11. Where are you?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(Kindly ignore the grammatical error)
N A N D I N I

I threw myself on the bed after an extremely tiresome day. I had to lift a huge log which weighted at least 50 kg. Don't be shocked! I am a werewolf after all but still it was so heavy. I had to run till the top of hill that too two times. My legs hurt because of that. And not to forget for hours I had to hit the punching bags with all my force. God! I can't believe I did all that and now I am hell tired. But the best part of all this is that Manik too accompanied me.

Right then I heard the door click and I knew it was Manik. Jeez his scent is enough for me to realise his presence. But my body was too restless to even turn to look at him. I laid there, closing my eyes.

"Nandini." Manik called and I just 'hmm'

"Get up we have to go for a run."

Did I hear it right or is it due to the tiredness?

"Get up." Manik shook me lightly and I turned to the other side. "I am tired." I mumbled but he was so adamant to go for a run that he didn't stop shaking me. I seriously felt like an earthquake had occurred.

"Okay fine." I sighed. Giving up my precious sleep, I sat up on the bed.

Taking a pair clothes in my small duffle, I stormed out of the room, not even caring to wait for Manik. It's his fault, I am tired and he is just not letting me take rest. That's so annoying.

"He is doing all this for us." Manik's lawyer, Niti spoke out on his behalf and I just rolled my eyes at her.

I shifted and started running aimlessly without even waiting for Manik. And that was my biggest mistake. I heard growls of wolf and I could hear the rustling of leaves. There were wolves behind me and their scent didn't seem to be familiar. Instantly fear gripped my heart and I could feel my body heating up.

"Don't let them in.
Don't let them see.
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know."
I mumbled as I ran aimlessly. I could feel their presence behind me. The heat was unbearable and a howl escaped my throat in the struggle of digesting the heat. I ran aimlessly through the dark woods. I increased my pace but I was soon caught. Four wolves circled me and trapped me in the middle.

"Give me the control." Niti shouted at the back of my head, making the pain even more painful. But I couldn't simply give her the control after the mess that she created yesterday.

I had no where to run. Fear gripped my heart seeing them take steps towards me. And the painful heat rushed through my body threatening to melt my bones. With much courage I growled at them but they didn't stop, they howled even more louder.

A wolf leaped up in the air in my direction but before he could crush me I jerked him away with all the energy I had. But the very next moment I myself fell on the ground with a thud. The heat had become unbearable and I tried digesting it but I couldn't.

My eyes slowly dropped and I could see blurry images of the wolves nearing towards me.

"I need you Manik." I tried mind linking.

Before I knew what happened I lost my consciousness.

M A N I K

I was in my wolf form, running through the woods searching for Nandini but where's she?

She left without me. Okay I admit that she was tired and yet I asked her to go out for a run but that's not my fault either. Abhi had requested me to give her a tough time. Geez I can't believe Nandini did so much in a day. But anyway for now she's nowhere to be seen.

"Alpha, rogues attack in the west boundary." Cabir mind linked me.

"Am coming." I said through clenched jaws.

Parth growled in anger. God wasn't yesterday's defeat enough for them that they attacked again. But where's Nandini? She shouldn't be out at this time.

"Nandini." I tried mind linking her but it didn't work.

Right then I heard a growl from the west. I ran towards the sound.
"I need you Manik." Nandini mind linked and this was enough to scare the shit out of us.

"Nandini.. Where are you? Nandini"

But I got no reply.

Right then Cabir mind linked,"Alpha they backed out all of a sudden."

"Cabir spread out and half of them follow them...Nandini is in trouble. We need to find her."

Where are you Nandini? I just started knowing you and now this. I will turn the whole pack upside down if I don't find her. I ran, sniffing and trying to find her scent but nothing seemed to work.

Hours passed and I was still running aimlessly. I searched the whole pack boundary but she was nowhere.

"Nandini.. Nandini.." I don't know how many times I tried mind linking her but I got nothing in reply.

I want to cry and scream because it's killing me. I've never been so scared of losing anything in my life, then again nothing ever meant so much to me as much you do. This is suffocating.

"Where are you?"

Hope you all liked it.

And thanks for the overwhelming response and sorry to keep you all waiting.

And  shabsNivi9 thanks for this beautiful cover

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro