Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

For the next two weeks, everything was difficult. Getting their lives back on track wasn't even a priority yet. Jimin lost his job because of the unexplained absences during their time in space. He didn't really mind though. He used his freedom to spend time with Taehyung, who had called his job to formally quit; they played games, watched movies, talked about their fond memories from the past few years, and turned a corner of Taehyung's bedroom into a shrine in honor of Namjoon. Jimin even quietly handled his own grief and sadness by beginning to sleep in Seokjin's bedroom and wearing the incubus' clothes every so often.

Taehyung clung to Jimin. He became so dependent on his best friend during this time, and he often found himself hoping he wasn't burdening him, though Jimin would occasionally tell him that he wasn't. Taehyung wished Jimin could stay with him all the time, but he also knew that he wasn't just going to move in with him and leave Yoongi and Jungkook. It was a rather needed relief when it was decided that Jihoon and Junhong would live with Taehyung. With that, he wasn't alone. His new incubi housemates would tell him stories about Namjoon that were previously told in Szarvoun, tales of Namjoon's success as a collector and his high scores in training exercises. When he would cry during these talks, Jihoon and Junhong would slowly learn how to comfort him as friends.

During these weeks, Yoongi and Jungkook spent so much time together. They did whatever they could to ease each other's pain, as well as doing their best to help their friends. They arranged and held a memorial for Namjoon, embracing Taehyung in the center of the group hug that followed. There were numerous 'fremily' dinners--named by Jimin--that were accompanied with either gaming nights or movie marathons. Being so caught up with helping everyone else, Yoongi did have to be pushed by Jungkook and Jimin to start processing and treating his own grief.

It took time, but Taehyung eventually apologized to Yoongi for his outburst at the news of Namjoon's passing. He was forgiven, Yoongi understanding the pain and holding nothing against him. Maybe that even brought the two of them closer together.

Whenever Yoongi would be with his friends, Jungkook found himself spending any spare time with Junhong, his younger brother. It was such a strange feeling to have a brother, but he liked it. Of course, he would never put Junhong over Yoongi, but he couldn't put Yoongi over Junhong either. It was weird for him. Someone else was on the same priority level as his mate. Getting to know Junhong was uncomfortable at first but quickly became a fun experience. Jungkook would take Junhong and Jihoon to the gym and show them how to use the equipment. He would take them shopping and spend hours explaining what different items were.

Despite how hard things were, they were getting through it all together. They were going to be okay. But they often found themselves stopping, wishing to know that the others were okay too.

---

But how well could things go during a war?

"Stay with me!"

The pressure being applied to his stomach could barely be felt as Seokjin struggled to open his eyes. Each time he got them open, his vision was too blurry to see what was happening around him. Within a second or two, a piercing headache would force him to shut his eyes again. Though he couldn't process what was happening, he would always recognize Hoseok's voice.

"I've got you!"

Seokjin felt honored to have such a reliable friend by his side during this brutal fight. Through the pain, he smiled.

"Why are you smiling, you jerk?!" Hoseok fought back tears as he continued to press his hands to Seokjin's stomach, doing his best to slow the bleeding from a wound inflicted by a steel blade."I'm scared, and you're just smiling!"

"I'm not scared..." Seokjin spoke softly, unable to use his voice much."I'm glad...Even happy...We're...doing a good thing...You're by my side...and we're going to win..."

"How can you say that?!" Sniffling, Hoseok was struggling to not panic."You're dying! You're fucking dying! I can't stop this much bleeding! More are coming, and I can't fight them without you!"

Seokjin thought otherwise."If you can get back...to Lady Chaerin's forces...you'll be okay...And I know...You'll annihilate anyone who gets in your way..."

"How can you have this much faith in me?! I can't do it alone!" But Hoseok didn't get another word. Tears fell down his cheeks when Seokjin went completely limp and unresponsive."Seokjin." Nothing."Seokjin, you jerk! Smiling at me like that when you know you're leaving me!" Hoseok had seen many incubi die already during this war, but Seokjin was one of his best friends.

With his hands covered in Seokjin's blood, Hoseok rose to his feet and clenched his fists. He would find the incubus who killed his friend. He would destroy anyone who got in the way of his vengeance. And as he left their makeshift hiding spot, little did he know that he wasn't alone.

Large hands grabbed Seokjin from the ground and pulled him away into the debris from battle.

Hoseok went straight into the force of oncoming enemy incubi, no thought of his own possible demise. It wasn't even on his mind's radar. He had no physical weapons but his fists. Even so, he was armed with his stealthy tactics, swift movements, and a few spells. Like something within him was unlocked, Hoseok became unstoppable, even without the help of a fueler boost. Rage took over him.

This was different than the loss of his mate. Namjoon's death had devastated him, made him unable to function for a while. He had quickly killed Minhyuk. But now, there were many people who had to pay. He wasn't suffering the loss of a bond. Instead of grief, he grew unbridled rage. He just lost a dear friend...

And he was going to make it everyone's problem.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro