9 - The Day After

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The next day was far more bleak than I had expected. We had to go back to school, so we separated not long after school was due to get out. I got home about the time I usually do, to find my parents waiting for me. Luckily, they didn't seem to know that I'd skipped out on school that day, and the night went without incident. The next morning, I got dressed the way I usually would again, in boring, hide-in-the-crowd clothes. Usually, I was just fine with that, but now, I caught myself wondering what Cassie would think of me dressing this way. Would she see me as some sort of slob? I hope not.

Luckily, I didn't see her most of the day. The few glimpses I did catch, she was looking the other way. For now, I was grateful she didn't see me.

The rest of the week went mostly the same way. As did the rest of the month. I got myself up, dreading that I would be judged by the one person I hoped wouldn't. When I got to school, I spent most of the day trying to hide in the back, hoping she wouldn't see me. If I did manage to see her, Cassie's back would be turned, or she would be dutifully working on something. Did she forget about that night? I hope not. That was the best night of my life, and I often find myself thinking if she saw it the same way.

Months passed. It was about three months after that night at the dance that my phone started to ring. I picked it up and glanced at the caller ID. It was Cassie.

"Hello?"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro