18. Annyeong Eomma ~~

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

With the chaos of the recent scandal behind them, Kim Soo Hyun and Kim Ji Won looked forward to some semblance of normalcy. Their love had been tested and emerged stronger, but now it was time for another significant step in their relationship.

After going through all the levels of disappointment with his dad, Soo Hyun decided it was time to focus on things that really mattered, and for Ji Won to meet his mother, who had just returned from a long-term trip. Now that their dating news was public, he wanted to introduce the two most important women in his life to each other officially.

"Ji Won, how would you feel about meeting my mom?" Soo Hyun asked one evening as they worked on the canvas paintings.

Ji Won looked up, her eyes widening slightly with surprise but also excitement. "I would love to. I've heard so much about her from you. She sounds like a sweet lady"

Soo Hyun smiled, reaching out to hold her hand. "She's been eager to meet you too. Now that she mentions your name in our text more than mine. She's back, I think it's the perfect time."

The following weekend, they made the trip to his mother's house. Ji Won felt a mix of nerves and excitement. She wanted to make a good impression, knowing how important family was to Soo Hyun. Unlike what Ji Won imagined, their car parked in front of a small house that looked rather nostalgic. Sit behind the small gate was a front yard space with some herb plants put in a trail leading to the main door. 

Soo Hyun's mother, Mrs. Lee, welcomed them with open arms. She was a warm and elegant woman, her smile radiating kindness as she greeted Ji Won.

"Omo uri Ji Wonie, neomu neomu yeppuda," she said, embracing her warmly. "This young man has told me so much about you."

Ji Won felt her nerves melt away in the embrace of Mrs. Lee's genuine warmth. "Nae annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Lee. It's an honor to meet you as well."

As they settled in, Mrs. Lee and Ji Won found themselves engrossed in conversation. The place sparked a cozy sense, and Soo Hyun's mom's cookies were the best as well. Ji Won remembered Soo Hyun once mentioned that his mom refused to switch to bigger house because, since he moved out, she would spend most of her calendar on traveling, and also the memories saved in this place were priceless to her.

"So Ji Wonie, how are your parents? Are they all in Seoul?", Mrs. Lee excited to learn more about her future daughter-in-law

"Ah nae, they are all good. Actually my parents and unnie all reside in The States, in Chicago to be exact. My maternal family is also there"

Mrs. Lee, a natural traveler, widen her eyes, "Jinja? Then you two, pali pali, get married for me to check one more city off my to-go list", her voice enthusiastic

Without a word, Soo Hyun, sitting on their side ever since they entered the house, quickly reached out to lift Ji Won's left hand up, the sparkling engagement ring fixed on her finger, that left Mrs. Lee extremely astonished, followed by her happy tears.

"Aigoo, these two kids! When? Why didn't you tell me?", she gently punched Soo Hyun's lap before turning to Ji Won, "Aegy, call me mom now. Welcome to the family!" 

Their conversation was relentless with stories about their travels, their favorite books, and their mutual love for cooking. Ji Won's sincerity and down-to-earth nature quickly won over Mrs. Lee. All of the sudden, she stood up to go inside then came back with a scarf in her hands.

"Ji Wonie, this one is for you", Mrs. Lee considerately wrapped the scarf around Ji Won, "I found some nice yarns in Europe and crocheted it myself. I think this color looks really good on you" 

"Where is mine then?", Soo Hyun burst out of his jealousy

"Nothing for you. I gave you many your entire life, and you always picked the trendy, expensive ones over mine", Mrs. Lee complained with no mercy

"Aigoo, I guess I am a third wheel now. Alright...gonna go make myself some tea to warm up this heart then", Soo Hyun left the couch with his pout.

Even from a distance, he could hear the laughter and couldn't help the surge of happiness fulfilled his heart. Seeing his mother and Ji Won connect so effortlessly filled him with contentment. However, as the days went by and he got busier with filming the second season of "Knock Off," he began to notice just how close the two women were becoming, especially when Ji Won, a family-driven person, was constantly away from her parents.

Ji Won often visited Mrs. Lee's place, spending afternoons cooking, gardening, and talking about everything under the sun. The bond between them grew stronger with each passing week. What started as polite conversation soon turned into deep, heartfelt discussions. Mrs. Lee shared stories from Soo Hyun's childhood, and Ji Won opened up about her own family and dreams.

One day, Mrs. Lee taught Ji Won how to make kimchi, a recipe passed down through generations. As they worked side by side, Mrs. Lee's voice stumbling before envisioning Soo Hyun and Ji Won's future.

"You know, Ji Won, Soo Hyun is approaching forty," Mrs. Lee said, her hands deftly working the cabbage. "And you're already thirty-three. Have you two thought about adding a new member to our family? Our family could use some new joy, and I think you both would make wonderful parents."

Ji Won blushed, feeling a mix of excitement and pressure. "We've talked about it. I think we both want to make sure we're ready, but it's definitely in our plans."

Mrs. Lee nodded, her eyes softening. "There's no rush, of course. I just want you both to be happy. But know that when the time comes, I'll be here to support you both in every way I can."

Something has seriously changed after their first meeting The bond between Ji Won and Mrs. Lee grew deeper with each passing week. They cooked together, shared their thoughts on various topics, and even started a small vegetable garden in Mrs. Lee's backyard. Ji Won's sincerity and warmth quickly won Mrs. Lee's heart. They found solace in each other's company, and Ji Won began to see Mrs. Lee as a second mother. The new normal always included some Soo Hyun's mom's homemade cookies in the couple's own house; when Soo Hyun couldn't call Ji Won, he called her mom to send his message; Ji Won would sleep at her house during the day on the busy days of Soo Hyun; The gifted scarf became Ji Won's favorite that whole winter. Their new bond witnessed Soo Hyun's mom's decreased frequency of traveling, and she now enjoyed Ji Won's back massage for her and braiding Ji Won's hair. 

This whole winter spent with Soo Hyun's mom presence was definitely a warm one to Ji Won. One afternoon, as they were planting a lemon tree, Mrs. Lee turned to Ji Won with a serious expression. "Ji Won, I want you to know how much it means to me to have you in Soo Hyun's life. He's been through a lot, and seeing him so happy with you is all a mother could ask for."

Ji Won paused, touched by her words. "Thank you, Mrs. Lee. I love him with all my heart. He means everything to me."

Mrs. Lee smiled, placing a hand on her arm. "I can see that. And please, call me Eomma."

Ji Won's eyes welled up with tears of joy. "Thank you... Eomma."

"By the way, this weekend is Soo Hyun's birthday. Do you guys have any plan?", Mrs. Lee curious

"We talked about it, but probably just a small celebration in the evening of us two. His schedule is packed in the morning", Ji Won pouted

"Just gift him a child", Mrs. Lee's suggestion made Ji Won blush so hard in an instant

That evening, Ji Won asked him to stop by his mom's house to pick her up. When Soo Hyun returned from filming, he found Ji Won and his mother sitting on the porch, sipping tea and chatting like real friends. He joined them, feeling a renewed sense of gratitude for the two women who had become the anchors in his life.

"How was your day?" Ji Won asked, handing him a cup of tea.

"Busy, but good," he replied, taking a sip. "How about you two? What did you get up to today?"

Mrs. Lee smiled. "We planted some lemon and had a long chat about what to gift you on birthday. Ji Won is a natural in the garden."

Soo Hyun grinned, his earlier feelings of exclusion fading away. "I always knew she had a green thumb."

"Come on in, I made your favorite dishes, let's have dinner together since I will be out to Thailand on your birthday", Mrs. Lee pushed both of them back inside the house

As the sun set, casting a warm glow over the garden, Soo Hyun felt a profound sense of peace. Ji Won's bond with his mother was a testament to the love and harmony they had built, and he couldn't be more grateful.

Soon Soo Hyun's 38th birthday approached. As they said, he had been fully occupied since early morning. Later that evening, as planned, Soo Hyun came back home, drained yet happy with the preparation Ji Won made. There was a small cake looked like she made it herself lit up with some candles.

After his wish and blowing out candles, a deep kiss made up for all of his tiredness of the day.

"You should try it", Ji Won suggested while scooping, "Eomma helps me made it before she leaves for the airport"

Cupping her cheeks in his hand, Soo Hyun felt so contented. "I'm happy that you and my mom get along so well. This does taste very much like home...Alright, where is my true gift?" 

His words suddenly reminded her of what his mom said the other day. Ji Won's heart raced like crazy in the very moment that she absentmindedly avoided his gaze. 

Ji Won's tongue slightly stumbled. "Mwo?". She knew exactly what he meant by that, but the universal call seemed too obvious that she wanted to hit the decline button immediately. Kiss him or not, one thing may lead to another...She tried to change the topic, "But you know, your mom loves you so much. She's just excited to spend time with me because she's missed out on so much of your life while she was away."

He nodded, appreciating her honesty. "Aigoo, it's just strange seeing you two so close while I am so lonely and busy on set. I guess I just need to adjust.". He even pouted at some points, and Ji Won wasn't sure if that was because she was acting dumb upon his request or what.

She snuggled closer, wrapping her arms around him. "We'll make time for us too, I promise. And don't worry, you'll always be the most important person in my life."

But one kiss would never be enough, their lips met again as Ji Won initiated. Soo Hyun leaned over to push it further before picking her up to the couch. Amidst their kiss, he chuckled. "Gomawo, Ji Wonie. And make sure you always love me most. I don't want her to replace my position anyway". He also secured his arms around Ji Won as if someone would steal his baby. The kitchen island, the grand couch, the chandelier all witnessed their fervent intimacy, if there was a true universal call, it would be meant to be. How could she disappoint her birthday guy?

Day by day, Mrs. Lee was then used to Ji Won's presence. She invited Ji Won to a charity event she was hosting. Ji Won, eager to support, joined her and quickly found herself immersed in the preparations. Mrs. Lee introduced her to friends and acquaintances, proudly presenting her as the future daughter-in-law. Ji Won's irrefutable reputation only rose higher as time progressed.

Ji Won felt deeply honored and began to see Mrs. Lee not just as Soo Hyun's mother but as a mentor and friend. They shared countless moments of laughter and joy, solidifying their bond.

As Ji Won and Mrs. Lee's relationship flourished, Soo Hyun couldn't help but feel a little envious. He missed the days when it was just him and his mother. But seeing the happiness in Ji Won's eyes and the warmth in his mother's smile reassured him that this was how it was meant to be.

One evening, as they sat together after dinner, Mrs. Lee brought up the topic of their future again. "Ji Won, Soo Hyun, have you two thought about a wedding?"

Soo Hyun looked over to her while his hands intertwined with Ji Won's, his eyes sincere and firm. "We have, eomma. But I still have some more works to finish, so does Ji Wonie. I want to make sure I have enough time to take best care of her once it happens"

Mrs. Lee nodded, her face lighting up. "I understand. Just know that our family is small, I'll always support your idea of expanding it"

Soo Hyun smiled, teased her back. "Eomma, gomawo. I can't wait to secure this lady either. We won't make you wait for too long"

As they drove home that night, Ji Won turned to Soo Hyun, her hand resting on his. Suddenly, she brought it up for a kiss, "Your mom is so kind, and nice, and everything. I promise I'll never run away from you heheng"

He squeezed her hand, "Show me if you dare", still, his heart full, "I'm glad you two have bonded so well. It makes everything feel even more perfect."

Ji Won leaned her head on his shoulder, content. "We're a family now, Soo Hyun. And I couldn't be happier."

---------------------------------------------

- VOTE VOTE VOTE, PLEASEEEE, FOR OUR KIMKIM

- See you guys on Friday's chapter

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro