Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂
🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰
🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAYAL!

Wish u many many happy returns of the day! Hope u have an amazing year ahead!

🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫
🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰
🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂

Beginning the chapter by thanking all my viewers 😊 , voters 🤗 and commenters 😘

Anyways, Onwards!!!

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations

Chapter 14 - Half Truths

#Next Day#

"Bulbul please. Nothing happened, alright? Stop nagging me!" Pragya shouted at Bulbul as they went inside the college campus, probably for the hundredth time. Bulbul had been asking her for details about her time with Abhi since the previous day. She kept asking about their meeting, which in Bulbul's words was 'a coffee date', wanting to know if they did any 'couple thing'.

"But Di! I wouldn't have to irritate you with my questions if you would just tell me what happened. I thought you would share everything with your little sister." 😤

Pragya sighed. What did she have to share? 'Should I share the fact that I panicked because he came close and I acted like a prude just because of it? Should I tell her that I accidentally hit Abhi and we spent the next couple of minutes sharing an awkward conversation?' 😧

"Di! Where did you get lost again? What is wr-" from the corner of her eyes, Bulbul saw Purab clicking away on his phone, heading towards the stairs. "This is not over. You must tell me the details. But for now, bye!" she rushed off.

Pragya watched her run after Purab with a roll of her eyes. She entered the auditorium and found Aliyah practicing her vocals. She thought to approach her. They had chatted a few times they crossed paths and Aliyah seemed like a good person, aside from her enmity with Bulbul that is. 😅

"Hey Aliyah."

Aliyah looked up from the paper in her hand and stared at Pragya, which soon turned into a glare. "I'm busy Pragya. I'll talk to you some other time."

"Eh? Is something wrong?"

"Nothing. I need to practice. That's all."

"Aliyah, we were talking amicably till yesterday. What happened all of a sudden?"

Aliyah turned to her looking livid. "You're sister happened, that's what!" 😡

Pragya looked at her shocked "But Bulbul didn't do anything to you."

"Yes she did, is doing and will continue to do! I can't keep talking to you. Because every time I do, I'm reminded of the fact that you are the sister of the girl that stole Purab from me!"

"Oh" Pragya blinked in realization "Oh! So that's why you hate Bulbul so much. You like Purab?!"

"Yes. But your sister stole him from me. I've been trying to get Purab to like me since childhood. But she just comes and steals him from me....just like that!"

"Maybe Purab was never yours to begin with. I'm sorry to say this Aliyah, but Purab doesn't like you."

"Of course you would side with your sister. That's expected." Aliyah bit out.

They didn't notice Shabbir and Tanu coming inside the auditorium, standing a few feet from them.

"I'm not taking anyone's side. Look Aliyah, just think about it. Even if I take away Bulbul from this college, Purab would never go to you. It's because he doesn't love you. You can't force him to love you. If you want to do that, then it's not love. It's your obsession."

Aliyah looked at her in rage "How dare you-"

"Its true. Suppose he did marry you in future, suppose you did get him for yourself. But will you be happy? Will he be happy? No. Because you would never get the love you deserve and he would always long for another. Do you want to live such a life where there is no way your husband will ever love you back?"

Aliyah wanted to argue. On the outside, she looked completely pissed off beyond limits. However, on the inside she was breaking. Pragya was stating things that she already knew herself, but dismissed those thoughts in her quest to make Purab hers. She knew he wouldn't love her back, she knew their love would always be one-sided. However, she refused to give up and hopelessly continued her pursuit. Her pride would not let her admit defeat.

Pragya placed a hand on her shoulder "Try to understand Aliyah. It's useless to go after Purab as he would never love you back. Yes its harsh, but it's the reality. You would never find happiness with him. I'm not telling this to favor Bulbul as I'm her sister, but I'm telling this as your friend. I know you have a good heart Aliyah and I know you will understand eventually. Please understand before its too late."

Saying that, Pragya moved away from there, towards the backstage.

Tanu kept looking at Aliyah with a smirk, while Shabbir was a looking at Pragya intently. He silently moved away from Tanu and towards the backstage.

Tanu didn't notice him, to busy looking at Aliyah's distressed face. Aliyah looked up as Tanu approached her.

"What do you want Tanu?"

"Nothing. My appetite is full from watching you get rebuked by a middle-class simpleton. What a shame!" she taunted.

"Listen Tanu, be in your limits!"

"Look who's talking. Someone who can't even defend herself from a nobody like that Pragya."

"At least she's better than a good-for-nothing bitch like you."

Tanu looked at her in anger "What did you just call me?"

Aliyah smirked "Old age is getting to you Tanu. You are losing your hearing."

"At least I'm not the one who is crying over a breaking heart. You couldn't even get the love you've been pursuing for years."

Aliyah clenched her jaw in anger. She knew Tanu would hear her voice breaking if she spoke now. Tanu's words had hurt the most, since Aliyah knew they were not false.

"What do we have here?" spoke a voice from near them. Aliyah and Tanu looked up to see it was the two technicians.

Sumit took one look at Tanu and his eyes widened "Oh my goodness! What a pink monstrosity!? Bhai look at her pink dress. I....I think I'll end up puking. Didn't you have any decent clothes in your wardrobe?" 😨

Tanu looked livid at being called a pink monstrosity. "How dare you!? This is one of the best designer dress money could buy!" 😠

"You call that startling pink thing a designer dress? You're like a walking, talking pink, gooey ball of terror. Go away before you scare off some children." Samay stated. 😔

"Bhai, hide me from her. She's like a nightmare from my worst horror dreams." 😰

Tanu was left without a comeback. She looked behind her to seek Shabbir's support, only to find him gone. She looked back at them, embarrassed, as well as outright pissed. This brought a smile to Aliyah's face.

"Um... whats going on in here?" asked Nikhil as he came near.

"I'll... I'll have my revenge on you two! You just wait!" Tanu grabbed Nikhil's hand and stormed away from there with him towards the backstage.

"Yes. Be gone. I think I'll be having nightmares for days!" Sumit spoke dramatically.

"Hahaha...Do you have a talent of pissing off every girl you meet?" Aliyah taunted, but she spoke it in good humor.

"Well, you don't seem to be pissed off though. Should I consider it a success?" he put forward his hand. "I'm Sumit."

Aliyah rolled her eyes "You boys and your flirting. I'm out of here." She gave a wave and moved out of there. However, she paused at the doorway before leaving "The name's Aliyah."

Sumit sighed dreamily "I think I just lost my heart to her smile."

Samay smacked the back of his head. "Falling for someone who doesn't even give any importance to you? What am I going to do with you?"

"Its called love bhai. L-o-v-e! I'm in love, love, love 🎶" Samay watched as Sumit went away smiling and singing to himself.

"I can't believe I'm related to that idiot. If he continues his antics, I'll disown him." 😑

#Computer Lab#

Vivek sighed as he kept watch at the door. 'First I get assigned as a side-kick to Kriti, then a guard,and now a watchman? *sigh* Who would have thought I would be doing all these things one day?'

He looked up towards the ceiling "So annoying."

Currently, he was standing outside the computer room, keeping watch, so that he could inform Karan and Kriti if Abhi approaches.

He looked inside to find them completely engrossed in their work.

Karan sighed suddenly. Ever since Kriti told him about what she heard Shabbir, Purab and Pragya talk, he had been restless. He couldn't understand why Shabbir would talk so casually and amicably about his father. 'If that is so, then Mr. Mehra is involved in whatever that is going on. But...but Mr. Mehra wouldn't be lying to Abhi, would he?' He sighed again in frustration. The same thought had been eating his mind day and night.

He didn't tell about it to Abhi because he first wanted to find out more about it. He knew how much Abhi respected and trusted his father. If Mr. Mehra was really hiding something, then Abhi would feel betrayed. Besides, they didn't know for sure that Abhi's father was involved. They could be misunderstanding him. If this was the case, then Abhi would end up doubting his father for no reason. So, Karan decided that he wouldn't tell Abhi the truth now, but only after he knows fully well what the matter is. That is why Vivek had been put on guard by him.

He had asked Kriti to search for information on Akash Pratap, whose name Kriti had heard Shabbir discuss. They were currently searching for details on him.

Suddenly, Vivek came rushing in "Abhi's heading this way!"

At once, Kriti and Karan closed the files they had kept open on the monitor and pretended to be doing something else.

"Hey Karan I-" Abhi looked confused at the other two besides Karan in the room."I didn't know you've started working with these two." Abhi looked at him suspiciously. He could have sworn he saw something else displayed on their computer from the distance. 'But why would Karan hide anything from me? And what is that paper?' Abhi tried to look at it closely, but Kriti hid it. However, Abhi had clearly seen Akash Pratap written there. 'That name sounds familiar.'

"I'm working with them because....because" Karan tried to think of an excuse, when Kriti spoke for him.

"I'm his partner in the project! That's why I'm here." She lied, while trying to seem normal, although she was panicking inside.

"Oh. Okay. But what about him?" Abhi said, pointing at Vivek.

"I....I came to...I came to ask Kriti to take me to the library! I forgot the way again." That was the best lie Vivek could come up with.

"Yes Abhi. That's why he was here. I was just about to leave wit-"

"No need. You help Karan. I'll take him to the library." spoke Abhi. 'I'll question Karan later, when he's alone.'

He bid Karan bye and left with Vivek, who had no other way but to follow him.

Vivek sighed for the unempth time 'So annoying. So Damn annoying!'

#Auditorium, Backstage#

Pragya closed her eyes and hummed to herself the song that she would be singing along with Shabbir. She heard some shuffling and saw Shabbir sitting down across her, with guitar in hand.

"You're here Shabbir. Good good. Now lets start practicing."

She heard Shabbir murmur something. "Um...did you say something Shabbir?"

Shabbir looked uncomfortable to say whatever it was. Finally, he sighed and looked at her in the eyes. "I said thank you."

Pragya looked at him with wide eyes. Slowly she spoke. "The great arrogant Shabbir Mehra... Saying thank you? You.....and thanks? Wait! I'll take out my phone to record it."

He looked at her irritated "Shut up! It was just an one time thing. Don't expect me to say it again." He was already embarrassed to say thanks and she wasn't making it easy either.

"Hahaha...alright alright. But thanks for what?"

"For handling my sister so well, even when she was so rude to you. If it was anyone else, they would have ended up fighting with her."

"Its okay Shabbir. I know Aliyah isn't a bad person. She's just a misguided child. She'll understand once you make her see the truth." she smiled at him "Besides, you being her elder brother can always smack her head to get some sense into her. Although, I doubt she'll listen to you since she hates you." she joked.

Shabbir chuckled "You sound like you have experience in dealing with such things."

"I have a little sister too, remember? *sigh* Siblings...can't live peacefully with them, can't live without them either."

"Shabbir." They looked towards the door to find Tanu standing there with Nikhil.

'Aaaa! What a pink monstrosity! Is she even aware how nauseous she looks?' Pragya thought in disgust, unknowingly matching her brothers' thoughts.

Tanu glared at finding Pragya with Shabbir. However, she quickly changed her frown into a smile as she approached Shabbir. "Shabbir, would you please take me to the movies tomorrow? Its been so long since we hung out together." She spoke, twirling one of Shabbir's long strands of hair.

Pragya looked at her pissed. She felt like punching Tanu all of a sudden. 'Meh...I guess it's because I outright hate her.' She noticed Nikhil come near them.

"Nikhil! Thank you so much for that day. I'm really grateful for it." She went and shook his hand.

"It was nothing. Happy to help." He put on a charming smile.

"Trust me Nikhil. It was a lot more than a 'nothing'" and indeed, she wasn't kidding. If he hadn't dropped her at Shabbir's apartment that day, she would have never found out the truth.

Shabbir was pretending to speak to Tanu, but his attention was on Pragya and Nikhil 'Why is she being all buddy-buddy with Nikhil? All she does with me is taunt me or tease me.'

Pragya was about to move back, but she stumbled on a wire lying on the floor. She would have fallen down, if it wasn't for Nikhil, who held her shoulders to keep her from falling. "Thank you again Nikhil."

Nikhil chuckled "I think its becoming a habit of me to become your 'knight in shining armour'." He joked.

That was the last straw for Shabbir. He abruptly stood up "Tanu, go with your friends please. I will be busy tomorrow."

Saying that, he moved past her, grabbed Pragya's wrist and pulled her out of there.

Tanu looked at them go in anger.

"Wow. He seemed possessive." remarked Nikhil.

"Shut up Nikhil. That third grade, down trodden, classless girl! How dare she come between me and Shabbir!?"

"Tanu, why do you keep pursuing Shabbir? I love you immensely! Yet you run around that good-for-nothing Shabbir!"

"Shut up! Don't dare say anything against him. And as for that Pragya, I know what I have to do." She smirked.

#Library#

Abhi took Vivek to the library. However, he thought it would be better if he also told Vivek the various sections which held different types and genres of books. Abhi was showing him around, when someone tapped his shoulder.

"Hello."

"Hello. Do I know you?"

"Probably not, since I'm new here. I'm your new biology teacher, Akash Pratap." Abhi had seen that name with Kriti, and felt like he had heard the name somewhere else. However, dismissed it and greeted the teacher.

"Good morning Sir. I'm Abhishek Mehra. How can I be of help?"

"I needed to ask you about what happened in the library and the pool a few days ago." On seeing Abhi's alert face, he added "Don't worry , I won't use it to report against the college, nor am I planning to leave the college."

Abhi nodded and told him about the incidents with Pragya and Vivek. Akash didn't know who Vivek was, but recalled crashing into Pragya. Akash got into deep thought. 'Those two said that Prasanth had failed in both cases. Does this mean that...does this mean that they wanted to kill her?' His eyes widened on his conclusion 'They wanted to kill her, but couldn't. That's why they said Prasanth failed.'

"I...I need to warn Pragya. I know who is after her!" saying that, he rushed out if the library, leaving a confused Abhi behind him.

None of them noticed a person slam his fist against the wall and curse out loud. 'How could he know of me. Its impossible. I covered all my tracks. Nevertheless, I must take some measures.'

#Auditorium#

Pragya was confused and rritated. Shabbir had dragged her out, only to stop and sit in one of the front rows of the auditorium.

"We could have practiced backstage as well. Why the heck did you move here unnecessarily?!" 😑

"I'm the boss. Now sit and sing."

She wanted to argue, but decided against it. 'It's useless arguing with an idiot.' 😣

They began practicing.

However, they didn't notice Tanu standing in the shadows.

Tanu looked on with jealousy as they were practicing together. 'Sing to your heart's content Pragya. Because this going to be your last song ever!'

She smirked and moved her hand to the rope that was holding the multiplex lights and slowly started undoing it.

'Bye bye Pragya. Hope you have a happy afterlife.'

With that thought, she let the rope go, waiting for the lights to fall on her.

However, before the rope could come completely loose, a hand caught it. Tanu looked on shocked at the new arrival.

"How dare you even think of harming my Di, you brown haired bitch?!"

"I...I don't know what you're talking about!" Tanu tried to lie.

Bulbul tied back the rope and pointed a finger at Tanu. "Listen here and listen carefully. From now on, my eyes will be on you 24*7. You can try to harm my di as much as you want, but I will always be there to save her, understand me? Don't even make the mistake of doing anything to her in my presence!"

"Hey! Is something wrong here Bulbul?" asked Purab, as he came near.

"Nothing Purab. Just fixing something. I think its fixed now, since it knows that I will break it with my fists if it doesn't work like I asked it too." She spoke, looking pointedly at Tanu.

Saying that, she went away with Purab.

"My my! She sure gave one heck of a warning to you." taunted Nikhil "Just give up on Shabbir Tanu, and come to me. I'll treat you like a queen!"

She looked at him in anger "Shut up! No one asked your opinion." She turned to the way Bulbul and Purab went. "She was right about one thing. I won't be able to harm Pragya until and unless she's there. I need to take care of her first. You'll help me, right Nikhil?"

"Always have, Love."

"I know just another person who might help us deal with Bulbul, since she hates her as well." Tanu smirked.

*bell ringing*

"Why is the bell ringing? There's no classes going on." Nikhil asked, confused.

"This is for all of us to gather at the hall, you idiot. Let's go!"

#Hall#

Akash looked around for Pragya among all the students gathered there. 'I must warn her of the danger she is in. But where is she?'

His eyes fell on Prasanth, who was standing beside the two technicians.

He saw Prasanth whisper something to them, while looking towards him. 'Oh no! Does he know that I know about their plan?'

Prasanth on the other hand, was discussing something entirely different. "Oi! You two, listen. Is that Akash some relative of yours?"

"No. Why do you ask?" asked Samay, curiously.

"Nah. His title matches with yours. Besides, he is giving me the same accusing look that you two give me. As if I'm a killer."

"Its actually not his fault you know. Its just your face resembles that of Rawan."

Prasanth looked at him irritated "Sleep alert Sumit. One of these days, I might end up killing you in your sleep." 😒

"If you want to harm him, you have to go over my dead body, right Sumit?" Samay patted Sumit on the back with full force, which made him stumble forward into the mud.

"Argh! Look what you've done to my shoes. You need to reduce those muscles bhai."

Samay and Prasanth chuckled as Sumit went to wash his shoes.

"Attention all students." spoke the Principal. "I know you kids are giving your best to the various performances, while the ones participating in the inter-college science competition are using every possible way to make your projects the best of all. But I, as the Principal have some duties towards you. That is why, tomorrow I, and a few other teachers will be judging your performances and projects to see if there is the need of any improvements or changes. I hope you all cooperate and give your best."

"What?! But we haven't completed anything!" exclaimed Kriti. 😲

"Don't worry Kriti. We'll figure out something." Karan assured her.

"In a day? Impossible!" 😓

Karan smirked "Like I said. Chill." 😏

As Akash listened to the speech, he saw Pragya standing on the other side. He was about to rush towards her, when he got a call. It was from an unknown number.

"Hello?"

(If you're thinking of telling her about the danger to her life, think again. I know where your family members live and can kill each one easily.)

"No, please! Don't harm them!"

(Then listen to me. Leave this college this instant. Transfer somewhere else. Otherwise...) the call went dead.

Akash looked on, shell-shocked. He looked towards Prasanth. 'Only two of them are here. Which means the third one probably called me. I can't tell Pragya the truth as they are watching me.' He looked towards Pragya helplessly 'I don't want my family to be killed. I'm sorry Pragya, but I must leave this college without telling you the truth. Forgive me.'

Too bad he didn't know that Sumit, Samay and Prasanth would never harm Pragya. If he knew, he could have taken their help to expose the killer.

He moved away from there in distress. When he was near the exist, he heard someone call his name. It was Abhishek. Looking at him, Akash found hope.

Abhi finally recalled that he had heard the teacher's name from Pragya, who wanted to find out about him. "Sir, I needed to ask you-"

"No time Abhi. Listen, your friend Pragya is in real danger. Those accidents in the library and the pool? They were done purposefully by someone from the college. But you can't tell her the truth or else my family might die. Save her!" with that, he rushed off, leaving a shocked Abhi behind.

It took Abhi a moment to make sense of what he said. His mind was in turmoil. 'How am I supposed to protect her without telling her? But if I tell her, he said his family will be in danger. Then how....how, how?!'

Abbi took a deep breath to calm himself. He knew panicking won't help the situation. He tried to think of the best solution.

'The only way left now is to keep an eye on Pragya while she is in college. That way I can keep her safe.' Suddenly, another thought struck him. He remembered that Pragya would be practicing most of the time with his big brother, which meant he would have to be near him as well.

Abhi sighed. 'Well, guess it's the only way. I guess I can handle one arrogant big brother. But I hope you can handle me Shabbir.'

To be continued...

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving a vote.
Thanks! ~ 🌹 Mona 🌹

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro