03 | Bloodline

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

CHAPTER THREE

You eyed the beautiful flower in front of you as you poured some water on it gently. You glanced with sourness as you remember that the plant has been there with you ever since you entered the palace. It was a plant that survived even until now, inside your chambers. But then again, nothing lasts forever. Soon, it will either die and wither or have another owner and be taken care of.

You straightened your posture as you put down the watering can before grabbing a pair of scissors while the Jasmine scent in your room entered your nose, memories flashed in your mind but shook it off. The scent may have brought you horrible memories of the past, you should not linger for it anymore, and even though with that memory still hunting you, you still continue to love it.

A smiled crept on your lips, bending down to cut the excess leaves and those that withered off  of your favourite Bonsai Tree. The tree stood still yet there were leaves that dried off and some grew freshly, just like how life works out there.

Just then, the door slammed opened as you snapped your head behind you to see your brother. Knowing his presence, a memory popped in your head making your smile turn into a satisfying grin.

"So you decided to kill Jungkook now?" You stood up, elegantly putting down the scissor before turning around and facing him.

Your brother marches his way towards you, and before you could say anything, the sound of slap resonated your room. You immediately cupped your left swollen cheek from the hard hit you received from your brother, and looked at him— bewildered, astonished and oblivious with your jaw hanging down.

What did I do? You wondered, and eyebrows furrowed, demented.

"Orabeoni—"

"How dare you actually poison a Consort?" He cut off, yelling at you with his intense glare burning a hole in your eyes.

"What?" You stepped away, taken back by his words. Your forehead wrinkled as you watched, perplexed. What did I do? You asked yourself, still unaware of what your brother was trying to tell you.

You watched as your brother gritted his teeth, nose flared in anger as he breathed in and out, furiously. Your gaze never left your brother, heart ached at the sight of him looking at you with so much betrayal and hatred. You started wonder as anxiety filled your entire system— just what did you do for your brother to look at you with so much disgust and disappointment?

"Seize all the queen's court maids!" He suddenly yelled making you startled, and looked at him in panic. Just what did you do?

He turned his back on you before storming himself out of the room, and you immediately followed him all the way out of the chambers while Court Lady Kang, the maid who served you since you came in the palace, looked at you, panicking as well before walking towards you.

"Your Majesty!" She called out but you ignored her presence as you ran after your brother. You got out of the chambers with the court lady behind you, and you just watched your brother who was exasperated with you having no idea.

"And make sure to secure the Queen's chambers, and never let anyone near the Queen's palace!" He announced, as the guards surrounding the entire chambers nodded, chanted back in unison while you still watched your brother, baffled and puzzled.

"What is happening here?" Your voice cracked as you witnessed the guards seizing the entire maids of the Queen's Palace—your court maids.

PARK JIMIN'S POINT OF VIEW

A sigh escaped my mouth, watching Jungkook lying down—almost looking lifeless and pale. I never thought this day would happen. If only I was aware with my surroundings, nothing like this would've happened. And thinking about it, I never thought the Queen would do something evil like this.

Yes, she's insane and tried to hurt Jungkook many times yet I chose to ignore it. Thus, I never thought she would go far like this. Never did I expect for her to actually attempt to kill Jungkook, just because he is my concubine.

Does she hate Jungkook that much that she would risk her position as a Queen just to have him killed? If I were in her position, I'd go insane as well. Knowing the one that you loved loves another person already. But she can't do anything in my case.

I inhaled sharply, eyes never wavering away from Jungkook's figure before grabbing his hands and pressed my lips at the back of his palm.

"Please wake up, my love." I whispered— hoping for him to actually jump out there, wake up and hug me.

I wanted to see his doe eyes and that bunny toothed smile, and hear his adorable giggles but seeing him laid on the bed made my heart ache in pain.

I heard the door opened, and looked behind to see Kim Seokjin— my prime minister and my queen's brother.

He entered the room with my permission as he bowed before sitting behind me. Silence overtook us as he waited for me to talk until I decided to break the ice.

"Why would you assume that it's the Queen who tried to kill the Consort?" My voice cracked, still holding Jungkook's hand and back facing Seokjin.

I heard Seokjin mentioning that everything that happened might be the Queen's fault, and I chose to believe him knowing her sins towards Jungkook before as well. Yet, I still didn't want to overlook those matters, especially this— knowing this might be the cause for me to lose her.

"I know it's her, Your majesty." Seokjin spat bitterly, not even minding that we're talking about his own sister. "It must be her. She's a cunning wench who fooled the entire nation with her innocent look."

I sighed, closing my eyes before turning around to look at him, and letting go of Jungkook's hand. "She is your—"

"She is my sister, my family and my bloodline," he paused, cutting me off as he pressed his lips together before saying in a soft manner. "But you are my King."

I frowned, heart dropped to my stomach at the thought of the siblings fighting just because of me. Hyung, that's not my point. Why can't you understand my intention? I wanted you to drop this case so that nothing will happen to her. Why are trying so hard? If she won't have you by her side, then who will protect her?

You are the only one left for her, hyung.

"You do know that you're accusing a family member right?" I tried to find excuses for him to at least let the Queen go, whether it'd be her fault or not. "If you do, your whole family and relatives will be involved."

I will forgive whatever she does— even if she tried to hurt Jungkook several times. I will let it go this time, but I won't tolerate if such thing happens again. But today, I just wanted him to let the case go.

I loved her, and I cannot lose her.

"Don't worry, Your majesty." Seokjin said nonchalantly. "I made sure that my family won't be involve to any royal matter."

Silence again, and I took a deep breath, hoping for him to know my intention and for him to change his mind. "Just forgive her."

"I won't forgive a wench who tried to hurt the royal family." He hissed.

And it seemed I cannot changed his mind anymore.

a/n:
How was it?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro