Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"The sun sees your body,
The moon sees your soul."

-

It was raining that night.

Somehow, it felt as if the sky was about to fall to pieces. It's been a while since it rained. It kinda startled Gaeul, suddenly greeted by booming thunder and lightning flashing.

She wasn't scared of thunder or lightning, though. Or heavy rain. Unless if it's a storm, then that's a whole different story.

Gaeul liked the rain. Even if it was raining cats and dogs she wouldn't mind. The electricity would go out once in a while, but she's got spare candles ready by her drawer.

She wasn't at home though. She had extra classes at school that ended at night, and it was a pain to go home.

Especially since she didn't bring an umbrella today.

Gaeul badly wanted to go home. Her mom was sick, she insisted to skip class and take care of her, but her mother told her that she'll be fine.

Gaeul doesn't trust her mother as much. She knows how her mother is when she's sick. Always wobbling and feeling light headed, she had to be by her mother's side.

What if something bad happened? Gaeul shakes her head.

"Nothing's gonna happen. Mom's alright."

Tonight was lonely too. Despite the dark clouds, the moon was nowhere to be seen.

It's been a while since the man in the moon showed up, anyway. These three days were the new moon phase, which left Gaeul dying of boredom.

He was her friend, anyway.

Gaeul heard a slight ring from her phone and took it out of her bag, answering it immediately after knowing it was from her mother.

"Mom? I'm at school."

"Yeah. It's raining quite heavily, I might be a little late. Are you okay?"

"Alright. If anything happens quickly call me."

She lets the phone screen fade to black and sits down, the bus stop nearby her school as a place for temporary shelter. Maybe liking the rain in this situation was kinda bad after all.

"Gaeul?"

The voice startled her, especially when it was followed by a flash of lightning. Gaeul squinted her eyes to get a closer look at the person.

"Mingyu?"

The boy suddenly sits down beside and takes out a small towel out of his bag and places it at the top of Gaeul's head.

"Use it."

It's not that Gaeul is unfamiliar with him. Well, nobody's unfamiliar with him in particular. That kid's one of the top students in school and also, one of the tallest three pillars among the students.

She just hates how he's acting all friendly with her.

"Why did you stayback so late? It's almost eight." Mingyu says, glancing at his watch.

"I had classes. You?"

"Ah, we had to finish up a project and I was the last to clean up."

Gaeul just nods, taking no interest in talking to him.

"I've heard quite a lot about you. You're kinda famous among guys,"

Gaeul mentally huffs at his statement. If she was famous just as something to laugh at, then she'd rather leave than waste her time talking to a good for nothing.

"And I heard the astronomy club disbanded. You know, if you wanted to make a club you should've gathered more membe-"

"Shut up!"

Her sudden burst left Mingyu in shock. Gaeul clenched her fists. She was someone who wouldn't talk to him, or anyone at school. Seeing her now gave him a better chance to look at the girl.

"You don't know anything about astronomy," she mutters angrily.

"I'm sorry," Mingyu mumbles "I just felt sorry for you."

"Don't talk to me anymore."

Gaeul returns his towel and grabs her bag to leave. All she wanted was to run away from that place. She hated being with these kind of people. Pitying her for no absolute reason.

"Gaeul, wait!"

The boy took hold of the girl's wrist, and she couldn't help but turn around just to hear what he has to say.

"I just..." Mingyu stutters, and the grip on Gaeul's wrist loosens, letting her wrist fall back to her side "I just...I like you.."

The tall male scratches his neck and his cheeks felt hot, looking down at his shoes. And despite the sudden confession, Gaeul didn't know how to react. Mingyu glanced at Gaeul's emotionless face.

"I mean...it's alright if you don't want to...you could give me an answer when you're ready.."

"I'll give you an answer soon."

Gaeul turns her back on the boy and leaves, not knowing what to feel. It was a sudden outburst of emotion, she wasn't expecting that from Mingyu at all.

She doesn't know anything about the boy. So does he, too. They barely even see each other at school. Why would Gaeul trust someone like him?

"I.. I like you."

Gaeul shakes her head and continues walking in the rain.

"Lies. Liars, everywhere."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro