Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Lyra

"Congratulations" I gasped in surprise when the balloons popped. "Congrats on your wedding boss" my employees cheered for me throwing flowers and confetti in the air. I wanted to scold them for scaring me but couldn't do it. They seemed so happy so I decided to ignore this once. "Thank you" I smiled at everyone and walked towards my cabin.

I thanked everyone who wished me on the way with a smile though I wanted to strangle them. Now I don't hate my employees it is just this is not a happy occasion for me. "Clear the floor quickly and ask them to back to work" Kate saluted me and walked away to make sure they all start their work.

I started this company with only five people and within few years we made it to three digit number count. If we can get Mrs. Aubert to sign deal with us then our profit would be increased which means more recognition. "Here" I looked at Kate pointedly. "What is it?"

"Flowers" I rolled my eyes at her answer. "I can see that" she placed it on the desk for me to see. "Who sent them?" she pointed to folded note on the bottom. "Look for yourself" I opened the note and read it.

I don't know if I did something wrong. I am sorry

- Aaron

"He is so romantic" Kate gushed beside me. "Did you fight with him? It's been what a day and you are already fighting with him?" I pushed her away making her stumble. "Don't you have work to do?" she sat on the chair opposite me. "I do but I think I should do the work of being your best friend now" I groaned making her laugh. "I didn't fight with him. I just didn't talk to him much"

"Why not?" I shrugged thinking about it. "I don't know. I didn't felt the need to" I mean we married because he made a mess. We didn't know or like each other. So what is the need to act like couple when we are alone? "Fine but don't be rude to him" she got up to leave the room. "I am not rude" she stopped at the door. "Yes you are"

I throwed a file but she walked out and quickly closed the door. I decided to ignore the flowers and concentrate on my work. I have a meeting with Mrs. Aubert and I have to submit the deigns to her. If she likes them then we will start working on opening a new branch in France. I already found three locations which would be good for our business in last week trip.

I stopped typing when I heard my phone ring.

Aaron: Hope you like the flowers

I looked at the flowers and smiled. I have to admit Tulips is my favorite flowers and he sent a bouquet of it.

L: Why did you send me flowers?

A: I know they are your favorite and I was hoping to make you smile

L: How do you know they are my favorite?

A: Every decoration and event of your has Tulips

L: Where did you find that?

A: On your social media account

I checked my Insta account and he is right. I had added Tulips in all of my events. Even when I took pictured in random garden they have Tulips in it. I seriously doubt that he found it from my social media account. Noah must have told him that these are my favorites. It isn't hard for him to find out my favorite flowers. I am sure he has done my background check too.

L: They are beautiful

I locked my phone and got back to work. I didn't bother checking his message after that. I know the conversation about this ended. I didn't want to get used to him.

"Mrs. Aubert is here" Kate announced to me before I let her guide Mrs. Aubert inside. "Hello" I greeted her with a cheek kiss. "Congratulations dear" she seemed so happy which made me smile too. "I am sorry I couldn't attend your wedding" I helped her sit on the chair. "I was feeling under the weather"

"I am glad to see you well now" I took my seat opposite to her. "I can understand it will take time to adjust to weather here" she nodded her head agreeing with me. "Shall we start the presentation?" Kate asked holding the remote. "Yeah, go ahead" we are currently in conference room with my team. Mrs. Aubert also brought her own research team along with her secretary.

I started explaining the design ideas and revenue expectations to their team. "So I am sure we can reach the cap of this amount within six months if we start it this winter" they all seemed content with my presentation. "This does seem like great idea but our concern is would you be able to deliver the demanded goods on time?"

"I understand your concern about it. I know we are not huge corporation as of now. However, whatever the deals we committed we were able to deliver them. We can guarantee you of it"

"That is the reason I agreed for this deal Ms. Lyra" Mrs. Aubert smiled at me. "Consider this deal done. Send me the paper work and our team will get back to you" I thanked her and her team.

"We did it" Kate squealed once they left. "Oh my god" she hugged me and started jumping up and down making me laugh too. "Let's have a meeting with our team tomorrow" I turned towards others. "Let's discuss the teams to work on this project. I already prepared the designs so we can start right away" they nodded and left to prepare for the meeting. "Prepare the paper work and send it to me as earliest" I told Kate and went back to my cabin.

I checked time and saw it is already half past seven. I wrapped the work quickly and decided to head home. Since Aaron cooked in the morning I decided to prepare dinner for us. I don't know when he would come but I thought it would rude if he is the only one cooking.

I decided to make Chicken and Mushroom Fricassee and Apple tart as I was in good mood. I took a shower and changed in to pajama set before coming to kitchen. I started cooking the dishes and I placed them on the dining table once I finished it. I was cleaning the kitchen when I heard the door open. "Hi" I heard Aaron say behind me. "Hey" he looked at the food on table. "You cooked"

"Since you made breakfast I thought of preparing the dinner" his lips curved up slightly. "I will fresh up and will join in five minutes" I nodded my head and got back to the island. He soon came back and we started eating. "How was your day?" I looked at Aaron. "Well, I made a new deal today. It went pretty good"

"How about you?" I asked him back. "Same as usual. Oh I forgot" he kept his spoon down. "We have to attend a party next week" he told me one of his business partners is organizing a charity event and we are invited to it. I told him I will clear my schedule and will go with him.

We finished dinner and he volunteered to wash the dishes. Unlike yesterday it didn't felt odd to spend time with Aaron today. If this is how it goes I am sure we can at least be friends to each other. 

Author Note:

Hello readers... Hope you like the chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment while reading.

♥♥SN_Angel♥♥

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro