16. Part-Time Waitress

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

**Wendy's POV**

We're finally back in Magnolia! On my left side, Camelia is skipping along, trying to catch a butterfly and on my right side, Jeremy is  dragging Justine and Nathan, both knocked out... what are we gonna do with those three?

"Here is Nathan and here is Justine. Gomenasai!" Jeremy said politely while handing Lucy and unconscious Nathan and Juvia an unconscious Justine. "Juvia understands! He can be a handful." Juvia said as she ruffled Jeremy's hair and departed to her house to go and see Gray with sleeping Julie.

Mum and I went to see dad with Camelia and Jeremy. When we arrived at the door, mum took my hand, Jeremy took mums other hand and I grabbed Camelia's to stop her from wandering away. I poked the doorbell with my nose and heard a faint tune play inside. "Coming!" I heard someone shout...... dad! He came to the door and dropped the toast that was in his mouth. Camelia caught it and began eating it.

"Erza! Wendy!" He shouted as he enveloped us in a hug. He pulled away and bent down. Who are these two Erzy?" Dad asked, making mum stiffen. One, he hadn't called her Erzy in six years and second, they were his kids. "Kids, introduce yourself." Mum commanded, staring at Jellal. "I am Jeremy Scarlet, six years old and I use Ècriture magic!" Jeremy stated proudly.

Camelia was still eating dads toast and staring at a butterfly so I nudged her slightly. "Oh! *nom, nom* I'm Camelia Scarlet, *nom, nom* six years old, and I use *nom, nom* Sensory Link magic! *nom, nom*" Camelia finished, waving her hand back at the butterfly. "Nice to meet you both! I'm Jellal Fernandes, 26 years old, Heavenly Body Magic. Haha" dad chuckled as he smiled at my brother and sister.

"So Erzy... six years......" dad scratched the back of his neck, looking down guiltily. "I'll explain inside" mum nodded. I checked my watch and it was almost 2:00pm. I started a new par-time job today at a coffee shop. I handed dad Camelia's hand as I ran off, putting a white apron around my mint green dress.

After 10 minutes of full out sprinting, I made it to the cafè I was going to be working at. Panting, I open the doors, grab my notepad and start taking orders. I made my way over to booth three and said cheerfully, "Hello! I will be your waitress for today, would you like to order anything?".

The boy, my age, sitting there turned his head from whom I assumed was his girlfriend, to look at my ever so sickeningly fake smile. I saw him look at my name tag, "Wendy..." he breathed. "Hm? Oh! That is my name, yes sir?" I asked sweetly. "Wendy Marvell" he spoke. "U-um, how do you know my last name? Are you a stalker or something cause... I-I can call security..." I started to get scared. The boy stood up and looked into my glassy, tearing eyes.

"Where were you for six years!?" How did he know I was gone for six years? It can't be..  "R-Romeo!?" I asked, my eyes brimming with tears. "Yeah! Meet my friend, Mio Akiyama!" He said, happier than ever. That just made my heart shatter. I sniffed and called out to my friend, the other waitress, Ritsu Tainaka, over to take their orders. She nodded and gave me a look saying 'tell me later, 'kay?' I nodded back to her and ran to the counter.

**Time Skip: Wendy's Shift Over**

I was cleaning the counter when Ritsu came up to me and asked what happened. I explained to her about Romeo and I in middle school and what he did on our camp. She rubbed my back in an effort to comfort me. It helped a lot. After our really cheesy talk, I started my walk home. On my way there, I ran into Romeo and Mio. Romeo waved and smiled. Mio had this dark aura around her as she glared daggers at me. I swear, if looks could kill, I wouldn't live to see tomorrow. "So Wendy! Wanna come to this party at-" before Romeo could finish I blew him way with a small gust of wind, tears starting to stream down my rosy cheeks.

Why did he forget about us? Maybe I was a bit harsh? Do I still love him? Why don't I make a cake when I get home? I could take Camelia and Jeremy to the park? "Wow! I think Camelia is rubbing off on me..." I said out loud to myself as I reached the stairs to my door. I walked in and was about to announce my arrival until I saw Mum and Dad snuggled, asleep on the couch, Camelia and Jeremy asleep in a small sleeping bag and Carla sitting on my old laptop.

I walked quietly over to her, petted her head as she hopped off the laptop and picked it up as I fell backwards, finally Requipping into my pj's. I turned my laptop on and found my old Facebook account. Romeo was still following me and I was following him. I went onto Romeo's page and saw pictures of him with Mio. The captions said things along the lines of 'I finally found her!' 'I'm never letting you go again' and the one I hate the most 'Mio is the person I will love the the most in the world, forever and longer.' That made my heart shatter.

I checked the time and it was 10:00pm since my shift ended at 8:30pm then I had to clean up by then it was nine, the walk home was half an hour and I sulked on chair for another half hour. Today was Sunday and I had my first day of school tomorrow at Fairy Tail Academy. I slept a dreamless sleep and was awoken by my alarm clock at
8:40!!!! THERE'S ONLY TWENTY MINUTES UNTIL SCHOOL AND I HAVE TO TAKE CAMELIA AND JEREMY TO FAIRY TAIL PRIMARY SCHOOL!! I'M GONNA BE LATE ON MY FIRST DAY!!!!! "SHIIIIIIIIT" I cursed throughout the house.

A/N Hey Guys! I've been thinking about how I'm gonna end this story... JK!!! This story is no where near finished and I can assure you all, that there will be a sequel! Have a nice weekend!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro