39. The Reasons Of My Smiles

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Ji Won's 36th birthday followed shortly after the Chuseok, and this year she got herself two most valuable gifts of all times, Kim Ji Yong and Kim Soo Bin. With changes in her life, this year the queen only demanded a celebration at home as she wanted to include the kids in her birthday party as well. The crying was, obviously, unavoidable, yet Soo Hyun found a better way for them to handle it.

With a lofi melody put on the vinyl player, he prided himself in such an idea, "How does this ASMR work for you? Better than the raining sound or thunder sound?"

"Aigoo, you always make my life better, no doubt" - Ji Won burst into laughter in front of a homemade red velvet cake and his silly idea

"Speaking of which, should we move to the gift part?" - Soo Hyun suggested with a playful look

"Oh, is there one?" - Ji Won surprised as she recalled not any specific demand

Soo Hyun handed her an envelope with a contented smile, "Here, open it"

Ji Won's expression was perplexing. Slow yet sure, she separated the glue - "SWITZERLAND - THE ETHEREAL LAND" - a brochure with a bold title revealed

"Yeobo, this is..." - Ji Won looked up

Swiftly switched to her side, Soo Hyun took her in his embrace, "What do you think?"

"Wh...What should I think?" - Ji Won stumbled

Their lips met each other in a tender kiss. Soo Hyun pleasantly let himself be drowned in the emerging love for her, the love that never before witnessed a decline. Ji Won's heart was dancing just the same, the births of their children only strengthened the bond that existed.

A deep look of him sent to her eyes, "I want to take you on a trip to Switzerland. What do you think?

"You do?" - Ji Won was too stunned to speak at the present

"Kim Ji Won, you know what we have missed?" - Soo Hyun found her expression amused

"What?" - Ji Won still couldn't load the context

"A honeymoon" - Soo Hyun leaned in for a peck on her forehead - "I am sorry that we never get to experience our honeymoon, but so many obstacles right after the wedding"

"You really mean it?" - Ji Won's eyes started to well up with tears

"You may not believe me, but I carved this to my heart from that one time at your fan meeting, and you said you wanted to visit Switzerland" - Soo Hyun recalled - "But for these ups and downs, we could have been there earlier"

"Yes, yes, and yes. A thousand times yes" - Ji Won couldn't help her tears and a tight embrace for him - "Saranghanda, gomawo, Soo Hyun ah~~ You're always the one that completes my life"

"Ji Wonie, you were, are and will always be the reason of my smiles" - Soo Hyun reassured his love for her, and happily checked one thing off his list.

Blowing out the candles, her only wish was for their life to stay forever this good and better.

—--------------------------------------------------

These days the twins started to crawl around the house making their look-after tasks only escalated. Every sharp corner and electrical outlet around the house was carefully covered to ensure the safety of the twins. As much as they treasured every stage of the kids' development, both were exhausted chasing them around.

"Why did you buy such a big house?" - Ji Won breathed heavily after a busy morning

"I really didn't foresee this scenario years ago" - Soo Hyun was sweating as well.

"Are they too active or are we old?" - Ji Won frowned seriously

"Well...you already knew that they resemble my characteristics, which includes the good stamina" - Soo Hyun only spoke the truth

"Don't even know if that's good or bad" - Ji Won rolled her eyes.

Yes, they had a fair genetic share on their kids, fun!

After much stress of being first-time parents, Ji Won agreed to hire a chef to prepare for the solid food phase of the two, and it turned out to be one of the most decent decisions in her life. With the expert's support, both Soo Bin and Ji Yong all seemed to cooperate and very much enjoy their first bites. They both grew beautiful and smart, their cognitive ability has progressed to the level where they can give their appa's supportive laughs at his bland jokes, not much but that was enough to be appreciated.

With that being said, the caregiving tasks were then shared equally among the couple and some hired staff, including the nanny, the early development teacher, and the grandparents. Next month, right after the new year celebration, Ji Won's parents will come back to the States, which would be fine. The couple would fully be capable of handling their twins by then, and they would have more reason to travel when the grandparents lived far away.

The kids were then in their 9th month when Ji Won started to welcome back the job proposals. By now, after efforts of gaining back her best appearance, her busy schedule progressed in no time. Ji Won was still one of the most wanted actresses in the industry for her aging like a fine wine, and some more reasons.

"Two scripts awaiting response, and 4 commercial deals" - Ji Won exclaimed during her lunch break with Soo Hyun - "And you know what?"

"What?" - Soo Hyun looked up from his food

"3 out of 4 of them are mother-baby related products" - Ji Won pursed her lips

"Jinja?? They're already in high demand haha" - Soo Hyun excited

"Nah~~ I am not looking for something like that. They should just grow up in peace" - Ji Won insisted

"Geurae, I think so too. Anyway, being welcomed is a kind of born talent haha" - Soo Hyun was so proud at his kids

Lunch break was a precious oasis in their workday desert. The couple seized every spare moment for a brief respite, strolling together before diving back into their tasks. As they shared a quiet bench, a tempest of memories stirred within Soo Hyun. Unable to contain his surging emotions, he pulled Ji Won into a comforting embrace. In that silent moment, the world faded away, leaving only the two of them.

*zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz*

"Yobeoseyo..." - Soo Hyun picked up his phone - "Mwo?? Fighting???"

"Nae, Soo Bin left a small scratch on Ji Yong's arms as well" - a voice echoed from the other end caused them to stand up immediately. Ji Won even choked on her water

"What?? Aigoo, quick, let's go home" - the couple pushed each other to their car in a flash

One saying had never gone wrong - "With a new day came new obstacles" - What a mess! A fun mess! Their parenthood was filled with a good variety of situations, which added spices to their life.

—-------------------------------------------------

Despite their busy life role-playing both parents and celebrities, Ji Won had set her solace in Soo Hyun's arms. One evening after singing the kids to sleep, they spent some time on the couch for a book before bed.

"When do you start filming your new project?" - Soo Hyun popped a question

"Early October, as I remember" - Ji Won focused on the pages - "What's about it?"

"Nothing, just asking" - Soo Hyun pulled her in his chest, savoring their quiet moment

With Ji Won reading in his arms, Soo Hyun played on his phone for a while. She, too, enjoyed such moments without paying any more attention to the surroundings.

"Please book our family a fortnight in Switzerland on the first half of this September. Thank you!" - message sent before Soo Hyun turned his focus back to the cuddling wife.

"Ah, also, I have something to show you", Ji Won suddenly sat up reaching out to a zipped package

"What's that?" - Soo Hyun curious

Delight sparked in her eyes, Ji Won tenderly opened the box to reveal a stunning photo album and a stack of newly developed pictures, each one capturing the precious faces of Ji Yong and Soo Bin. With meticulous care, she had gathered and printed these heartwarming moments, documenting their most significant milestones: their first skin-to-skin bond, their joyful homecoming, their peaceful slumber, their initial rolls and crawls, and countless other precious memories.

Without a word, Soo Hyun took her into his arms again with a great sense of gratitude, "Kim Ji Won-ssi, you're our best eomma. Thank you for being with us"

"Imagine when they can babble our name", Ji Won envisioned the scene

"And that would make me the happiest person on earth", Soo Hyun leaned his forehead against hers

Ji Won exhaled a sigh of contentment with eyes smiling from her cheek. That evening was dedicated to placing every of the pictures into a chronological order, but there were nearly a hundred of them. Their happiness was just that simple!

—-----------------------------------------------

The weeks that followed found Ji Won caught in a delicate dance between her career and her maternal duties. Her children remained her unwavering focus, yet the demands of her work often left her feeling weary. Time had become a precious commodity, no longer a flexible resource as it had been in the past. As soon as filming wrapped, Ji Won would vanish without a trace. Soo Hyun found himself loving two very different women: the harried housewife Ji Won and the glamorous superstar who captivated audiences on screen.

Today was another busy day, and Ji Won was counting down the final moments of the interview so she could go home to her children. Lately, Ji Yong and Soo Bin had grown increasingly attached to her, their little hearts filled with a sweet longing whenever she left. Each time she stepped out, they clung to her, their tiny arms reaching out for her embrace only made her want to come back home sooner.

Following her recent routine, Ji Won bypassed the usual steps of makeup removal and changing clothes after the interview, her feet carrying her swiftly towards the building's exit. Just as she was about to leave, her phone began to ring.

"Annyeong yeobo", it was Soo Hyun calling

"Ji Wonie, are you at the Chungdam building for interview" - his voice hustled

"I am, but also about to leave in seconds" - her voice sounded excited

"Stay there, you need to go to a place with me. I am only 5 minutes away to pick you up"

"Wait, is it important? I have to go home to the kids" - Ji Won perplexed

"It is important. Wait for me" - Soo Hyun insisted before hanging up

A little flustered by the unexpected exchange, Ji Won nonetheless complied with Soo Hyun's request and waited patiently at the reception desk. Five minutes later, his car pulled up, but it was the company vehicle rather than his personal one. Puzzled, she thought, "Why would he need me at work?" As she stepped out, she was met with an unexpected sight: Soo Hyun, Ji Yong, and Soo Bin were all inside the car!

"Omo, you three...What are you all doing here??" - Ji Won surprised

"Get on! We're going to Switzerland" - Soo Hyun made a statement

"Mwo? What? When?" - Ji Won was still very much confused

"Now, of course. Get on baby, I have everything packed in the trunk" - Soo Hyun pulled her arm over and close the door

A mix of confusion and excitement washed over Ji Won as she tried to make sense of Soo Hyun's spontaneous plan. It dawned on her: he was taking the entire family to Switzerland, the destination she had been dreaming of.

"Baby, why didn't you tell me beforehand that we're leaving?" - Ji Won pursed her lips - "This looks like we're fleeing"

"Aigoo, you should have just assumed it" - Soo Hyun teased - "I'll be an old man in a next few years who wouldn't enjoying flying long distance"

"But I have some schedule to take care of as well" - Ji Won tried to come up with some excuses.

"No worries, your manager and I have worked on it together. You're free for the next two weeks" - Soo Hyun reassured her with a peck on the cheeks

Okay, she gave up on debating. Ji Won had been surprised when he had casually mentioned a honeymoon trip to Switzerland a few months ago, thinking it was a distant possibility. After all, wasn't a honeymoon for couples? And Soo Bin and Ji Yong would surely need a few more years before they could be away from her for an extended period, at least until they were weaned. But then she realized that a family vacation would be even more special. A trip with four would be twice as fun as a romantic getaway for two, wouldn't it?

Soo Hyun had really put a lot of effort into this trip, with the motto "better to have too much than too little." He had packed all of Ji Won's daily necessities into a large suitcase, and with the children's things as well, their luggage almost exceeded the weight limit. He'd even included a few alluring nightgowns for her, for their belated honeymoon. Soo Hyun had thoughtfully invited one nanny to join the family on this trip, in order to ensure that the children's routine was not disrupted and to give the couple some private time to redo their missed opportunity.

Within hours, the family was nestled into their first-class seats, enjoying the comforts of the flight. The flight attendants were visibly excited to serve such a well-known family, often remarking on the twins' adorable appearance. Ji Yong and Soo Bin were surprisingly cooperative and enjoyed traveling, only fussing a little when they were hungry, and otherwise slept peacefully in their parents' arms. Despite the demands of caring for their children, Ji Won and Soo Hyun held hands throughout the journey, a testament to their enduring love.
——————————————————
🎉🎉 GOOD NEWS: 2 parts are coming this Friday!! See y'all there 🫶🏻🫶🏻

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro