34: Thoughts, Feelings and Instincts

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

He wasn't sure how he ended up in front of your dorm. He didn't know what room, or what side or even if you were there, but tears streamed down his face as he looked up, thinking about the comfort he so desperately wanted.

"L-Legoshi?" Your voice rang softly behind him. "Are you okay? Lost?"

Immediately, you were swooped into a hug and sat on the ground.

"Predatory instincts disguised as romantic feelings..." He sobbed quietly into your forehead. "Is that something you feel? Do you love your herbivore friends to disguise your urge to maul and maim them?" You shivered in his arms, despite the immense warmth.

"No, I truly love them. I want to protect them from dangers. I want to hear them laugh." Your heart raced in your chest, bound up feelings finally getting to loosen up just a bit. "I want to stop them from crying..."

"Help me stop crying, YN. I don't think they're romantic feelings, but that means I want to kill her. Eat her." His entire body shook violently. "I'm so scared."

Your cold nose pressed into his warm neck and slowly, you began grooming the wild, gray hair that covered it. It had a slightly salty taste, unsurprisingly, but as you licked and groomed him, it went back to the same taste it had had before.

"I want to forget everything I saw out there. I want to pretend the things I saw in the black market weren't real... Everything!" Legoshi collapsed back onto the grass with you in his arms, now moving onto grooming the tear stains on his face. "If that's what being grown-up means... I don't want to. But I know I want to stand on my own two feet. Even though they have sharp claws and are made to hurt... I want to be brave,"

"And be different." You finished for him and he turned to look you in the eyes. Your eyes weren't as cloudy tonight, but they were definitely more closed off than ever.

"You understand..."

"To a point." You moved onto the other tear stain. "The feelings I have aren't as strong. And I'm not an apex predator. But I don't want to be what any herbivores are afraid of."

"You're not my species... but when you touch me, I can feel myself relax." Legoshi closed his eyes. "It's not what we learned in biology. Not that you've had that lesson yet."

"I suddenly have all these thoughts, feelings and instincts. I don't know what to do with them... You don't either, but I feel comfortable sharing them."

"Legoshi, Legoshi, Legoshi..." You swirled his name around your tongue. "No one knows what to do with them... You just have to pick which to act on and which to pretend were never there..."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro