8 - Staying Home

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Not for a long while did the feeling go away though. Cassie and I decided to stay home today. We called up the school, posing as each other's parents, saying that we both were sick. Cassie got a stomach virus, and I had an intense migraine.

We sat on Cassie's couch, simply cuddling with each other, and enjoying each other's company. That was how I spent most of my day, content.

We fell asleep on each other a few times, a few short naps. There was one point when I was awake, and Cassie was asleep. She'd since taken off her makeup and dress, and was currently in lounging pants and 3/4 sleeves. She looked so beautiful, laying asleep like that. Her eyelids moved, back and forth. She was dreaming. I wondered what it was about. Maybe me. Her lips were ever so slightly parted, the faintest of smiles danced across her face. Her hair say sprawled out around her, like a dark halo. I smiled, and smoothed it with my hand.

I never did get to ask her what she was dreaming about. I fell asleep, and woke up when she was gone. I wandered about her house, and found her in the kitchen.

"Oh man! I was hoping you would stay asleep until I had this done!" She laughed, gesturing to a pan behind her, emanating delicious smells. I couldn't quite place the smell, and she wouldn't let me see what it was, no I just had to wait it out. "So," she said, turning back to the pan. "Thank you for going with me last night, Alex. It was a lot of fun."

"Yeah, it was. Thanks for going with me!" Cassie set the plate down in front of me, and grabbed one for herself. I couldn't believe I was here, in her kitchen, as she cooked a meal for me!

We didn't do much during lunch, just ate and talked a bit. After lunch, Cassie suggested we watch a movie. We decided on one of my favorites, and settled down on the couch.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro