7. 'Uninvited Friendly Guest'

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hii everyone....

I know am late with the update, but trust me it wasn't intentional. To write this particular book, a correct state of mind and a balanced mood is required, which is not the case with other books. So, that is the reason they have frequent updates.😊

But here is the next update,

Target- 85 votes 😔

Happy Reading!!
It had been two moths since Dev and Sonakshi's 'friendly date'. But, these two months had brought about some changes in them. They used to meet every Sunday and spend time in gardens, beaches, monuments, etc. Even in college, they used to meet at their secret venue- The Library Staircase.

In such a short span of time, they had become really close friends. Earlier, they respected each other because of their academic achievements but now they admired each other for the person they were. They gradually found that they have lot of things in common. So, they talked about variety of topics. Sonakshi was impressed by Dev's depth of knowlege on various subjects whereas earlier she had thought of him as an arrogant boy.

Sonakshi, out of guilt of hiding something from her mother, had also mentioned about Dev to Asha. She had discussed about him as a friend but did not disclose of their numerous 'friendly dates' on every Sunday. However, none of their friends had any idea about their growing friendship or their secret meetings.

INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES (IIAS)

One day, Dev and Sonakshi were chatting as usual at their secret venue when something struck Sonakshi and she exclaimed, "Oh..main toh tumhe batana hi bhool gayi Dev!! Kal main tumse milne nahiin aa sakti"

Dev's face immediately turned pale and he quickly asked, "kyon?? Kyon nahiin aa sakti tum kal?? Kal Sunday hai Sonakshi..!! Ab main kya karunga tumhaare bina?"

"Inn do mahinon de pehle Sundays nahiin aate the kya?? Kaise spend karte the tum?? Aur Dev main kal sach mein nahiin aa sakti. Kal humaare ghar puja hai." answered Sonakshi

"Woh toh pehli ki baat thi. Now I can't even think of spending Sundays without you. Aur achanak puja kyon?? Anything special" asked Dev

"Uff...Dev!! Sirf ek din ki toh baat hai. Aur maa har saal puja rakhti hain. And this year, tomorrow is the auspicious day for it. Toh please man jao naa...hum agle Sunday bahar chale jayenge. Aur fir college mein toh milte hi hain naa..." Sonakshi tried to explain

Dev was visibly upset because he didn't want to spend even a day without talking to her or listening to her voice. But he agreed as Sonakshi seemed to be excited for the annual puja.

"Fine. If that is what you wish. Hum next Sunday hi ghoomne jayenge." he said and tried to force a smile.

Sonakshi also smiled and replied, "Thank you Dev. And am sorry ki maine tumhe abhi bataya. I had completely forgotton about it."

Dev: "Its ok. Not a problem. Kal enjoy karna tum."

Sonakshi laughed and said, "Dev...kal puja hai, party nahiin that I would enjoy myself" and continued laughing

Dev too smiled after seeing her laugh so whole heartedly. "Tumhe aise haste hue dekhne ke liye toh main kitne Sundays ki outing chod sakta hun" he thought to himself.

After sometime, Sonakshi glanced at her watch and said, "Accha Dev...main chalti hun. Nahiin toh late ho jayega. Bye" and turned to leave when Dev stopped her.

"Sonakshi...aaj main tumhe ghar drop kar dun?? Kal toh aise bhi tum nahiin aaogi...toh kam se kam aaj toh mere saath kuch time spend karlo" Dev requested

Sonakshi thought for a while and smilingly said, "Theek hai. Chalo"

Dev's face brightened with happiness and he said, "Wow...jaldi chalo" and he dragged her with him to the parking lot.

They were in the car on their way to Sonakshi's home when her phone started ringing. She picked up the phone. It was Asha on the other side.

"Sona...kahaan hai tu?? College se nikli toh nahiin"

"Nahiin maa...main toh college se thodi der pehle hi nikal chuki hun"

"Oh....ab kya karun" Asha muttered to herself

"Kya hua maa?? Aap pareshaan kyon ho??"

"Sona, maine na teri saree drycleaning ke liye di thi last week. Aur usko lana hi bhool gayi. Ab woh saree nahiin mili toh tu kal puja main kya pehenigi??"

Sonakshi gestured Dev to stop the car with her free hand. He understood and immediately applied the break.

"Maa...aap pareshan mat ho. Main abhi Drycleaners se saree le aati hun. Dont worry. Bye" and hung up the phone.

She turned towards Dev and said, "Dev mujhe na apni Saree leni hai drycleaners ke paas se. Aur woh shop peeche hi reh gayi. Please U- turn le lo"

Dev nodded and took the U turn. Soon they reached the shop. Sonakshi rushed out of the car and came back within five minutes after collecting the saree.

Dev started his car, and they were again on the way to Sonakshi's house.

"Toh?? Kal tum yeh saree pehenogi" he asked while pointing towards the neatly folded packet which contained Saree...

"Haan. Waise toh maa bilkul bhi conservative ya orthodox nahiin hain. But she prefers that I wear traditional outfits whenever there is a religious occasion. Aur main bhi zyada sarees kahaan pehnti hun. Bas jab maa kehti hain tab hi..." she answered

Dev nodded and drew his attention back to driving. Soon they reached Sonakshi's home.

Before stepping out of his car, Sonakshi turned and said, "Thank you so much Dev. And sorry for the trouble."

"There wasn't any trouble Sonakshi. In fact, am glad ki iss saree ke wajah se mujhe tumhaare saath kuch aur time spend karne ko mil gaya."

Sonakshi smiled and nodded her head in disbelief. She quickly said him bye and rushed inside her home.

DIXIT MANSION

Dev was lying on his bed after dinner. He was upset that he won't get to see her or listen to her voice for a day. He was thinking about today's events and their drive back to her home. It was then when something struck him. Sonakshi had said that she would wear a saree tomorrow. He remembered the last time he had seen her in a saree. It was, when she had come to visit him in the hospital after his minor accident. She had looked absolutely beautiful and ravishing. How he longed to see her again in that same look. But unfortunately he couldn't.

"Lekin kyon?? Kyon nahiin usse dekh sakta?? Main kal uske ghar zaroor jaunga" he thought to himself. He was determined and thinking so dozed off to sleep.

Next day, he quickly freshned up. He was deciding on what to wear when Sonakshi's words rang in his mind. "Waise toh maa bilkul bhi conservative ya orthodox nahiin hain. But she prefers that I wear traditional outfits whenever there is a religious occasion."

"OK then....then I will also wear something traditional" he said and chose a blue kurta pyjama for himself.

BOSE HOUSE

All the arragements for the puja was done. Not too many guests, only the neighbours and Dr Diwakar were invited. Mr and Mrs Patil had reached well before time to gobble on some dishes on the pretext of "tasting"

Sonakshi was also dressed up in saree and was helping her mother in assembling the things. The puja began at the auspicious moment as stated by the priest. That was the moment when Dev decided to enter. Everyone was surprised looking at him including Sonakshi.

Sonaksi's Saree ( Pic credit- Insta and thanks alot Pranju22 for helping me choose the attire)

She was busy glaring at him which Dev ignored and walked passed her. He went near Asha and bent down to touch her feet. Hesitatingly, she blessed him.

"Aunty. Lagta hai aapne mujhe pehchana nahiin. Main Dev hun. Sonakshi ka friend." said Dev

"Haan...haan Dev. Sona to bohot baar tumhaare baare mein baat karti hai. Maine kitni baar kaha usse ki tumhe ghar par bulaye...par usne humesha taal diya" complained Asha

"Koi baat nahiin Aunty. Usne mujhe nahiin bulaya. Main toh khud hi aa gaya" Dev said smilingly and his gaze met Sonakshi who was staring at him. But Dev was lost in her. She looked simply gorgeous in her lemon yellow saree and green blouse. He felt as if the beauty of the saree had increased as Sona was wearing it. His reverie was broken by Asha who said, "Yeh toh tumne bohot accha kiya. Aur tum kitne acche din par aaye ho. Aaj hamare ghar par puja bhi hai. Ruko, main tumhaare liye mithai (sweets) laati hun. Saying so, she went inside the kitchen.

Sonakshi came near Dev with her hands folded across her chest.

"So?"

"So what?? Kitna accha ghar hai tumhaara" he said innocently

"Dev!!"

"Sonakshi"

"Dev...am serious!! Tum yahaan kya kar rahe ho??"

"Kya kar raha hun?? Tumhaare ghar ki puja attend karne aaya hun. Aur tum aisi hi mujh par gussa ho rahi ho. Learn from your mother. She is so sweet. Wait, let me help her." and he ignored her again and went inside the kitchen.

Dev entered the kitchen and Asha was surprised on seeing him.

"Beta tum yahaan?? Kuch chahiye kya tumhe??"

"Nahiin aunty. Kuch nahiin chahiye. Main bas aapko dekh raha tha" said Dev politely

"Mujhe dekh rahe the?? Kyon??" questioned Asha

"Kyonki maine kabhi apni Mom ko dekha nahiin na isiliye. Lekin aaj lag raha hai ki woh bhi bilkul aapke tarah hi hongi" he said emotionally

Asha felt sad for him and kept her hand on his head and said "Koi baat nahiin beta. Ab isse bhi tum apna ghar hi samjho. Jab bhi tumhe apni mom ki yaad aaye toh yahaan zaroor aa jana" and hugged him lovingly.

"Thank you Aunty" said Dev happily

Unaware to both of them, Sonakshi was listening to their conversation and smiled looking at them.

After the puja was over. Sonakshi introduced Dev to Dr Diwakar. Surprisingly, he was a very good friend of Dev's father, Ravindra Dixit.

Dev had a very good time with Sonakshi's neighbours too. They made him feel at home and on top of it Asha and Sonakshi were perfect hosts.

Later that evening, after promising to Asha that he would visit them soon and bidding bye to the mother daughter duo, he left for his home.

That was the end of the chapter. Please comment and do vote.

Target- 85 votes

Those who dont remember Mr and Mrs Patil and Dr Diwakar please read the character sketch once again. 😊

I have started a new Devakshi FF titled 'Ek Rishta Aisa Bhi'. Please have a look of you haven't. Till now, I have received a good response on it. You can find it in my reading list or my profile. 😘😘

And, many people complain that I dont give precaps....😂😂 Well, the reason behind it is that I myself dont know whats gonna come next...😜😂

But I do give spoilers on my insta id. Isn't it??😉

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro