04 | Trust

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

CHAPTER FOUR

Your knees dropped on the floor, feeling the heavy weight of a burden on your shoulders as Court Lady Kang tried to catch you in her arms but was laid on the floor instead. You watched the situation helplessly as your maids got taken away by the guards while they begged and called for you.

"What happened?" You let out a shaky whimper as Court Lady Kang knelled beside you, letting out a soft cry. 

You could hear their cries and screams beyond the Palace walls before your eyes landed at your chambers as the guards invaded your entire palace in search for the evidence. They were even getting the entire place rambled upside down.

Just from what you brother said— maybe the incident today had something to do with that Jungkook again knowing how your brother is so worked up with the case. Of course, it has always been Jungkook.

"The Prime Minister investigated the one who attempted to kill Consort Jeon." She sobbed, gripping your shoulders making you wonder, what does that have to do with you? You didn't do anything at all!

"They are going to interrogate the entire Queen's court maids and the chamber."

You knew too well that when it comes to Jungkook's case, everyone would panic especially your brother, and your brother or Jimin would immediately, without doubt, point at your direction. The three of them knows that you're the evil one here. You were the one who always gets in their way, and the one who would do something wicked. But this time, it wasn't your fault.

So who is the one putting the blame on you? Or did they assumed that it was you again? You have always been the bad character here.

Court Lady Kang sniffled, facing you. "You didn't do anything wrong, Your Majesty."

You didn't even know about Jungkook being poisoned— heck you didn't even leave the palace ever since you and Jimin talked that day. And now, they think that you poisoned Jungkook?

You looked at your Court Lady, watching her as she cried for you, and you felt secured that atleast there was someone out there who would be with you no matter what.

"Your Majesty's brother didn't even give you a chance to tell your side." A single tear fell on your cheeks, gripping your skirt and body trembled in anger. Your own brother will be the death of you knowing he doesn't trust you anymore.

And Jimin— did he finally gave up on you? 

"I want to speak to my brother," You scorned, standing up and wiping the tear on your cheeks.

"But Your—" You marched your way outside the Queen's Palace's gate but was blocked by several guards in front of you as you scowled them.

"How dare you block my way?!" You hissed, glaring at them and knuckles turning white as it gripped your skirt tightly.

"Your Majesty, the Prime Minister ordered us to not let you—"

"Is he the law now?!" You snapped at them making them startle as you gritted your teeth in anger. "Is he your King now?!"

Their jaw dropped, lips parted to talk back but you cut them off. "I am the Queen of his country, and I rule beside the King! I am above the Prime Minister,"

You eyed them, growling. "And if anyone dares block the way of the Queen, he or she will be punished, and be killed."

Their eyes widened, immediately stepping back away, and let you have the chance to ran to the prison cell.

Your breath hitched, lump forming on your throat as you heard their loud screams of pleads and helps, and the scene you witnessed right in front of your eyes wasn't helping at all. You watched as your brother interrogated them with weapons to torture them. This way, you clearly saw how vicious and cruel your brother is.

A guard got near him, and whispered something making him nodded in confusion, cowering down as soon as he received the news before he bit his lips His eyes scanned the area, and eyes landed on yours. A sudden wash of guilt could be seen in his behaviour and eyes, maybe realising you weren't the cause of the incident.

You forced out a smile, walking towards him, and flinching all the way as the screams got louder. You heart aches as the screams got louder as soon as they saw you, and you glanced at them before giving out a small and sorrowful smile. You wanted to tell them to hang in there because soon, you will save them. 

"Stop!" Your brother yelled as the guards halted with a bow. You took a glimpse at the maids as they whined and cried for your presence even more. They were glad that you came to the rescue, and then everything will stop now.

Seokjin's gaze fixed with yours before his lips parted, speaking in a low tone of embarrassment and shame. "Y/N..."

Yet you just stood there in silence.

"You didn't—" Another guard came in the scene, interrupting him. You glanced at the object the guard was holding, and your eyebrows furrowed.

"What is that?" Seokjin asked, eyes on the folded white cloth. The guard slowly and carefully opened the cloth revealing some small particles of powder.

"This is what we found at Consort Jeon's residence," The guard informed. "And this is the powder that poisoned the Consort."

And that's when something hit you, eyes widened and snapped at the guard. The guard folded the cloth back before giving it to your brother as you stared at it intensely. You pressed your lips into thin line, before looking back at Seokjin.

"Can I have that?" You blurted out, as your brother looked at you suspiciously.

Seokjin arched his eyebrows. "What are you going to do with it?"

"I want to study it." You forced out a smile. "I want to know what type of poison it is to know what would be the cure."

Jin stared at your for a moment, and just decided to give it a go since you aren't the one who did something to Jungkook— atleast, that way he still have some trust left in you.

"You have always better than those physicians when it comes to situations like this." He nodded, giving you the cloth without any hesitation.

"Thank you." You softly mumbled, grabbing the cloth.

"I'm sory for accusing you." He softly said and you just gave him a small smile. "And I trust you with that."

"Darling!" 

You turned around as soon as you heard the familiar voice you never wanted to hear at situation like this, and only to see the young Queen Dowager. Your eyes widened, immediately hiding the cloth behind your back and gripping it as you gulped down your saliva.

Gladly, she didn't noticed it as she cheekily smiled at you and facing you— unaware. "I heard what happened."

Her eyes scanned the whole palace, looking at the guards in utter disgust as she groaned. "Why are there a lot of palace guards? They should be out here!"

You nodded, just smiling at her nervously and gripped the cloth behind you. The Queen Dowager was no doubt a beautiful Queen, and maybe that's why the former King made her the Queen.

She was like me, innocent yet filthy— in a way where she'll do anything to control husband, and now she's doing the same for me, using me to control Jimin. And yes, the Queen Dowager isn't Jimin's biological mother. It was the first Queen while she was the second queen. But she could still be considered as the King's mother.

Queen Dowager Junsoo is just 10 years older than me and that makes her 35 years of age. She became the Queen at the age of 24 and having the position of Dowager at the age of 30 after Jimin's father died. Jimin and her are in good terms, but he doesn't know the schemes coming up from the Queen Dowager.

And I was always there to protect Jimin from all the schemes she made.

She smiled, leaning on your ears before whispering. "I know how to ease down Jimin's anger so he could shoo away these guards."

"Pardon?" You squeaked, a little bit baffled by her statement.

"So I arranged the day of your consummation tonight!" She giggled, pulling away as your eyes widened.

And you knew you were stuck in one of her evil plans.

a/n:

Historical fics and dramas has been my favorites but then didn't dare to write since all the readers might be bored up until now.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro