Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

As soon as Anne and Jack returned to the beach without Vane, I hauled myself onto my horses back and galloped to the path where the ruined carriage and riderless horses stood. I heard grunts and growls as I approached, Woodes Rogers was beating Vane to nothing. I leapt from my horse and using my tiger claw blades I ripped Rogers off him. He tried to punch me, I kicked him back and kicked him in the stomach. Mine and Vanes eyes met briefly as I slit the flesh open on Roger's stomach. I helped a beaten Vane onto the back of my horse. I galloped as fast as I could keeping his arms wrapped around my waist with one hand, I galloped around the cavalry and down a sandbank.

The horse just about managed to keep us balanced on his back, I rushed to the longboat, "hurry up and get to the ship!" I ordered.

"Nerina, you're not coming with us?" Anne panicked.

"No, I need to keep the cavalry off the beach," I said.

"You'll be overrun," Jack said.

"Take him and leave now!" I demanded charging towards the oncoming cavalry. They fired but missed me, I thundered past and killed half of the cavalry, however, Hornigold chased me to the beach, but before he could catch me I leapt off the horse and swam out to the Walrus that waited for me. Climbed up the side, pausing to take a glance back laughing at Hornigold as he galloped up and down the beach. As soon as I reached the deck I threw myself onto the timber, panting and exhausted.

"Nice swim?" Silver asked looking down at me, he offered a hand down to me.

"You're hilarious," I said taking it and allowing him to help me off the deck. "How's Vane?" I leant on the side of the ship, pain coursed through my side I couldn't support myself any longer. Silver looked at me for a moment before looking out at the sea.

"Safe, he's below deck but passed out as soon as he was put in the hammock," he replied. "Anne is angry you went after the cavalry alone..." We were suddenly interrupted by Jack, he said nothing and hugged me to him.

"I forbid you to do that again," he said squeezing me.

"Okay," I said looking up at him.

"I would give Anne a little space, for now, I am sure you would rather not feel her wrath," Jack said, he turned me to face him. "Are you quite alright?"

"Yes," I said pulling his arms off me gently and supported myself on the side I didn't want to stumble over in front of him. I never liked attention on me. As soon as I reached the wheel I leant against the timber and placed a hand onto my side.

"I heard you did a brave thing," Flint said walking next to me.

"Would everyone stop saying that, I did what I had to," I said I walked below deck and to a room at the very back was the hammock that enveloped Vane, I walked in quietly. Anne ignored me, her back kept to me. I sat next to her, Vane was out cold. I took his hand in mine and kissed it, leaning forward caused me pain and made me wince I bit back the whine that threatened to betray my secret.

"You're not okay are you?" She asked.

"I'm fine," I said turning away from her.

"Nerina, I know you," she said.

"Take my word for it," I said.

"Fine, but if you collapse I am not the one who's going to help you," she warned.

"You always were one for tough love," we both huffed a laugh. In no time we reached marooned island, Jack, Anne, Vane and I were taken to a place where we could all keep an eye on him. I sat by the door on the steps, my head leaning on the threshold of the entrance.

"You've been awfully quiet Nerina," Jack spoke up.

"I'm...I'm just thinking," I said trying to control my breathing.

"About?" he inquired walking over to me and sat next to me.

"It could h...have gone worse," I replied looking away as pain twinged up my side.

"When did you stutter?" he asked turning my head to look at him, "you're burning up. Are you sick?" he moved away from me. I shook my head.

"I'm just a little warm," I said hauling myself up off the ground and made my way to the lake. I wanted to get all the peace I could, I knew there was a war on the horizon. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro