Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Seeing the missing prisoners running through the halls with a very angry incubus close behind was definitely not what Jihoon and Junhong expected to see. They quickly jumped out of the way and watched them pass before looking at each other."Wasn't that the little one?"

"Nevermind him. Wasn't that Jungkook?" Junhong was even more surprised to see the incubus, who was widely known for his strength.

"Wait a minute. THE Jungkook?" Jihoon knew almost exactly who Jungkook was. He had never actually seen him before, but most incubi knew of the incubus who had graduated the training program with the highest strength scores ever achieved."Hasn't he been missing as part of Namjoon's team for four years?"

Not giving another second toward speculation, Junhong was about to run after the well-known incubus and prisoners. However, he didn't take more than two steps before hearing a call from behind him.

"You two!"

The two incubi cautiously turned around to see Chaerin walking toward them calmly.

"I have specific orders for the two of you. You will carry out these orders or pay dearly."

Knowing they couldn't defy the emperor's mate, Jihoon bowed his head obediently."Yes, Ma'am. What are your orders?"

Junhong didn't want to be given orders that would take him away from Yoongi. He also wanted to catch up to Jungkook and get some answers about where he'd been over the past four years. Still, he knew as well as Jihoon what would happen if he defied orders from a succubus of such high status.

"The team of incubi who have been missing until now have landed a ship back here in Szarvoun. Find it. If anyone is aboard the ship, make sure they stay there. If no one is aboard the ship, you are to stay there and make sure none of our dear emperor's warriors find it." Chaerin spoke firmly, making sure these two incubi knew that this was important.

"Yes, Ma'am." Seeing that Junhong was hesitant to follow this order, Jihoon grabbed his hand to give it a tug."We will do that right away."

---

Their destination was the easiest room in the whole dome to find, so the faceless creature didn't fear too much about the enraged incubus chasing after him. Of course, the second incubus who had run after them seemed to have fallen behind from lack of energy to keep up. The creature held Yoongi close and secure, humming to the small one, despite knowing he wasn't understood. This was part of the plan, and he hoped he hadn't frightened Yoongi too much by scooping him up so suddenly, keeping him away from the one for whom he clearly yearned.

Yoongi, on the other hand, was a mess. He didn't know what was happening. Apparently, there was some sort of plan in motion that involved Chaerin and this creature. He was somehow involved as well, outside his own knowledge, being used as a sort of pawn. The thing that broke him the most right now was seeing Jungkook behind them and being unable to dive into his lover's arms."Jungkook~!"

The human's cry for the incubus collected the attention of other incubi within nearby rooms. Not many of them seemed to be present at the time--majority probably being out on scouting missions of sorts--but the ones who were around emerged from the rooms they occupied for various reasons and saw what was happening. Thus, more joined the chase.

Jungkook was so enraged that he could only keep his sight on Yoongi and the creature that held him. He came so close to grabbing the creature, but a sharp turn foiled that. It didn't register in his brain where they were going until he followed the creature right into the massive, circular room that housed the emperor's throne.

Occupying the throne upon that hanging platform was the emperor, who was shocked and appalled by the sudden intrusion."What is the meaning of this?!" He was certainly confused to see the two prisoners enter the room with an angry incubus and some stragglers following behind."Halt, all of you!" he commanded. He had been aware that two prisoners had escaped the dungeon; he'd been awaiting a report on the situation.

The tall creature stopped running, as did the incubi, who all looked baffled and stricken with confusion of their own at this situation. This was all part of the plan though. The creature peered at the emperor then glanced down at Yoongi. Giving a soft hum, he cradled the human close for a moment, as if to reassure him that this was necessary, right before hoisting the small one upward, throwing him onto the hanging platform with the emperor.

This flung Jungkook's already-intoxicated mind further into a frenzy. His mate was just thrown. His precious mate with within arm-length of the cruel emperor. Who should he kill first? The creature or the emperor?

Emperor Minseok reached down and grabbed Yoongi's throat, lifting him up until his feet could no longer touch the platform. As the little human kicked and struggled, he smirked."Warriors, kill the traitor and return that hideous freak to its cell!" he ordered.

Before that could happen though, another command sounded from behind the incubi."Jungkook, kill that bastard emperor!!" Seokjin shouted with rage. Despite being low on energy from the fight they'd already waged in the dungeon, he threw a punch at the closest inbucus. With a couple incubi turning to fight him and a couple others intending to stop Jungkook, Hell broke loose again.

Jungkook had every intention of jumping up onto the platform and slaughtering the emperor to rescue Yoongi, but he was grabbed by two incubi.

It was a struggle for Yoongi to breathe as he was held up by his throat. His air flow wasn't fully obstructed by the emperor's grip, but breathing was becoming difficult. No amount of kicking did any good. It went unnoticed by even his own senses as he feared for his life in the grasp of this evil man that Yoongi most definitely wet himself. This was his breaking point.

In the midst of the fighting, the tall creature sneaked off to the side, where Chaerin was coming in through another door. He hummed at Chaerin, who whispered back before making her way to the platform.

When Chaerin hoisted herself up onto the platform, she lightly touched the emperor's arm."My darling Emperor Minseok, may I have the honors of playing with this little one before we dispose of him? Clearly, he is not right for the dungeon. We will place another of his kind there in his place after we take his world for our own."

Emperor Minseok didn't really have a chance to answer, as Jungkook threw the severed arm of a now-deceased incubus at him."You dare attack your emperor?!" He tossed the human aside, into Chaerin's arms."Stand down or face the consequences!" he warned Jungkook. This warning was actually meant to protect himself. He couldn't fight off the strongest incubus intoxicated in a fueler frenzy.

Seokjin wasn't having so much luck against the two incubi he'd challenged. He managed to incapacitate one, but the other landed some solid hits. He thought he was going to be doomed within a few more hits. That is, until that incubus' head was grabbed and a single word was uttered.

"Numb."

Peering at an angry Hoseok, Seokjin immediately spotted his injury but had no time to ask about it. There were more pressing matters at hand. With the warrior incubi no longer a threat, they watched as Jungkook jumped up onto the platform.

"Stand down!" The emperor commanded, knowing his own life was now in danger."If you stand down now, you will no longer be labeled as a traitor!" He tried to bargain."You can have your warrior status back!" He needed to offer more."You can be a collector! High rank! Anything you want!" His commands were becoming begs as he saw Jungkook ball up a fist."You can--" Blood spewed from his mouth when that clenched fist forced its way through his stomach.

Jungkook's frenzied gaze remained locked onto the emperor for only a few more seconds before he pulled his hand out of the former emperor's body. As Minseok collapsed, the intoxicated incubus now turned his attention to the succubus, who now had his mate.

Seeing that she was going to die if she didn't hand over the small male, she did exactly that. She held out Yoongi, offering him to the terrifying incubus."I have no intention to keep him from you."

"Yoongi." Jungkook took the human into his arms and cradled him, getting no reaction."Yoongi." He tried again, but the human was unresponsive. Yoongi's eyes were open but not focusing. He had reached his limit on what he could handle before breaking.

Chaerin hopped down from the platform and stood beside the tall creature, grabbing his large hand."The plan isn't over." she told him."It's only beginning."

"What plan?" Seokjin approached them, utterly confused and also angry."You planned this?"

Holding up her empty hand in defense, Chaerin tried to remain calm."I've planned this for years, but I never had the opportunity to execute it until now. I honestly thought I'd never have such a perfect opportunity." She glanced over at Jungkook and Yoongi, seeing Hoseok join them on the platform."I was a prisoner to the emperor as well, you know. As his mate, I had special privileges, but I could never be free from him. I could mate with anyone I wanted, on the condition that I always returned to him. I started to desire someone else, a new mate, but I was bound to the emperor."

Putting what he was hearing and seeing together, Seokjin's gaze flicked to the creature before returning to the succubus."You mean..."

Chaerin nodded."I wish for him to be my new mate, but the emperor was in my way. I no longer wished to return to the emperor, but I had to. With Minseok now dead, I can be with the one I desire. But this is only the beginning. News of his death will start a massive conflict."

"What are you planning to do now?" Seokjin had a feeling that he and the others couldn't just easily leave Szarvoun after this.

"War." That single word left Chaerin's lips with pain."Any incubus who chooses to fight on my behalf shall fight against any incubus who will still fight for Minseok's causes."

"A civil war." Seokjin knew that was inevitable. The deceased emperor's loyal followers would have to fight the ones who will choose to follow a new leader."I will stand with you." Lowering himself into a kneel, Seokjin gave his support."Empress."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro