Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"In the matter of a few minutes, you're standing in front of the restaurant that started it all, Grillby's."

From the side, you peak into the familiar shattered window; as promised, you spot Sans on a bar stool talking to someone who's  unseeable from your angle. You can hear the deepness of Sans' voice but are unable to make out what he's saying, nor can you hear the other person's voice.

You know that your original mission was to apologize to him and take him back to Papyrus, but you can't help but feel curious about his other life outside of killing humans. It was hard to picture him just relaxing and drinking with an old friend, and perhaps that gave you enough motivation steak out, just this once. You were a girl who had never taken interest in other people; sure, there were those who tried to include you and invite you to get-togethers, but you always shot it down. It was probably just meaningless sympathy.

You break from your self-pity and refocus on the scene before you. 

"A boy, huh. I wouldn't have pegged you as being one to take in a human." 

"I didn't come to you to restate the obvious. It was Papyrus's idea anyway..."

"I'm just curious as to why it's still alive, that's all."

You can clearly peg Sans' deep, sharp tone; yet the other voice intrigues you. It sounded familiar and resonated through you like a warm fire. You shift around some more to see if you can get a better view.

"I just need a break alright? If I'm around that runt any longer I'll lose it." 

"How so? Even I don't drive you that far."

"He's just... too different from the others. It's annoying that I can't kill him."

"You mean won't. I've known you for many years Sans, you would've had that thing dead long ago. What's happened?"

"None of your business, I just-"

"You just-"

"Keep it down, someone's near us."

You hear Sans stand from his bench and walk towards the entrance. In a panic, you crawl into an alley way located right beside the restaurant. 

Two sets of footsteps exit through the front door of the bar and shuffle around your location.

It was no longer a question of if they would find you, it was when. 

Like a child, you curl into a ball, put your hands over head, and shut your eyes as tight as they can go. For so long you had tried to be strong, put up the facade of a male, surround yourself by walls that only you controlled, but nothing worked. You were tired of trying. You were tired of faking. You were tired of living. 

"(Y/N)?"

You flinch and look up immediately, feeling old scars reopen at the sound of your own name. But your fears suddenly vanish as soon as you see the person behind the word. 

A man completely made of flame stands over you. His dress shirt and pants look the same as you remember. And even though his facial features are shrouded in his flame, you can tell he's just as surprised as you.  

The happy reunion quickly ends as you hear Sans approach from behind. You put a finger over your lips to signal him to stay quiet about your history. He gives you a quick and confused nod, not realizing the figure behind him.

"Runt?" 

You shrink back into your ball, unsure of the punishment Sans will give you for leaving. However, nothing happens. He doesn't hit you, he doesn't yell, he doesn't even speak. Before you know it, he's down on his knees beside cradling you in his arms. 

"Sans-" 

"I'm sorry."

He doesn't say anything else nor does he explain his apology. He just holds you gently in his arms.

Sadly, the moment doesn't last long enough.

"Sans?"

He doesn't respond but signals Grillby to continue.

"Is that the 'runt' you were talking about?"

He nods, confused as to where his friend is going with it.

"You know that runt is a girl right?"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro