12. Night in the forest-1

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

N A N D I N I

Through my blurry vision I could see the four figures carrying me in a cage. I tried getting up but failed.
"Nandini we can't give up." Niti's voice weak yet it gave me strength.

With all my left over energy I got up and without even thinking for a second, I focused on my powers and opened my mouth. A huge fireball came out from my mouth but in this process I was thrown aback resulting me to bang on the other side cage.

I growled in pain.

My work was done the metal cage had melted and due to the huge fireball the two werewolves in human form were lying on the ground. I got up and threw one more huge fireball in the direction of other two wolves before the other two could do anything else.

I struggled to stand on my four feet and moreover the heat wasn't helping too.

But I didn't give up. I stood on my feet, forgetting all the pain, I started running aimlessly. I ran and ran until I was sure I was far away from them.

"Manik." I tried mind linking him but it didn't work out.

"Abhi." I tried mind linking Abhi and it didn't work out too.

Tears started forming in my eyes but I forcefully blocked it. I can't fall weak. I won't disappoint Manik. I have to stay strong for us. My dad, my mum and my dadi didn't sacrifice themselves for seeing me fall weak.

I looked around only to find myself surrounded by trees which all of a sudden seemed much more taller. The forest was getting darker and the cloudy sky wasn't helping too. It was surely about to rain sooner or later and moreover the atmosphere was chilling cold.

My feet had given up but my hopes were high. There is no other option I have to survive this darkness. All of a sudden strong scent hit my nostrils and I could even hear the rustling of leaves. "Manik." I was so overwhelmed when I realized the scent.

M A N I K

All my hopes of finding her was fading away and with each passing second my anger rose, a fear of losing her gripped my heart.

"Alpha we found a melted metal cage and four dead wolves near the Moon light pack boundary." Dhruv mind linked.

This was it I ran as fast as I could to the spot. Moonlight pack's Alpha Harshad was our enemy. He had always wanted to take over our pack but due to the peace agreement made in the werewolf committee he was silent.

I reached the spot and my mates scent was still lingering here and there. I knew these were the wolves who had kidnapped my mate and I so wanted to kill them but alas! they were already dead.
"Take this to the pack house." I ordered two of the soldiers, indicating the metal cage and the dead bodies of wolves.

"And rest split in different direction." I ordered and they bowed their head down agreeing to my command. Within few moments I was running in my wolf form searching for her.

After few more miles her scent hit my nostril and that was enough to fill my lifeless body. I ran in my full speed and when I saw my mate, finally I was relieved.

I shifted in my human form and so did she.
"Manik." Her voice weak but still my name sounded heavenly from her lips. She took a step towards me but stumbled. Within the next blink of eye I was beside her holding her tight. I then realized she was in heat. Her whole body was burning.

"Nandini." I hugged her tight and her shivering hands slowly crawled around my naked back.

"I am sorry." I kissed the top of her head, hugged her tightly and she snuggled more into my chest. Slowly both our heat were mingling with each other and her heat was slowly transferring in my body.
"I found her Dhruv. You all proceed to the pack house. I will be there with her."

"But-" I cut Dhruv in between.

"Please Dhruv."

"Okay but be safe."

Dhruv, me and Cabir were thick buddies. No one would believe this as they address me saying Alpha and respect me like the way others do but this doesn't change our equation.

All of a sudden I felt a cold drop in my feet and I realized it was a rain drop. God please not today. I looked at Nandini who had been hugging me tight. And that was realization hit me both of we were naked. I stroked her hair gently and broke the hug.

I had carried my clothes in my mouth so  cloth wasn't a problem. I picked up the cloth from the ground and passed my shirt to Nandini.

A moment later we were done dressing and by now it had started drizzling. There was no way we could reach the pack house. It was miles away.

We both sat under a big tree which saved us from the heavy rain and we looked at the rain getting heavier. Although her heat was getting transferred to me but the icy cold environment wasn't helping at all.

Adding more thrill in the environment. I heard the rustling of leaves and I could smell rogues.

Hope it was up to mark.

Thank you for all your support. Keep showering your love and do drop your reviews. I badly need it.

Thank you TreasuresOfHeart for such a beautiful cover.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro