11• Trouble

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Why did you quit basketball?" He asked out of nowhere.

This question surprised her. "Just. I got bored of it." She lied.

"This lie might work on others but not on me."

Mukti sat upright and looked at him. "How do you know about me? It's been more than a year since I quit."

"I am the captain of the college's boys basketball team and you were also the captain of the girl's basketball team. And we shared the same court. May be you didn't notice me but I did notice you." His voice became low as he said out the last words.

"Oh! I guess I was too much occupied then." She smiled awkwardly. Those days her life revolved around only two things- one basketball and other her ex boyfriend Harshad.

She wasn't always this bad ass girl who hit on boys. She used to be very committed but after her breakup she couldn't be the same anymore. She lost herself while loving him and that was her tragedy.

She left the team because she couldn't give her all. After her breakup for months she hesitated to even enter the court, just because she shared so many moments with him in the basketball court.

"Were you?" He looked at her intently, smiling melancholy. He had seen her play basketball for months and he knew how much she loved basketball. He had seen it all, only that she hadn't noticed him.

"So you already knew me but you pretended not to know me." She gave him a look.

"I never pretended. I just told you the truth. I don't play with anyone and everyone." He shrugged and smiled.

Right then the bell rang and Mukti stood up in a jiffy. "I will leave for now. Bye." She said as she picked up her jacket.

"You owe me a match. Remember right?" He reminded her.

"Yea of course I remember. By the way save my number." She winked as she gave him her number and ran out of the court.

He smiled, looking at her number.

Nandini walked faster through the corridor, her eyes searching for Manik but there was no sign of him. She took out her phone to call him, the moment she looked at the screen without stopping her steps. She bumped into someone, making her phone drop and she was pushed aback by a few steps. In the due process, she felt two strong hands stabilize her.

"Long time no see Nandini." A very familiar voice hit her ears and she looked up in a jiffy only to see Aryaman, looking at her intently with a smile playing on his lips.

"Aryaman." She looked at him for a brief second before stepping back. She could feel a knot form in her chest, just by looking at him.

"You have grown even more beautiful." He complimented as he took a step towards her. She looked at him, totally numb for a few seconds.

But then the very next moment she composed herself and let out a chuckle. "And you are still the same old jerk." She said before shouldering him and walking past him but he caught her wrist and stopped her. She closed her eyes in frustration.

"Stop acting so cool. I know I still affect you." He said as he turned to look at her.

"Sorry to burst your bubble Mr. Aryaman Khurrana but you know you are worthless like a trash to me." She yanked her hand free.

"Nandini I can explain about what I did back then?" He stepped forward and she stepped away.

"I don't need your explanation and you don't exist in my life anymore." She said, sternly before walking away. Right then she noticed Manik who had just come out of his class.

"Manik." She called as she walked towards him. He turned to look at her.

"Let's go home together." She said as she reached him. Her heart felt so heavy after the small encounter with Aryaman but she didn't show it on her face. She just smiled.

"Yea but first let's go grab something to eat." He said as he walked by her side.

"Okay." She faked a smile yet again and the smile never reached her eyes. He noticed it but he stayed silent for a moment.

He then slowly slipped his hands into hers. He sure had hesitated at first but not for long. He held her hand tightly, silently assuring her his presence.

She looked at him and smiled seeing him taking steps towards her.

"What would you like to eat?" He asked.

"Your lips." She winked and his eyes widened at her words. And she couldn't help but laugh on seeing his expression. "Aw you are too cute."

"I am not cute okay." He said with a poker face and she pulled his cheeks. "My cutie."

"I am not cutie." He tried maintaining a straight poker face but he failed as he ended up smiling.

"Cutie." She called him by that name yet again and he looked to the other side and smiled.

"My cutie. Cutie."

"I am not. Okay. But tell me what eatable thing you want to eat?"

She let out a slow chuckle. "Umm pizza." She said as she descended down the stairs with him. And this whole time he smiled like an idiot just with the thought that she smiled.

Meanwhile this all was being watched by Aryaman. "So you got a new time pass material." Aryaman chuckled before having a bite of the chocolate that he had been holding."But now I am here. So there's no chance you are passing your time with someone so useless."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro