Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It was a painful sight for Hoseok to see Taehyung and Jimin cuddled together on the floor of the storage room. He hated it. He wished the two humans had stayed home where it was safe. There was no telling how dangerous things could get. While it was true that he would rather be close to his mates than suffer the separation pull of the bond, he would also prefer for his mates to be safe. With Namjoon being a captive, Hoseok had hoped at least keep Taehyung out of harm's way. How was he going to do that now?

"We'll keep them safe."

Hoseok had been so absorbed in his thoughts that he didn't know when Seokjin had approached him."You're supposed to be resting."

Seokjin leaned his side against the door frame and loosely crossed his arms over his chest."And you're supposed to be at the controls." With a sigh, he knew what was on Hoseok's mind. He could tell because he was thinking the same sort of thing."Have a talk with him later. Explain why you're mad. He'll understand."

"You plan to have that talk with Jimin?" It was not lost on Hoseok that Seokjin was upset with Jimin and needed to talk about things with him.

"We're traitors, Hoseok." This was something that was playing through Seokjin's mind."The emperor will want us dead. I'd rather die with Jimin's love than die on bad terms with my mate."

Turning to face Seokjin fully, Hoseok narrowed his gaze."You're not going to die. No matter what, we'll return home together. All of us." He did fear that the humans would get hurt though.

"You should let me take over the controls for a bit so you can get a little rest." Seokjin suggested.

Stepping past the incubus, Hoseok left the storage room, not wanting to disturb Taehyung and Jimin. The two humans seemed pretty exhausted, considering they hadn't been woken by the chatting. When Seokjin followed him out of the room, he shook his head."I'm going back to the controls. Go and rest." He didn't want to give up being in charge, and he wanted to remain alert just in case anything happened.

Seokjin didn't like that. He wanted Hoseok to rest."You can't remain at the controls the whole time. You need to rest and pre--"

"Namjoon left me in charge. That makes me the acting captain of this ship." Hoseok interrupted."Now rest, Seokjin. That's an order."

There was no way Seokjin could argue with that. He still had some behaviors left from his years as a Szarvounian warrior. Following orders was one of those behaviors. He had been conditioned that way from a young age."Yes, sir." With an expression of defeat, Seokjin walked away.

Hoseok knew that it was wrong to take advantage of Seokjin's compulsion to follow orders, but he needed to be a leader right now. Namjoon left him in charge, and he wasn't going to slack. He had never taken the position of captain before, and he wanted to make sure he did it well. Hoseok would never be able to forgive himself if any of his friends were hurt or killed during this important mission. He was determined to save Yoongi and Namjoon and return to Earth.

On his way back to the controls, Hoseok made a stop by the room Jungkook was occupying. He knew what was going to happen once Jungkook would wake up. It was easy to anticipate the young incubus' plan of action."You're going to kill them." he said with a straight face."You'll rip them apart, and it's going to be bloody." He was looking forward to it. Hoseok wanted to make the incubi pay for abducting Yoongi and endangering Earth. He couldn't do it himself though because he wasn't as strong. That was why he was looking forward to seeing Jungkook go wild.

It was apparent in Hoseok's mind that a slaughter was coming. He had seen over the past few years how strong Jungkook had become. With the help of the fueler, he knew the young incubus would be unstoppable until the fuel would wear off. Hoseok had a plan to land on the edge of Szarvoun and sneak Jungkook and Seokjin into the emperor's stronghold. He knew his way around the stronghold, as he had used to work in there before completing the first sections of his training to become a warrior.

The hardest part of that would be keeping Jungkook calm enough to sneak. Under the intoxication of the fueler, Jungkook would be itching to fight and kill."I have no doubt that they've begun star-jumping." Hoseok mumbled to himself as he resumed heading toward the control room."I should start as well." He knew that star-jumping was the best way to travel through space to enter other galaxies. It was also much faster."I haven't star-jumped in over a decade. It won't be pleasant."

---

Hunched over and groaning in discomfort, Yoongi was barely managing to not vomit as he was suffering from severe head rush. The room felt like it was spinning, artificial gravity that kept them grounded to the floor getting lighter then heavier then lighter again at a quick rate."What's...going on..?" He could hardly speak as vomit threatened to come up his throat.

"We're star-jumping." Namjoon answered rather simply. Hearing Yoongi groan, he knew he should explain."Just like the term suggests, the ship is jumping from star to star. It's a very fast way to travel through space. The speed the ship moves while star-jumping is fast enough to be considered teleportation on Earth. The change in the artificial gravity you are feeling is the difference of gravitational pull of each star we get near." It made Namjoon a little relieved to hear Yoongi finally vomit after several minutes of heaving."Come here, Yoongi. I'll try to soothe you."

With much difficulty, Yoongi crawled closer to Namjoon, unable to stand. As soon as he got to the incubus, he collapsed onto the floor and let his head rest on Namjoon's thigh. He felt completely miserable. He had never felt so sick and nauseous before in his life. It was a mystery to him how Namjoon could stand the constant shift in gravity. Maybe the incubus' training had helped him become resilient to this feeling.

With two fingers, Namjoon began to stroke Yoongi's cheek to put the human at ease. He used his other hand to start sifting through the human's hair gently."We'll arrive at Szarvoun soon. Just maybe seven or eight more hours to go."

"Hours..?" That didn't sound pleasant to Yoongi at all.

"We won't be star-jumping the whole time. Don't worry." Namjoon almost chuckled at that little worry. He was trying to keep a positive mind. He had a plan in his head to get Yoongi a suit and breath mask to help him breathe and be somewhat protected from Szarvoun's harsh environment. Hearing Yoongi dry-heave again, Namjoon knew what was coming.

Unable to move in time because of the changing gravity making him feel so dizzy and sick, Yoongi vomited again and unintentionally puked on Namjoon's leg."I-I'm sorry..." he whimpered out, feeling so sick and embarrassed.

There was no way Namjoon could be mad about that."It's fine. It's not your fault. Just try to calm your breathing."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro