33: Meet Juno

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Are you leaving tonight then?" Dom asked you, making conversation as you, him and Kibi carried materials to the crafting station that had been set up.

"Yeah, or tomorrow morning. I'm not in a big rush, but I'm excited to see my friends I grew up with." Your pace slowed down to allow Kibi to keep up. "Reza the bush dog, Kari the cassowary, Mina the kangaroo mouse and Yuto the giraffe. We probably look weird to all of you, but we were super close the whole time."

"Bush dog, eh? They must be pretty similar to you. Too bad there isn't anyone like that here besides a loser like Fudge." Kibi teased.

"Hey! I'm AWESOME!" Fudge rounded the corner with more supplies and defended himself. Behind him came a gray wolf you weren't familiar with.

"Oh, Juno." Kibi shook his head. She was walking with such grace and appeal that even an herbivore like him had to appreciate it.

"Morning, Juno. Are you getting used to being in the actor team?" Dom offered calmly.

"Oh!" She turned around, just now realizing she was being spoken to. "U-Um, Dom, is Legoshi here? Or coming here today?" Your ears fell down immediately. The rumor had to have been true. You turned and started to walk, but Fudge held you back.

"Hm? What?" Dom turned around now to face the wolf. "Why do you want to know?" It came off a bit more accusatory than he probably meant, but inwardly it made you happy that he was protective over his crew.

"Ah, u-um, because... He saved me like not that long ago and I just want to thank him some how..."

"I'm sorry." Dom put on a very plastic looking smile. "Right now, Legoshi's out of the school preparing for the meteor festival."

"Oh. Really?"

"Do you need me to tell him anything for you? That way you don't have to bother yourself with finding him."

"No, I'm fine. Thank you. I'll help you with these boxes, though." She walked beside your group, not having acknowledged anyone but Dom. "Um, what kind of animal is Legoshi? Gray wolf, obviously, but I only know he's really nice and a bit mysterious."

Kibi bumped you and made eyes at the girl. You rolled your own eyes and walked forward, faster, wishing to be left alone. "He's a strange boy... but he's opening up and revealing more sides to him, making him very pleasant to be around. Very pleasant for some of us." You scoffed at Dom's hinting. "He's actually quite stubborn, meek and very loyal, if not entirely clueless. Well, I guess you could say he's not actually very different from normal high school boys."

"I see... I can see that." She set down the package. "Well, thanks! I should be getting back to practice. Let's talk again!" And she was off with a zoom.

"...Let's..." Dom responded. "Not." the door was shut as he finished his sentence. "Oh my, what is going on with our dear Legoshi? When did he become such a smooth operator?!"

"That guy! What happened to our single boys alliance!? We had only agreed to break it for YN! Did he seriously manage to steal Juno's heart? The cutest predator rookie in the club?!" Kibi's face looked like it was going to explode.

"He's going to become a normie..." Fudge shook his head. "We need to have a talk with him when he comes back."

"Have fun with that. I'll be away." You smiled and covered your fangs with your hand. "Poor guy, everyone's always on him."

Dom pulled you into a hug, but you pushed him away, a bit aggressively to his surprise.

"Everyone can stop pitying me, I don't even like him! I never said I had a crush on him, I don't care if he dates and honestly, if I ever see him again!" You gave a whimpering growl and stomped away.

"Do you think she'll admit it any time soon?" Fudge asked Dom.

"No. Not until Legoshi figures himself out. And we know how long that might take."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro