20 days/ 20 sprints - #20 : Yellow

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It's here!!! #CAMPNANO April 2019!!! Woot woot! 

I follow a group on Twitter called @ nanowordsprints  (no space). During Camp Nano, they host daily words sprints for a a few hours every morning. Timed sprints for WIPs or Prompt Sprints to help get the creative juices flowing. For Writers who are struggling, I cannot encourage this practice enough. One never knows when inspiration will come, as a trickle or a deluge. 

Write  for 10-20 minutes using the above prompt image.   

SHARE your sprint in the comments 

Here's mine: 

The color yellow prompt

The color of the chiffon cake and the fluffy frosting reminded him of Easter lunch at his grandmother's, warm and bright like the daydream of a sunny afternoon. But the clouds always returned. Twice a year, she forgot she was a widow and left her black clothes and bourbon alone. Every time he saw the color, he could taste the memory; smell the love that was never baked for him. His grandmother only emerged from the cocoon of her grief to celebrate Resurrection Day and his grandfather's birthday. When he had asked her why, her answer had been terse. She wanted her late husband to see her happy on the days she believed he would look down on them from heaven. Those happy days were a false illusion to reassure one who was long dead. Those in heaven shouldn't worry for those left behind, she said. So for him, happiness always wore the color yellow, tasted sweet and tart at the same time, and smelled of lemon. Then he met her, a girl who lived in that lemon mood daily. When he asked her why, she answered, "Because life is always both sweet and tart. we should enjoy it."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro