Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The next day we were all out walking the shore.  "Are you sure you're okay to be walking about?" Jack asked Vane as he took another swig of rum. 

"I'm fine. The sooner we sail and take back Nassau the better," he replied. 

"You're staying here," I said. We stopped walking and Vane turned towards me in a very disapproving way. 

"This is my fight as much as it is yours," he said. 

"Captain. we're just looking out for your safety," Jack said. 

"Don't," he said and walked ahead of us, Anne and I stopped behind while Jack caught up with him. 

"I wouldn't stop him," she said. 

"I am looking out for his best interests," I said. 

"I know, but don't," she said as we walked behind them, Silver limped over to us. 

"Nerina, can I talk to you for a moment?" he asked, Charles and Jack turned to face him. 

"Yes," I replied. 

"Bring her back safely," Charles said. 

"Of course," he nodded, we walked away from the trio and found shelter in one of the cabins, he threw himself down into a chair and rested his leg.  

"What do you want Silver?" I asked and leant on the threshold of the door. 

"Charles, he looks okay, but is he ready to sail?" he asked. 

"Give him a few more days," I said. 

"Okay," he nodded, I went to walk away, "how are you feeling?" 

"Fine," I replied. 

"Just keep an eye on that wound, cauterizing it is one thing but by the look of you, I think you may have left it too late," he said.

"So you weren't checking up on Charles at all, you wanted to know about me," I said. 

"You're a sharp one," he replied. I walked closer and leant on the desk in front of him. 

"How about you stop worrying about me, and worry about your own men," I said and walked away to catch up with Anne, Jack and Charles. I found them sitting on the steps of our cabin. 

"What did he want?" Anne asked, I sat down next to her. 

"Wanted to check up on Charles, they've been discussing sailing soon," I told her. 

"Charles is in nowhere near ready," Jack said handing me a mug of water. 

"That's what I said," I replied. 

"You people need to stop fussing over me," he chuckled. 

"Can't help it, Captain," I said looking up at him shielding my eyes from the sunlight. 

"Always were a pushover," he said pulling me back onto his legs and gently placed his lips on mine. Flint walked past us ignoring us completely. 

"What did you do?" I asked looking up at Charles. 

"Nothing," he replied, "I have been behaving myself for once." 

"What a change Captain," Jack chuckled. 

"I guess a near-death experience has changed me," he replied. 

"It does us all," I replied looking at Anne. 

"We've saved each other's life more than once," Jack said. 

"And we would do it all over again," I smiled. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro