02 | my dooms day

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I don't remember much. All I remember is the darkness – how everything around me was pitch black, and there was a single ray of light coming from ahead of me. I don't know what I was doing, really. I was walking towards the ray mindlessly, listening to the sounds of a clock.

Tick tock, tick tock.

As I got closer, I began to see the outline of a figure.

It was Naruto.

The moment I realized who it was, the ray of light in front of him began to dissipate, getting thinner and thinner. I ran towards him, not stopping for a moment.

I knew that the light was going to disappear any second, and I had to get there before it did.

Tick tock, tick tock.

By the time there was only a single layer of light left – so thin, that you could barely see it – I was so close.

But just before I could touch him, the clock stopped ticking, and the light disappeared completely. So did Naruto.

I was too late.

I jerked upwards, beads of sweat on my forehead. I was clutching the sheets of my bed as I gasped for air.

For a moment, I was somewhat unsure of my surroundings, but quickly realized that I was in my room. Telling myself that it was just a dream, I was able to calm my rapid heartbeat. But I was momentarily in shock, as I stared at the space in front of me. 

It was the day of his funeral.

I stared at the mirror, scrutinizing what I saw. I was never one for ties and tuxedos – I always found comfort in a loose shirt and baggy jeans. Although most people would automatically assume that, because I'm an Uchiha, I'd be used to such clothes, which is true. But that didn't mean I had to enjoy wearing them.

Sighing, I adjusted my tie, and spun around. I walked down the stairs, where I saw my brother, mother and father waiting for me, my father with an impatient look on his face. Although none of us had any sort of relation to Naruto, everybody at school was invited to the funeral.

My family decided to attend out of courtesy and to maintain a good self-image.

How selfish.

I stood around the coffin, near my family. It was raining heavily, and I could hear the sounds of raindrops hitting my umbrella. Out of all the two-hundred students that were invited, only about twenty showed up. It just comes to show how insensitive high school students are.

Blurring out the words the priest was saying, I looked around at the faces that were present. Neji and Sakura were one of Naruto's closest friends, as I recalled. Although Neji and Sakura weren't close friends themselves, they both had some sort of connection with Naruto.

Neji displayed the typical Hyuga expression – his face was void of emotions. Sakura, on the other hand, was crying uncontrollably, her sobs echoing through my ears.

I frowned, my heart clenching.

Looking away, I saw the Hokage with a grim look on his face. How Naruto was able to befriend the leader of Konoha? I'll never know.

My eyes fell on the Hokage's grandson; Konohamaru, I believe was his name. Tears streamed down the little kid's face as he clutched onto Asuma's leg, who's also one of my teachers.

I closed my eyes, took a breath, and looked around, in search for Iruka.

Iruka was our sensei in elementary school, and everybody loved him. From what I remember, he was the closest father figure Naruto ever had, and I was sure that, to this day, they were still close.

He should have been at the funeral. But he wasn't.

He didn't show up.

I didn't mean to die, really. The situation was out of my control.

All I remember was getting into the car and immediately plugging in my headphones. I blasted my music at full volume and stared out the window, tuning out the sound of Itachi and my father discussing the next steps for the company. I began to count the raindrops that fell on the glass.

I did everything but put on my seatbelt.

About fifteen minutes into the car ride, I heard a loud scream from my mother, and felt the car do a complete turn. I saw a quick flash of a gigantic, green truck taking a sudden stop, and before I had a chance to grab anything, the car rolled over continuously.

I hit something with the back of my neck, and instantly, everything went black.

This chapter is long since overdue, I know, and I'm sorry for the delay. I'm also sorry that the beginning scene sucks lol. I tried to be a cool kid and use symbolism, but that didn't work out too well =/

Whelp, I hope you enjoyed this chapter anyways!

Xoxo,
Jay-spell

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

UNEDITED

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro