6 | Poison

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

CHAPTER SIX

PARK JIMIN'S POINT OF VIEW

The way he stared at me with so much betrayal, hatred and despise tortures my heart in pain. He gritted his teeth, and eyes filled with dismayed and broken tears. I watched him distancing himself away from me, and my heart screamed, beating itself for hurting the one it loves.

Jungkook was shattered into a million pieces as soon as he found out and heard about the consummation last night. Though I ordered everyone to keep their mouth shut but I'm guessing it was the Queen Dowager who blabbered her mouth this time or maybe one of her minions did. Yet I cannot do anything about that.

All I could do was watch Jungkook in tears as he shot me a fire attacks of displeasing words that burnt my heart in every way. The way he spoke with so much anguish completely fragmented my soul and it hurts me so badly.

He inhaled sharply, blinked his tears away and lips quiver in anger. "While I was here lying down—almost dying,"

He pointed at the bed then eyes staring intensely at mine. It broke me.

"You were with her-" he paused, choking his words, and cleared his throat before his voice cracked. "A-And you had sex with her?"

I took a step forward, my hands trying to reach out for him in attempt to comfort him down. "Jungkook—"

"No!" Jungkook yelled, crying as he sobbed, and raised his hand to stop me from going towards him. He even took a step back to distance himself more away from me. "No, I—"

He broke down, knees dropped on the floor as he wailed and screamed making me flinch. I closed my eyes tightly as the images of the queen and I last night played in my mind making me regret the things that I did.

If only I didn't touch her, If only I didn't- Jungkook wouldn't be this damaged.

I bent down, trying to touch him but he shuddered away, and covered his face with his palms. It distressed me to the highest level.

"It hurts, Jimin."

And it hurts my heart to see you cry too, my love.

"It hurts to think that you did it with her," Jungkook's voice cracked, choking his words. "I- I can imagine you doing it with her while..."

He paused, mumbling the next words with so much disappointment, disgust, and distaste. "...whispering those sweet words to her."

And I did say sweet words to her. I did say I loved her, but that was it. I wanted her to feel that she wasn't alone yet and that someone out there still cared for her- like me.

"Jungkook..." I trailed off, dropping on my knees and embracing him in my arms. "I just can't disobey the Queen Dowager's order."

"I know—" Jungkook whimpered making me tightened my embrace to at least stop him from trembling. "I know you can't disobey h-her."

He took a deep breath, pulling himself away as he stared into my eyes. "And I u-understand."

I knew he was being hesitant about it. I knew him too well.

"Thank you." I whispered, pulling him back into my arms as I pressed a soft kiss on top of his hair.

"For w-what?" He stuttered, clutching onto my robe.

"For understanding me." I gave another soft peck on his red ears again making him cutely giggle.

"Of course, I would." He snuggled his head on my torso, and arms around my waist. "I would understand you in every way because I love you."

Those words made me smile and nuzzled on his neck.

"I love you, Jimin." Jungkook muttered, tightly and firmly wrapping his arms around me. "Please don't leave me."

"I know." I whispered back. "I won't ever leave you."

Silence came as we continue being in each other's arms—so peaceful and calm, until Court Lady Min announced from the outside.

"Prime Minister Kim is here to have an audience with Your Majesty!" My eyebrows furrowed, pulling myself away from Jungkook. I looked at Jungkook again, asking for his permission as he just nodded in gesture for me to let Seokjin in.

"Let him in." I informed the Court Lady, and took a glimpse at Jungkook again who was wiping his tears. I cupped his face, bringing his face near to mine before pressing my lips to his with our eyes closed, treasuring the very moment we have.

He pulled away first, slowly opening his eyes. I smiled, pressing another kiss again on his forehead. "Go back to your chambers, okay? I'll be there tonight."

He gave me a small nod and a smile before standing up, leaving the room. I watched as he darted out while Seokjin entered himself in, bowing at Jungkook at the same time.

"Why are you here, Seokjin hyung?" I asked, taking a seat as he sat in front of me after giving me a bow.

"I'm here to discuss something with you, Your Majesty."

"What is it?" My eyebrows ached leaning in, hands on the table that separated the two of us.

"I have to say something about the incident regarding Consort Jeon." Seokjin shivered making me even more demented and confused. Why was Jin hyung being this way?

"It wasn't the Que—" He was cut off.

"Your Majesty!" I jerked, looking at the door—startled. "The Queen's Court Lady has finally confessed and surrendered!"

My eyebrows knitted together, and eyes widened, lips parted in shock and my heart dropped to my stomach. The Queen really did cause the incident?

Seokjin looked at me with wide eyes as well, astonished by the news before standing up as he ran towards the door and slammed it open to see the Assistant of the Royal Guards.

"What are you talking about?!" Seokjin's voice squeaked, eyeing the guard who was on his knees.

"The Queen's court lady confessed that she was involved in the poisoning of Consort Jeon."

My jaw dropped, heart fastened at the thought of the queen. My eyes landed at Seokjin whose face and lips turned pale as he looked at the guard in horror. Before I could say anything, Seokjin immediately ran his way out of my chambers making me stand up and abruptly followed him. I ran after him, not caring about the maids following behind me, and made our way to the interrogating area.

"What are you talking about?!" I heard Seokjin yelled at the Queen's court lady who was now on her knees, pleading for her life.

Court Lady Kang's body trembled in fear as she had her arms laid on the soil ground.

"The Queen- the queen was the one who forced me to poison Consort Jeon."

a/n: just a little favor. This book will be posted on Dreame.com (also available in app) soon, but please support my books and follow me there. It will really help me a lot. 💔

Username: daddiehoseok or just search Risen

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro