14. Changes

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Nandini stirred in her sleep when she heard the shrill sound of the alarm clock. It irked her and she could feel Manik move a bit in his sleep.

"Manik shut the alarm please." She mumbled in a sleepy tone, hitting him lightly on his chest as she shoved her face into his chest.

She had been lying on top of him and he had securely wrapped his arms around her petite waist.

With his eyes still closed, he turned off the alarm with his one hand while his other hand was still wrapped around her.

"Good morning." He mumbled as he dropped a kiss on her hair.

She smiled and pecked his bare chest. "Good morning." She mumbled with her eyes still closed.

He slowly opened his eyes and adjusted their position before sitting uprighton the bed. He ran his hands through his messy hair and looked at the time.

They had exactly an hour left. "Nandini wake up otherwise we might get late for college." He said before plopping out of bed and wearing his clothes.

She just hmm. He entered the bathroom to take a shower.

Minutes later he came out after a hot shower and still she had been sleeping. "Nandini wake up." He said as he reached her but she didn't buzz.

"Nandini." He shook her a bit.

"Manik let me sleep." She said as she turned towards the other side.

"Okay only for ten minutes not more than that." He said, patting her head slowly. He had just walked a few steps away from the bed when Nandini sat upright on the bed, a little irritated.

"My sleep just vanished." She looked at him. His bare back had been facing her. He hadn't worn his shirt yet, in fact he was busy surfing through his cupboard.

"Then get ready." Manik said as he took out a shirt and turned to look at her. And there she had been staring at him, precisely his shirtless body.

"Stop staring at me." He said as he put on his shirt.

"It's not in my power." She said as she plopped out of the bed and reached him while he had been busy buttoning his shirt.

"What's the hurry?" She said as she held the hem of his shirt and pulled him closer. He looked at her and smiled. He so had expected this and yet he could feel his heart jump.

"Why are you so charming?" She asked, staring intently into his eyes and this statement of hers made his smile wider.

"Umm I don't know." He said and she pulled him downward by his collar.

"This is actually unfair. Now I am starting to worry what if other girls hit on you?" She wound her hands around his neck and stood on his feet.

He wrapped his hands around her waist and looked at her. "Now what can I do? I am by birth charming." He tried self praising himself for the first time and he looked rather cute.

"Yea yea you are very charming." She smiled. "But don't you dare show off your charm to any girl around you."

Right the doorbell rang. Nandini sighed and moved away from Manik. "I will go see who's there. You get ready." She said as she walked towards the door.

"Nandini wait." Manik's voice made her turn. "What?" She asked.

"You are only wearing my shirt." He said and she looked at herself. "So what?" She said causally.

"What do you mean what? Except for me no one can see you like this." He said and that made her smile. For the first time he acted a bit possesive towards her and she liked it.

Again the doorbell rang.

"I will go open the door. You go and change." Manik said before buttoning his shirt and walking past her.

On opening the door, Manik made a grumpy face.

"What's with that expression of yours? You aren't happy seeing me."Cabir said as he pushed him aside and walked inside.

"Yea I am not happy at all. So if ypu don't have anything important to say you can leave. I really wouldn't mind." Manik said.

Cabir looked at him, dumbfounded. "Are you even my friend?"

"If we are not then also that's fine."

"Now you have Nandini. So you are ditching me. I guess our friendship was only till here." Cabir made a sad face. "But I won't give up on our friendship so easily." He flashed his teeth as he threw himself on the sofa.

Manik shook his head, looking at him. "So why are you here early in the morning? I thought we were meeting in the college after half an hour." Manik asked, sitting on the sofa.

"Oh yea granny told me that she couldn't reach you. So she had contacted me. She said that the company is currently facing problems with the final draft you sent and it might have a huge impact in Malhotra industries. So granny wants you to return back to the company for the time being." Cabir informed.

"But I thought I approved and checked the final draft a month ago."

"So what are you going to do?" Cabir asked.

"I am returning back to my hometown right now. I think someone messed up with the drafts."

"You never go to the company. You just indirectly supervise all the company activities. Are you sure you want to show up at the company?"

"There's no other way. And this time I have someone to cheer me up. So I can do it."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro