Avi, what happened?" Neil asked gently, lifting her to look at her face.

I moved around the bed and grabbed Arohi's hand to drag her out of the room. I don't understand why she has such a problem with Neil's closeness to Bachaa. She can't see his undying love for Bachaa because of her overprotectiveness.

She tugged at my hand, trying to break free, but I gave her a stern look and led her out of the room, hoping Avi would forgive Neil.

Sighing, I stood in the kitchen, boiling milk to make tea.

"Maa, why can't you see that idiot is obsessed with our Avu? He can go to any extent to get her, even if it means taking someone's life! Why can't you see his madness?"

Glaring at her, I scowled, "Why can't you understand, Arohi? The love and fondness in his eyes for Bachaa, why can't you see that adoration? Okay, leave them for now. Tell me about you. You love Daniel, right? Does he love you?"

"Maa, that's a stupid question. Of course, he loves me—"

"How can you be so sure?" Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Maa, I just know that he loves me?!" Her voice wavered, more a question than a statement.

I handed her my phone. "Call him and ask him right now if he loves you or if he's just pretending."

"Maa, but—" I gave her a stern look, and she reluctantly dialed his number. As soon as he answered, she put it on speaker.

"Hello? Who is this?" I saw a flicker of hurt cross her face, and I pressed my hand over hers.

"You didn't save my number yet, Dan?"

"Oh, Arohi, it's you. I forgot to save it. I was caught up with some work."

"Do you love me, Dan?" She asked quickly, staring out the kitchen window.

"Arohi, why are you asking this suddenly? I really didn't have time to save your number. I swear I didn't mean to—"

"Just answer me, Daniel. Do you love me?" When he didn't respond, she continued, tears escaping her eyes. "Or did you just say it because of the situation?"

"Arohi... I didn't mean to hurt you, but—" Arohi clung to the counter, holding the phone in her shaking hands.

"Just say the goddamned words and finish this, Daniel. Do you love me or not?" Her voice was strained, tears streaming down her face.

"No." His whisper cut through the silence, stabbing painfully at our hearts.

Arohi looked at me with tear-filled eyes. "But why?" she whispered.

"Because I thought you would feel hurt and rejected. I thought it would make you happy, and I wasn't sure of my own feelings. I like you a lot, but I don't know about love. I'm so sorry, Arohi."

Arohi hung up and collapsed into my arms, sobbing. I held her, caressing her back. Hearing her sobs made me weak. My Arohi was never this vulnerable, not even after her parents' death.

"Shhh, Ruhi, don't cry.Calm down, I am with you."

"Me too," came a voice from a distance. Arohi and I both looked up to see Bachaa standing there, her eyes red and glossy from crying. She came over and hugged us tightly.

A sob escaped my mouth as I held them both. A mother can be strong for her children but can never bear to see them cry.

I embraced them tightly, trying to calm them with my warmth.

"Arohi di, if you cry, who will calm me down? I can't do your job!" Avu said in her childish tone, making us chuckle through our tears.

I heard another chuckle and lifted my gaze to see Neil standing by the staircase, tears in his eyes. I blinked at him reassuringly, and he returned it with a nod, tears still glistening.

Hello guys,

I know I'm late, but I've had a hectic schedule with online lectures, assignments, and homework.

I know I might not be able to gain forgiveness, but I will try to upload as often as I can.

This chapter is from Neela Ma's POV to better show the situation. You'll get to know about Avni and Neil's conversation in Neela Ma's room in the next chapter.

I won't keep them apart, guys. I'm also an Adizian and Avnielian. I can't bear to see them apart.

So, that's it for now. I hope you all don't feel too bad.

Goodbye, guys. Take care.

See you soon.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro