|10|

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It was late when Tom finally made his way back into the cell for lights out- meaning he'd be locked in.

Tom tried to stay as quiet as possible as he ambled towards the desk with the phone on it. He could hardly move, from head to toe he was covered in bruises and dried blood, he hated to admit it, but without Lea he had little to no protection and just didn't really have any motivation either...
he looked at the phone.
Tom felt worthless inside, like nobody needed him...he needed someone to need him.
So, he sat down and grabbed the phone, dialing a number he had countless times before hand, nervously hesitating as he had his finger over the call button after he had punched in all the digits. Part of Tom didn't want to do this...but he knew he had to at some point.

"S-screw it." He slammed a finger down on the call button and listened to the ring with a fast beating heart.

Ring.
Ring.
R I N G.

"H-Hello...?"

Tom's heart fell, knowing who had answered and knowing they would answer.

"Hey, lil' belle..." Tom gave a sad smile.

There was silence before a quiet whisper over the phone, "T-tommy?"

Tom felt his heart ache, "Lilybelle...how've you been, Lils?"

"O-oh my god, big brother..." There was a choked sob over the phone.

"Lil'y sis." Tom smiled.

"How have I been? How have you been! Y-you haven't- I haven't spoken to you s-since your trial! I- what happened to you...?" Lily spoke sadly over the phone.

"I...it's been busy..." Tom thought of the countless times he had used his calls in Roman, "But I'm here now..."

"You're lisping- what's wrong?"

"Just got roughed up a bit- nothing much." Tom chuckled, that was a lie, he had a pounding head ache and his torso was heavily bruised, bottom lip split down the right center and still bleeding, his eye was puffy and his hair was all ruffled up

"Oh my god, Tommy...they're hurting you- you have to tell someone!" Lily gasped.

Tom shrugged, "The guards just watch, Lil, there's not much I can do- it's okay though, I'm okay." He murmured reassuringly to his sister.

"...If you say so..." Lily paused, "Make any new friends yet?"

"Friends? In prison?" Tom chuckled, "I'm glad you're seeing this in a fond light."

"Well, do you?"

Tom paused before sighing, "Well, I have my uh...my cell mate Lea."

"Oo- do tell! I wanna' know all about him!"

Tom glanced over to check that Lea was asleep and sure enough, he was in the same position he'd been in all day, unmoving.

"Well...he's...he's a diamond, that's for sure- there's no copy of him, he's got a unique personality...he can be really caring and companionate sometimes and..." Tom's mind went to the other night, "Kind of...terrifying other times..."

"Oh- is he safe?" Lily inquired.

"Nobody is really safe here to be honest." Tom huffed, "Lea keeps me safe though-"

"You said you were roughed up though?"

Tom bit his lip, "Well, we're not exactly on good terms right now..."

"Oh...I'm sorry..."

"Me too...I'm sure it'll blow over in time..."

"Do you want it to blow over?"

Tom paused to think about this, lifting a hand to the sickly blood on his face and recalling Lea wiping it away in previous cases, he smiled, "Yeah...I really do...I want him back..." He murmured.

Lily giggled slightly, confusing Tom, he was about to ask before she interjected, "Any other people?"

Tom thought, thinking of Brian, "Some Guy named Brian is trying to convince me to ride with his crew or he's going to blackmail me or something."

"My god, Tom, seriously? Tell some- oh right...well, why aren't you helping him?"

"He's an entitled shithole who thinks he can get what he wants-"

"Language!" Lily bit back.

"Relax, I know you've said worse."

Lily was quiet before sighing in agreement, then sure took a moment before replying, "Well..." She began, "Any luck on easing your sentence time wise?"

"Well, maybe if I'm good-"

"Will you be back in time for Christmas?" Lily's voice was hopeful, "I...you make the best hot cocoa- I don't want to not have it without you- Okay?"

Tom felt shattered but couldn't let her down, he just couldn't, "I'll see what I can do, Lily..."

"That's awesome!" Lily giggled happily before hearing a beep, "Whats that?"

Tom became frantic, "Thirty seconds left- listen, Lily, I love you, okay? I'll call in a week, love you to the moon,"

"And back..."

"And back again." Tom smiled.

"And again and aga-" Lily was cut off with the beep of the dial hanging up, his weekly minutes were up.

Tom was frustrated.
About not being able to see his sister.
About Brian being an asshat.
About Lea just sitting there, not moving or speaking.

Tom began to slam the phone down before faltering and slowly dropping it into place. That's when he broke. He slipped down from the chair and to the wall, lacing his fingers through his hair in frustration as he let out a small sob, squinting his eyes shut tight, "Screw this- screw the whole of it." He choked out bitterly, everything hurt, his face, his ribs, his torso, legs, arms, you name it, all battered and bruised.

"I want you to fix me..." Tom whispered out, voice full of sorrow and regret, not knowing who that was directed at.

However, whoever was meant to hear it did, and Tom felt hands on his knees a few minutes later.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro