3. Brother of Mine

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hi! Thanks for all the vote, views and comments guys! Thank you all!!!
😘😘😘😘😘

If I get a vote from all the readers..... it would be so awesome!
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Anyways, Onwards!!!

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 3 - Brother of Mine

#Recess#

Pragya entered the college canteen and searched for Bulbul and Kriti.

"Di! Over here!" She heard Bulbul shout from one of the benches.

"So di, how was your first day here?" Asked Bulbul, once Pragya was near them.

Pragya sat down and put her head on the table.

"That bad?" Asked Kriti, while munching on an apple.

Pragya looked up with a weary look.

"Well..... the second and third periods went ok. But I missed the first one"

"That's not a big deal di. Chill"

"That's not what I'm distressed about Bulbul. What's important is the reason why I missed my class." Pragya proceeded to tell them all that happened in the morning.

By the time she was done explaining, Bulbul and Kriti were laughing so loud, that the entire canteen was looking towards them.

"Stop laughing! I'm seriously worried here, and you guys are laughing!?"

"Hahaha. I still can't believe ..haha...that you pulled Shabbir's hair like that" Bulbul spoke in between laughter.

"I wasn't thinking straight. I was just so angry!"

"And then you went and scolded Abhi for it?" Kriti said while laughing.

"I didn't know they were twins, alright!" Pragya shouted in frustration.

"Haha...ok ok. We won't tease you anymore" Bulbul took a deep brreath "Ok! Let me tell you all about Shabbir and Abhi"

When Pragya nooded, Bulbul started "Shabbir and Abhi are twins of Mr. Vivian Mehra and Mrs. Binita Mehra. Shabbir, the elder one, is an amazing singer and guitarist. Abhi is a computer genius and programmer. They also have a little sister named Aliyah." Pragya noticed that Bulbul made a sore face while taking Aliyah's name. She looked at Kriti in question.

Kriti rolled her eyes "Bulbul and Aliyah hate each other Pragya di."

"But why?"

"I don't know! She just came up to me one day and started calling me middle-class material. I got pissed and started calling her an arrogant hag. And the rest is history. Since then, we keep fighting verbally whenever we cross paths." Bulbul spoke in anger.

"I see."

"Good. Now don't interrupt me again. So...as I was saying, Aliyah ( 😣 ) is there sister. You see, Mr. Mehra wanted his boys to become great programmers. However, Shabbir had a passion for singing. When his father told him that he would disown him if he did not leave singing, Shabbir left home. Purab helped him get a room for rent. Now though, he has enough contracts and albums in his hands to buy his own apartment."

"Ugh! That Purab. He is the one responsible for the entire mess." 😡

"Purab's family was good friends of the Mehra family. However, after Purab took Shabbir's side, Mr. and Mrs.Mehra barely talk to them. Abhi is still friendly with him though. Purab is an amazing dancer and Shabbir's best friend" Pragya noticed that Bulbul smiled when she mentioned Purab's name. 'Hmm... I'll ask her later about it.'

"And I guess Abhi is the one who followed his father's wish and became a programmer?"

"Yes Di. Abhi is a computer expert. He has made softwares which are even difficult for other experts to figure out. Any program that has been given to him, he has cracked it like a piece of cake. Some even say that together he and Karan could even hack the government secrets, files, techs...everything if they want. However, I know Abhi would never do that since he is an honest guy. Karan is his best friend and the General Secretary of the college."

"And what about Aliyah?"

"Aliyah is a hag. That's all you need to know" Bulbul said with a huff. 😣

Kriti shook her head at her friend and started speaking "Aliyah is a good singer. She didn't have restrictions laid on her career, as she was the girl child. She greatly respects Abhi, but hates Shabbir. I don't know why, but I'm sure she has her reasons."

"I see."

"Pragya di. These are the most popular kids in the college. Its best if you don't piss them off. Most of the college is divided into two groups. One group are die hard fans of Shabbir and Purab, while the other cherish and respect Abhi and Karan. If you behave rudely to any of them, their fan groups will kill you!"

"Bulbul is right Pragya Di. Especially beware of Tanu and her friends"

"Tanu?"

"She's a dancer and does modeling too. She is the Cultural Secretary of the college. That girl has a serious obsession with Shabbir, always keeps running around him!"

"You mean she likes Shabbir and Shabbir likes her?"

Bulbul shook her head "I don't think Shabbir likes her in that way. Sure he thinks of her as a good friend, but it is she who constantly tries to flirt with Shabbir"

"I see. By the way, which group are you two on?" asked Pragya with curiosity.

"We aren't part of any group. Its not like we don't want to. Trust me di, we really want to be a part of one of the groups. But.... but you see, these groups have kids who are either rich, or super talented. The rest of the college kids who belong to middle class or aren't experts in their fields aren't included in their groups. They call us underdogs 😣 "

"But I've seen you dance Bulbul. You're amazing and have a great talent in it. Why didn't they take you?" she looked at Kriti "And Kriti, I'm sure you have some talent too"

"I do. Software applications and systems are my speciality. I can tell you the way to modify and remake any software." Kriti said, proudly.

"Nice."

"However, I didn't have as much training as them. That's why, I'm not included" Kriti said with spite.

"That's just injustice!" Pragya exclaimed.

"Di, if we ever get to be in one of the groups, which will you choose?"

"Meh.... I would rather be a lone wolf. Shabbir seemed like a pompous pig, while Abhi is a serious disciplinarian. I think I'll be more happy as I am now. What about you two?"

"Di, I would choose Shabbir of course. You know I don't know much about computers"

"Well, I'll be joining Abhi." said Kriti.

"But then you'd be my enemy. No way! You'll be choosing Shabbir too"

"No way! Bulbul, you join me and Abhi then. That would be better"

"Nope. You'll join me."

"Noooo. You will"

Pragya smiled at them as they carried on their banter. Suddenly, from the corner of her eyes, she saw Abhi and Karan passing by. They were moving out of the canteen, chatting casually.

'Great! Abhi seems to be in a good mood. This would be a perfect time to apologize' Pragya got up and went behind them unnoticed by Bulbul and Kriti, who were still busy arguing.

She found them taking a left turn and went behind them. She was about to turn the corner, when she saw a girl approaching Abhi. 'She looks like she walked out of some fashion magazine. Why does she need to put so much make up and unnecessary accessories in college!?'

"Abhishek Mehra and our dear General Secretary" said the girl, a little too sweetly. To Pragya, it looked more like she was taunting them then addressing them. Pragya peeped from behind the wall. 'Better I stay here and watch from a far. Otherwise, I'll get myself into trouble again somehow.'

"What do you want Tanu?" Karan asked in a cold tone.

'So this is Tanu' thought Pragya.

"Huh. Here I am greeting you two so nicely, and you are being so rude to me Karan."

Karan rolled his eyes. "Quit your acting and tell us what you want?"

Tanu smirked "Abhi, Shabbir has asked for the keys to the warehouse. Your family no longer uses it, so we may as well make use of it."

"Just because my family doesn't use it, doesn't mean I don't. I use it as a store room and there are some of my important things."

"Take them out quickly because we need the warehouse to practice for the College Fest. Hand over the keys." Tanu said, extending her hand for the keys.

"No"

"No? What do you mean no? I'm not joking."

Abhi smiled and put his hands in his pockets "I'm not joking either. No means no."

"Are you taunting me Abhi!? How dare you?!"

"Nope. I'm being polite"

"Why you-"

"Leave him Tanu. We'll find another place." spoke a different voice, as he approached them. It was Shabbir.

Abhi looked at him. Pragya noticed that although Abhi had a smile on his face, he had balled his hands into fists in anger.

"Hello dear twin brother" taunted Abhi.

"Hello my lesser twin" said Shabbir with a sarcastic smile, as he came to stand beside Tanu. At once, Tanu clung onto Shabbir's hand.

Abhi smirked "Lesser? Why? Because I refused to disgrace my family name?"

"No. Because you fail to follow your heart and you act blindly on our parents' wishes." Shabbir snarked back.

"That's because I respect them and know how to value family, unlike you" 😡

"Or maybe you're happy to act like a dog, always doing as you're told" taunted Tanu.

"You would understand dogs nicely, won't you Tanu? Since you're a bitch yourself 😏 " Karan smirked.

"Shut up Karan. I'm not taking to you"

"You should shut it too, since Abhi isn't talking to you."

Tanu was about to speak, but Shabbir moved in front of her.

"Family? A family respects each member and guides them, helps them find happiness. My family never valued me and my wishes. So why should I?" Shabbir spoke. Abhi and Shabbir were standing eye-to-eye now.

"It's just like you to insult others, isn't it? Always finding faults in others but never finding your own?" Abhi spoke in anger.

None of them noticed Purab arriving there. They were too busy fighting.

"That's because I was right. But they didn't listen!" Shabbir defended himself.

"And so you gave up that easily? That's the great Shabbir Mehra? Giving up even before trying to convince them? You claim to be so great, but you are nothing but a coward!" Abhi shouted.

As soon as Abhi uttered those words, Shabbir grabbed his collar and was about to hit him. However, Purab came and held back his fist.

"Let go of me Purab." Shabbir grit out in anger.

"Shabbir, don't. We have to prepare for the concert remember? If we get into any trouble and get dentention, we would be wasting out own time."

Shabbir wanted to hit Abhi, but nodded. He left Abhi's collar and moved back.

"How dare you!? Abhi bhai! Bhai are you alright?" Pragya heard a girl shout as she came near. 'She called Abhi her bhai. I guess she must be Aliyah'

"I'm fine Aliyah. Don't worry"

"How dare you lay your dirty hands on my brother you black sheep?"

"Watch it Aliyah. Besides, Shabbir is your brother too. You ought to respect him" spoke Tanu.

"I have only one brother and that is Abhi. That black sheep isn't my brother"

"Aliyah! I'm warning you. Don't forget that I'm the Cultural Secretary and I can cut your name from the list of performers for the College Fest. Don't come crying to me if you don't get to sing" Tanu smirked.

"Hahaha...You're forgetting Tanu. I'm the daughter of the person who owns this college. You dare cut my name and I'll make sure to ruin your entire future"

"Why you-"

"Enough! Both of you. The Vice-Principal comes around this part of the college at this time. If none of you want to get into trouble, its best if you leave." said Karan.

"You think you can threaten us Karan?" Shabbir said, accusing Karan.

"I meant everyone, including Abhi and Aliyah. I'm the General Secretary and I'm doing my part of the duty. I'm not petty and low like Tanu to use my position for my personal, selfish reasons"

"Dude. He's right. Lets go Shabbir. The Vice Prinicipal would no doubt complain to the Principal, your father. And we both know who's side he will take."

Shabbir nodded and moved out of there with one last look of hatred towards Abhi, followed by Purab and Tanu.

'Shit! They are coming in this direction. What do I do? What do I do?!' Pragya panicked. She quickly saw that the door to the classroom behind her was open and she quickly entered it, closing the door silently.

She heard footsteps outside the door and guessed that Shabbir was passing with his friends. However, the footsteps stopped and she heard Shabbir's voice.

"Tanu, I understand that you wanted to get the keys for me, but never call Abhi a dog again"

Pragya's eyes widened 'But... But I thought he hated Abhi'

"But Shabbir, he was insulting you." Tanu tried to defend herself.

"Yes, and I would have snarked back to him Tanu, but you can't. I can insult him, humiliate him. But I won't tolerate anyone else disrespecting him. Understand me?"

"Y-yes Abhi" Pragya heard them move again and go out of there.

Pragya was confused. 'If he hates Abhi, then why defend him? But he did say that he would insult or humiliate Abhi if he wants. But doesn't want others to? What kind of crazy logic is that? Is it....is it because he still cares for his brother? Or is it just some sort of his own arrogance? Ugh! Whatever. Thinking all this is making my head hurt.' Pragya smacked her head 'Damn! I almost forgot what I was here for. I need to apologize to Abhi.'

She moved out of the room and checked to see if Abhi was still there. She found Abhi standing there with Aliyah and Karan.

"Bhai, why do you talk with that guy? He ruins our moods."

"Forget about it Aliyah. Just think about your performance and prepare for it"

"Hmm... I guess you are right. See ya bro"

Aliyah walked towards the stairs.

"And Aliyah, listen" Abhi said from behind her. Aliyah turned back to her brother and nodded.

"You should stop calling Shabbir black sheep. You know I don't like it."

'What the... Abhi is defending Shabbir now? What's going on here?' Thought Pragya.

"But bro, he was about to hit you" Aliyah shouted.

"That's something between us brothers and we will handle it. However, I won't tolerate you or anyone else insulting Shabbir. Understood Aliyah?"

Aliyah looked like she wanted to shout out in anger, but nodded. She turned and stormed up the stairs.

"She looks pissed off. I think you hurt her pride." Karan said with a snicker. 😆

"She'll cool off soon"

"I never understood you two twins. Everyone knows how much you two hate each other. And we've seen you and Shabbir fighting each other. Yet, you both don't like it when someone else insults the other."

Abhi gave him a wry smile "We're family Karan. That's what family is for. They aren't there to give only peace and happiness, but also to give pain and sorrow so that you realize that you're imperfect and it keeps you grounded." 🙂

Karan looked at him confused "What?" 🤔

Abhi chuckled "Forget about it. Lets go complete the codes for the new tech" with that, they moved forward.

Pragya remained where she was standing. She was completely overwhelmed with everything that she had witnessed. She was confused beyond limits.

"Di! That's where you are. We've been looking all over for you. What are you doing here anyway?" Asked Bubul, as she and Kriti approached Pragya.

"Huh? Wha-?"

"Pragya Di, where is your mind?" Kriti asked in amusement.

"Nothing Kriti. Why were you looking for me by the way?"

"Diiiii! We need to give the auditions. They are selecting performers for the college fest. Only the selected will get to perform. I've even heard that Abhi might select the best singers to help him in his new album. Lets go!" with that, Bulbul grabbed both Kriti and Pragya and pulled them along with her.

To be continued...

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving a vote.
Thanks! ~ 🌹 Mona 🌹

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro