Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Drink deep but beware
What you broke is past repair
All your oaths you betray, your sacred vows you sever and now you see that nothing lasts for always and forever
Three yet remain, two already crossed yet in one year's time, you might all be lost
As your family is undone, you will seed the beast that is to come....
But one remains that could break the storm and save you all from the chaos that is yet to be born."

A prophecy.

Niklaus barely believed these ramblings of a witch yet the visions were troubling all the same. But when Freya confirmed it is when it became all too real. One by family, one by friend, one by foe.

They had too many foes to count. It was the family part that was troubling and put them all at unease. But they could easily take out their foes.

"And, given the circumstance, Lucien qualifies as both friend and foe, and according to Freya's prophecy..." Niklaus started.

Elijah stared into the fire under the mantle of the fireplace as he listened to Klaus rant about ideas of murder. He was only thinking of Jenny and how much he missed her. But he wouldn't go to her, not until she told him so.

He'd only recently moved back into the Abbatoir which surprised Niklaus. It also made Niklaus quite ecstatic to possibly have his brother back.

"Does this mean you've forgiven me finally?" Niklaus smirked as Elijah placed his things back into his room.

"I'll consider it..." Elijah gave a faux thoughtful look. "When Hell freezes over."

It was safe to say the two brothers weren't on good terms. But with this prophecy, it was better to be closer than apart.

"You have to beware of both friend and foe, but let us not forget family, Niklaus," Elijah pointed out as he stood by the fireplace and his voice was scathing as he remembered being forced to watch as Jenny slit her own throat.

Niklaus rolled his eyes as he vowed, "I won't hurt Jenny, brother. After all, she is family."

"You won't hurt her again, you mean," Elijah pointed out.

"Brother, please," Niklaus sighed as he looked down guiltily but Elijah ignored him.

"Now, before we murder Lucien, there are certain questions that need to be answered, chiefly, what is he doing here? And the wolf venom. Why would he lie to you, his sire? I'm afraid we might have to resort to something deliciously medieval here, brother."

"Might have to?" Niklaus smirked. "When you've been committing all sorts of medieval acts over the summer for your precious Jenny. Does she know what you've been up to?"

"Don't start," Elijah warned.

Niklaus paused before he spoke softly, "One falls by family. You do know that could very well be Jenny."

"If she is my undoing, then it doesn't matter," Elijah argued. Jenny was already his undoing; he'd accepted that a long time ago.

"Because you love her?" Klaus smiled ruefully.

Elijah agreed with a soft sigh, "Because I love her."

_____

Three months had passed since she'd seen Elijah. Three months full of healing and she honestly felt much better. She no longer felt so numb and she would smile with each new day.

She was Jenny again.

Although, an immortal Jenny that beat every vampire at the new gym that Marcel created. She was the undefeated champion in the ring and she spent quite a bit of time there. She'd decided she wanted to be fierce and deadly while also still being the woman who smiles.

She was currently at the gym and she just finished fighting Gia (who she went easy on). Gia laid on the ground in defeat, "Remind me to never try to fight you again."

Jenny chuckled before a voice spoke up, "I'll give it a try."

Everyone turned their heads to find Hayley. Whispers started up as the hybrid stepped into the ring.

"Alright," Jenny gave her a friendly smile. "I'll go easy on you, though."

"Don't."

Hayley threw a punch towards Jenny when the vampire disappeared. The momentum of her swing hitting nothing but air made her stumble a bit. The hybrid looked around in confusion before Jenny reappeared behind Hayley and tripped the hybrid.

Hayley smacked the ground as she landed on her stomach. Then suddenly Jenny was crouched down as she whispered, "And now you'd be dead."

Hayley blinked in shock as all the vampires erupted in applause. They loved Jenny and she gained a bright smile as she beamed.

_____

Once all the vampires started to leave the gym for the day, Hayley approached her, "I see all the rumors about you are true."

"What would those be?" Jenny asked.

"That you're basically a badass," Hayley replied. "But, I actually came here to thank you for getting Davina to break the curse on my pack all those months ago."

"You deserved to see your daughter, Hayley," Jenny said. "There's no need to thank me."

"Yes, there is because you've been far kinder to me than I have to you," Hayley admitted which made Jenny furrow her eyebrows so the hybrid clarified. "I wanted to apologize for keeping the fact that I saw you on the Other Side from Elijah a secret."

Jenny shook her head, "It was for the best, Hayley."

"Best for who, though?" Hayley questioned guiltily.

"It's in the past, Hayley," Jenny sighed before giving her a small smile. "And I forgive you."

Hayley formed a small smile back although neither of them knew they had someone listening. Elijah and Niklaus went to confront Lucien only to find the witch, Alexis, that had foretold the prophecy.

She showed them more visions and Elijah saw a vision of Marcel in some building and...Jenny tied up in some chair. He immediately went to her aid while Klaus went to confront Lucien. Although, once Elijah stepped foot in St. Anne's, he understood that his vision wasn't one of the present but the future as he heard her sweet voice talk with no alarm.

When he heard it, he stayed hidden behind the wall of the entrance. He could hear her and he wanted to see her but he wouldn't.

Although, the secret that Hayley apologized for made him quite enraged before he left to find Marcel and see what exactly his part in this prophecy was. It led him to come face-to-face with Tristan de Martel who he had no idea was so close with his Jenny.

______

When Jenny got home that day, she found Tristan waiting outside of her door. He had been gone for some time but now he was apparently back.

"Jenny," he smiled as he put his hands in his pockets.

"What are you doing waiting at my door?" Jenny furrowed her eyebrows. "There is such a thing as calling."

"Why would I call when I can wait for what I want to see most?" Tristan said which made her blush a bit.

"Well, you didn't catch me at the best time," Jenny said as she opened her door and allowed him to come in while she looked down at herself in her sweaty attire.

"I think you look rather beautiful," Tristan complimented.

Jenny gave him a look before she asked, "Where have you been for the past few weeks?"

"I had business to attend to," Tristan said as he thought about Aurora. "But now I'm here to stay and I'll be throwing a party tomorrow night..."

Tristan pulled out a invitation from his suit jacket before handing it to her delicately, "And I do so hope you'll attend as my date."

Her lips parted in surprise as she stared at his hopeful blue eyes. She thought for a moment before she sighed sadly, "Tristan..."

"Or just my plus one," Tristan quickly backtracked. "This will be a party for the Strix or any future members."

She considered it for a moment before she reluctantly agreed, "Alright."

"Excellent," he smiled before he leaned over and kissed her delicately on the cheek before he left and she wondered what in the world she just got herself into.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro