Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I trotted through Paris, my reins held tightly in my black leather gloves. It was a mess from the last time I had seen it, the ground was dirty and dusted, beggars on my left and right. I always thought they should have been culled, the air was not as fresh as I remembered, I crossed the bridge into the main town pulling my hood over my head even more, I soon heard horses hooves behind me, I turned and there were three musketeers, I nudged my horse in the ribs and we transitioned into a smooth canter as did the men.

I quickly turned into a side street and pulled on the reins, my horse stopped and we saw the men gallop by. 'How did they know it was me? I hope they weren't warned before hand.' I coaxed my horse out slowly and then carried on our journey to the palace undetected, as soon as we reached the gates I slipped down from my saddle and was received by the queen and king or so I thought the same musketeers were stood in the hall with them.

We all exchanged glances, the king then introduced me, "Acantha Sanse, I've heard a lot about you." The King said approaching me.

I lowered my hood to reveal my long black hair, pale skin and I could feel my yellow eyes glowing, I noticed how they all had roaming eyes as they all travelled over my face as I have two tattoos running down from my eyes almost like black tears and scars line my lips and cheeks, I knew his majesty was at a loss for words. "My you most certainly do live up to your legend," he said finally talking. I just offered a nod and straightened my black leather corset and brushed off my black trousers.

"May I see your son?" I asked. I noticed the king nodded at the musketeers and they left, but one lingered at the back he was dressed all in black, and had short brown hair I knew straight away he was suspicious of me, I then turned my focus back to the king.

"Are you sure you don't want to rest first?" His majesty asked me.

"No, let me see what I am dealing with." I replied demand in my voice.

"Right this way," his queen said and led me to a beautifully decorated room, it was most certainly fit for a prince, there in a pure cot lay their babe, he was pale and sickly in colour. I knew immediately.

"Your son had been poisoned, I advise you to taste his food and drink every time it is bought out, if your majesty's wouldn't mind I can provide that service." I suggested. They both exchanged glances and nodded, I took incense from my bag and put it on the babes chest of draws and lit it. "The smoke will clear his air ways." I took a red serum from my belt, "make sure he has two drops a day of this, it will break down the poison in his body." I explained.

"You're sure this will work?" The king asked me.

"Yes," I nodded.

"Well I'm glad you made it here safely, allow me to show you to your chambers." He said. We walked the halls, the white decor and the richness of the palace was very uncommon to me. When I come to my room it was just as pure and as immaculate as the rest of the palace most of it being white.

"We'll let you settle in and we'll discuss arrangements later," he said, walking out and leaving me to get acquainted with the room, suddenly the bell on the clock tower chimed, it was noon and time for my injection to keep my disease at bay, I quickly took out the syringe from my belt and stabbed it into my leg and pushed the serum in and felt myself return to normal.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro