Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It would be a massive understatement to say that Hoseok and Seokjin were relieved that Jimin and Taehyung were asleep when Jungkook awoke from the fueler. It had taken some time to calm the youngest incubus down enough to make him cooperate and not destroy the ship. It needed to be explained that they had not reached Szarvoun yet but would be arriving there soon. Jungkook wanted to go back to the fueler upon being told that, but Hoseok convinced him to train instead.

That left Seokjin in charge of the controls for the rest of the trip. Although Hoseok had been left in charge by Namjoon to be the acting captain, there sometimes came a time for the captain to be away from the controls. This was one of those times. It would probably be better for Seokjin to be the one training with Jungkook while the youngest was in a fueler-induced power boost, but Hoseok wanted to be the one to handle him if he got out of control.

It didn't seem to be an issue at the moment, though it was a huge possibility that Jungkook would become unreasonable once they would reach Szarvoun."Just focus, Jungkook." Hoseok egged him on as they trained together."You're going to save Yoongi. Destroy anyone who gets in your way." Balling his hands into tight fists, he got into a defensive position."And right now, that's me. Give me all you've got."

"Yoongi." Jungkook couldn't think of anything else. His fueler-induced power boost left him with a one-track mind, only capable of thinking about his objective. The fueler often had this effect on incubi. Without hesitation, he charged at Hoseok, ramming his shoulder into the half-incubus with enough force to basically throw him to the wall.

Being half-human certainly didn't help Hoseok in such times like this. He was already much weaker than Jungkook without the boost from the fueler. With this boost, Hoseok had to be very careful to not let Jungkook accidentally pummel him. When his back hit the wall, Hoseok ducked down quickly to avoid a punch, diving to the side and somersaulting on the floor to escape the next attack. One thing Hoseok did well was dodge. He had to get talented at that during his training on Szarvoun in order to survive long enough to become a warrior.

Turning around to go after Hoseok, Jungkook's hands remained in tight fists. There was no way this would wear him down or burn up any of his energy. As long as he had this boost, he would be relentless and unstoppable. He would only calm down and become tired once the boost would wear off. Without taking a pause at all, he began swinging his fists at Hoseok, who successfully dodged every potential strike.

They had been going at this for quite a while, and Hoseok was starting to get worn out, but he couldn't let himself slow down. If he did that, Jungkook may end up actually hurting him or worse. After all, the youngest incubus was far from being in the right state of mind."Is that all you got?! Come on!" Those words earned Hoseok a punch to the jaw that knocked him to the floor. He had to quickly roll to the side to avoid a stomp.

Jungkook chased after Hoseok, who proceeded to perform various rolls and sliding maneuvers across the floor to avoid the boosted incubus' kicks and stomps. Having enough of this little cat-and-mouse game, Jungkook swiftly reached down and grabbed Hoseok's ankle, lifting him up from the floor.

Hanging upside-down from Jungkook's grasp, Hoseok used his other foot to kick Jungkook in the face. That did nothing but annoy the youngest incubus, causing him to throw Hoseok across the room. He hit the wall and fell to the floor, grabbing his side."Shit..." This wasn't turning out well. A shout of pain left Hoseok when he was kicked in the stomach, but he saw an opening."Sorry, Jungkook." he growled right before swinging a leg upward, kicking the other man right in the crotch.

As soon as he backed off from that kick, Jungkook growled, watching Hoseok scramble away from him. In the back of his mind, he knew that he shouldn't kill Hoseok. He knew Hoseok wasn't his enemy. However, he was under the influence of the fueler boost. It was like being under the influence of drugs or alcohol. He was intoxicated and not thinking clearly. Spinning around to go after Hoseok, he halted when he didn't see him. Where did he go? Surely, he didn't leave the room.

One of Hoseok's talents was being very sneaky and stealthy. He slipped behind Jungkook and matched his movements to not be noticed. He really needed a break. Reaching up, he tightly grabbed Jungkook's head, making sure his palm was fully against the other's scalp."Numb." He was so relieved when Jungkook collapsed to the floor. That was an ability Hoseok had learned from Namjoon. It was forbidden to use it against other incubi, but Hoseok didn't really live by those rules anymore. Neither did his friends. They didn't need to follow the Szarvounian rules. Of course, it had been over a decade since the last time Hoseok had used this ability, so he leaned down over Jungkook to make sure he was okay."Jungkook?" Reaching out, he used two fingers to gently tap the younger one's cheek.

Jungkook was unresponsive, just staring blankly up at the ceiling. He was in a state of full numbness, unable to move. It wouldn't last long because of his fueler boost, but it would last long enough for Hoseok to rest a bit. As Jungkook stared up at the ceiling, his mind was still racing, full of thoughts of saving his mate and destroying all who stood in his way. Pure rage and violence swarmed around in his head. He would only know calmness again once he would have Yoongi back. Jungkook didn't care if he would need to use the fueler again. He would do anything it took to get Yoongi back home and in his arms.

Leaving the room and closing the door, Hoseok made his way down the long hall. He took a peek into the storage room to make sure Jimin and Taehyung were okay, pleased to see that the two humans were sleeping well enough. At least the noise of training hadn't woken them. Going further down the hall until he reached the control center, Hoseok entered and let out a sigh, effectively getting Seokjin's attention.

"Did you manage to get him to cooperate a bit?" Seokjin asked without even looking at Hoseok.

"Nah. I had to numb him." Lifting a hand, Hoseok rubbed his jaw where he'd been punched. He was surprised Jungkook hadn't broken his jaw. Perhaps the youngest incubus had been able to force himself to hold back a little. Hoseok knew that if he'd taken Jungkook's full strength to his jaw, he would have been screwed.

"You numbed him?" Seokjin looked over at Hoseok now."You know how to do that? Only collectors are taught once they're initiated into the title." Then, it clicked in his mind."Namjoon taught you, didn't he? He's not supposed to do that. Did he teach you recently?"

Hoseok shook his head a little."He taught me a long time ago, before I left Szarvoun. He knew it was against the rules, but he was always willing to bend those rules a little for me. Namjoon was always a straight-laced, obedient collector and captain, but love makes people do stupid things, including breaking rules and laws in some cases." Saying that now made him think of Taehyung, the human who had stupidly come onto this ship with his friend because of concern and love.

"That'll definitely come in handy." Seokjin knew that Hoseok was incredibly useful for this mission, being sneaky and knowing the numbing ability."Now it makes even more sense for Namjoon to choose you as the acting captain, not just because you're one of his mates. You're the best person for the position. You know every language he knows. You're stealthy. You know the numbing ability. And you know the layout of the emperor's dome like the back of your hand. You are priceless to this mission."

"And you will have much better luck controlling Jungkook than I will once we get to Szarvoun because you're his best friend. You're priceless too." Sitting on his knees beside the chair Seokjin occupied, Hoseok leaned his head against the other incubus' thigh to rest."I'll return to Jungkook soon. He got a few hits on me, so I need a moment to rest."

"Be careful. Under the influence of the fueler, he could kill you. You know that." Seokjin warned.

Closing his eyes, Hoseok relaxed."He won't. Even under the fueler's influence, I trust Jungkook to have enough restraint to not kill me. He clearly held back a little. If he hadn't, I'd have a broken jaw and some serious internal bleeding right now."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro